Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Just confirmed - lower bowl ticket prices will increase this year

LCA77

Wow, didn't realize this until googling after your post, but apparantly the Skins don't even get to keep the gate receipts either. (Though I'd assume Club & SRO might be an exception like regular season?)

Source: http://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbadenhausen/2013/01/04/nfl-playoffs-are-not-a-road-to-riches-for-teams/

My guess is Danny did OK on this aspect:

The home team in the NFL playoffs does get to keep revenues from things like concessions and parking at the stadium. A team like the Patriots can net more than $2 million from concessions and parking for a playoff game,

---------- Post added February-2nd-2013 at 10:09 PM ----------

MTH:

The wording in the press release is a little odd. Either it's poorly written, or it is purposely ambiguous.

Among other things, the press release states:

General Admission ticket prices have increased for the first time in seven seasons, with most seats going up no more than 10 percent.

This does not translate to mean that some of the tickets won't be going up more than 10%.

For example, all original lower bowl tickets could go up 20% (or more), all the other tickets could go up 10%, and the press release statement is still true.

Just sayin'.

>> My money is behind choice #2. Most could mean 50.1%. Has anybody seen invoices yet?

Philly's announcement was more specific. Said general uppers were going from $70 to $75, LL endzone from $85 to $95, and LL sidelines and UL loge from $95 to $105. Think there was something in their release about an average increase of just under 10 percent.

I'm going to take the Skins being somewhat level here. I see the lowers going to $125 tops, which is significantly less than the $150 I was expecting.

This would also be more tolerable if they give raises to the people working the games as well. They had a booth at draft day one year and out of curoisity I asked how much they paid: "Minimum wage" was the reply. I seem to recall that they cut wages a few years ago on the parking lot attendants (and many here may agree with that).

If none of the prices have gone up, then I can't imagine they have given people raises.

mine is now showing too. upper level sideline row 20 went up $5.50 per seat/game. Parking went from $35 to $40 as it did for everyone. Not bad. Also, the due date is April 1. I seem to remember it being beginning of March previously. Not too bad.

I'm in the 400 level... mine went up well over 10%

looking at upgrading anyways... so not a big deal to me.

EDIT: For those wondering:

Last year: $48.00 per ticket

This year: $76.00 per ticket

EDIT 2: And to be fair to the Redskins, I was paying the same prices for section 405 the last couple of years as I was for section 411 in 2010. My seats were just removed.

I have 400 level seats near corner of endzone. Was $48 per ticket last year and now $92.40 a ticket. Really?? Almost doubled in price! They are not even really sideline seats, though they are charging like they are. Definitely not renewing. Does anyone know if there is anything cheaper than the $76 per ticket option, excluding the standing room only option. May try to down grade to the $76.00 option if I can, but may just forgoe them. Usually can only go to 3 games a year anyway.

Sect 141 Lower level sideline

2012 - $99 face + $9.90 County Tax, $108.90 per seat

2013 - $119 face + $11.90 County Tax, $130.90 per seat

So are there now 2 tiers of pricing for the LL?? This is my breakdown.

2012 - $99 face + $9.90 County Tax, $108.90 per seat

2013 - $109 face + $10.90 County Tax, $119.90 per seat

Ouch! Last year my total invoice was $1720 + Handling, This year its $1848+ Handling (or $92 a ticket) up from $79 + tax. This is for 40-45 yard line, upper level row 13.

Would be nice if Redskins ticket a larger flex pay, maybe 5 months or 6 months.

EDIT 2: And to be fair to the Redskins, I was paying the same prices for section 405 the last couple of years as I was for section 411 in 2010. My seats were just removed.

Did the Ticket Office ever promise you a certain time period that they would keep your original seat price when they forced you to move?

---------- Post added February-4th-2013 at 04:49 PM ----------

Ouch! Last year my total invoice was $1720 + Handling, This year its $1848+ Handling (or $92 a ticket) up from $79 + tax. This is for 40-45 yard line, upper level row 13.

They don't. Still just the 3 month payment plan. IF you sign up for the Redskins credit card, you can finance it interest free for 6 months.

My 3 seats in 427 went from $2607 to 2772 for the season. This isn't as bad as I was fearing, $5.50 per game ticket increase (including taxes, so I am assuming my $79 ticket went up to $84, plus additional 10% tax, for $92.40 per seat). It looks like they hit the lower level harder on increases than the upper level. Honestly, the extra $50 towards parking irks me more than the ticket price increase at this point, $40 is just ridiculous, maybe i should drop green lot and got back to the tailgate cash lot where I first parked when I got tix 7 years ago--driving in and out of that lot is a dream compared to the green lots...and at least last season I think it was only $25 still on gameday (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

Okay so let's see here...

LL went up 10% or 20% depending on if your seats are considered sideline or endzone...

Re uppers...

So they're charging you for sidelines whereas last season they were charging you for endzone. I assume you are above row 15, correct? If so, the price is the same as last year for your location.

Next....

I have 400 level seats near corner of endzone. Was $48 per ticket last year and now $92.40 a ticket. Really?? Almost doubled in price! They are not even really sideline seats, though they are charging like they are. Definitely not renewing. Does anyone know if there is anything cheaper than the $76 per ticket option, excluding the standing room only option. May try to down grade to the $76.00 option if I can, but may just forgoe them. Usually can only go to 3 games a year anyway.
Okay. May I assume you are row 15 or below? What section? The 40 cents doesn't make much sense.

Okay - so from $86.90 ( call it $87) to $92. Right?

My seats in the lower half of 401 (45 yd line, upper) went from $86.90 per seat last season (including tax) to $92.40 per seat including tax.

Assuming the county tax is still the same, that means they increased the per seat cost by $5.00, to $84 ($84 +$8.40 = $92.40).

As much as I'd like to complain about that, I can't really given how long the prices have been the same.

Archived