Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Just confirmed - lower bowl ticket prices will increase this year

LCA77

I suspect there are no GA seats in 242. There may have never been any GAs under the owner's box since the place opened. I've never seen tix for sale in that section in all of my years of ticket hunting, something should have seeped out onto the market by now. Maybe MTH has seen something.

I have seen tix for sale in 201 under the tv/radio booths. I bought a pair for the playoff game this year, and I paid only slightly more than GA STHs in 101 will pay for the first preseason game in 2013.

I suspect there are no GA seats in 242. There may have never been any GAs under the owner's box since the place opened. I've never seen tix for sale in that section in all of my years of ticket hunting, something should have seeped out onto the market by now. Maybe MTH has seen something.

I have seen tix for sale in 201 under the tv/radio booths. I bought a pair for the playoff game this year, and I paid only slightly more than GA STHs in 101 will pay for the first preseason game in 2013.

Probably true. At least for the top 4-5 rows nearest Danny's box. They are normally guarded on both sides by PG County police. Could still be GA in that section. People just may be vetted carefully to avoid any troublemakers in front of Danny's box. The section could be reserved for "friends of the family". :D

Ok, here is the breakdown I just got from the ticket office. I'm just using the home side because that's what I know but of course the visitor sideline mirrors it:

Sections 104/204, 103/203, 102/202 are $130.90 per ticket.

Sections 141/241, 140/240, 139/239 are $130.90 per ticket

Sections 201 and 242 are also $130.90 per ticket.

So, the only sections that went up to $150+ per ticket are sections 101 and 142 and 121 and 122. There are NO 200 level tickets that are priced more than $130.90. The 200 level seats are treated the same as the 100 level seats except for the 4 sections at midfield, which are priced as the rest of the sideline tickets.

Hope this helps to clarify.

I'm an idiot and you answered my question in your original post. Never mind. Thank you for the information.

Nothing to see here, move along :)

---------- Post added February-8th-2013 at 10:45 AM ----------

Mark - any idea when you'll be updating your pricing in your amazing thread about the stadium? Just curious :)

I am in section 105. My seats went up from $99 to $109 a seat but PG county seems to have doubled their taxes??????

Did they break out the tax on your invoice? Mine only had a total price.

The tax is 10% still so it should have went from $108.90 total per ticket to $119.90 total a ticket. So the tax should have just increased a buck.

What's your total price per ticket?

Tax is broken out on my invoice for same price level - $109 ticket x 4 seats ...tax is $436.00 on invoice so $109 per seat tax....same exact 10% tax as in prior years. The tax is listed right under the subtotal on your printed invoice.

Ahh ok, I have not even opened my snail mail invoice. I was going by the online one.

So tax is already included in the invoice?

So that means my tickets went from 108.90/seat/game to 119.90/seat/game. That's not nearly as bad as I thought.

Yep that's right. The only people that got a really big increase were the 4 sections at the 50 that went up to 150 a seat and the $44 dollar seats that were removed in the upper deck and allowed to keep the same price until now and they are being charged the same as everyone else in their section.

Yep that's right. The only people that got a really big increase were the 4 sections at the 50 that went up to 150 a seat and the $44 dollar seats that were removed in the upper deck and allowed to keep the same price until now and they are being charged the same as everyone else in their section.

Sweet. That makes it a little less harder to stomach. My biggest problem is I have 3 tickets - my wife and I go to every game. Finding 1 person is going to be even harder than it has been now that the tickets are even more expensive.

Oh well. I guess I can't complain too much. When my steats were removed I knew that 44/seat price wasn't going to stay for long, and I knew the skins were going to turn the corner so I finally upgraded. I have much better seats and I'm not paying all that much more for them than I would be if I stayed up top now.

So that would be me. I have two seats in section 142 that are in my cousin's name. I am now paying $150 per seat for those. I have two seats that were moved last year from the upper deck endzone that I paid $44 for. These were moved to section 126. Last year, according to the season ticket price chart (I think provided by Mark the Homer) on this site, these cost $79. I sold them for my cost last year on this site. I sold the playoff tickets for my cost, which cost $79 plus tax for the Seattle game on this site too. Those are now listed at $84. So my upper deck went up almost 100% and my lower level went up about 50%.

Splendid.

So that would be me. I have two seats in section 142 that are in my cousin's name. I am now paying $150 per seat for those. I have two seats that were moved last year from the upper deck endzone that I paid $44 for. These were moved to section 126. Last year, according to the season ticket price chart (I think provided by Mark the Homer) on this site, these cost $79. I sold them for my cost last year on this site. I sold the playoff tickets for my cost, which cost $79 plus tax for the Seattle game on this site too. Those are now listed at $84. So my upper deck went up almost 100% and my lower level went up about 50%.

Splendid.

You conveniently left out that you got a 55.7% discount on your upper deck seats for the past two years. The REAL increase to your upper deck seats is just 6.3%. And yes, I understand that you were forced to move to "better" seats because they removed the endzone seats.

The staggered pricing in the lower level has been long over due. It made little sense for my seats in the end zone to cost the same as the 50 yard line. Not saying I like what is happening. But it is consistent with pricing in other larger NFL markets. Not like the Redskins are the only team with high ticket prices. Heck, even tickets to concerts are ridiculously expensive. I'm getting close to being priced out also. Soon I will be sitting in front of my HD TV with sideline views for home games.

You conveniently left out that you got a 55.7% discount on your upper deck seats for the past two years. The REAL increase to your upper deck seats is just 6.3%. And yes, I understand that you were forced to move to "better" seats because they removed the endzone seats.

The staggered pricing in the lower level has been long over due. It made little sense for my seats in the end zone to cost the same as the 50 yard line. Not saying I like what is happening. But it is consistent with pricing in other larger NFL markets. Not like the Redskins are the only team with high ticket prices. Heck, even tickets to concerts are ridiculously expensive. I'm getting close to being priced out also. Soon I will be sitting in front of my HD TV with sideline views for home games.

My upper deck seats were not moved out of the endzone until last year. The year before, they were moved, but remained in the endzone. So I did not get to take advantage of a percentage discount of over 50 percent for two years, only one. Besides, the fan who was able to take advantage of that discount goes by the name of Highway66 on this site. He bought my tickets from the classifieds on this site, and ANYONE could have taken advantage of that discount. I sold them at cost. I posted about the move when I became aware of it.

Not sure I follow you.

First of all, it's more clear to include taxes when you talk about cost. That removes confusion, since the taxes are part of the cost. The $150 per game price tag for midfield LL tickets in 2013 includes taxes. Last year those tickets were $108.90, let's call it $109, or easier yet $110. Multiply that by 40% and we have $154. So the hike to $150 is slightly under 40%

Re the UL tickets, you say they were in the endzone up high, and cost $44. Yes, but that excludes the tax. Now you say the seats are in 126. Do you mean 426? If so, then, yes, the price was $79 before taxes, but that's only below Row 16. So essentially you've received two upgrades - one for moving from the endzone to the sidelines, and another for moving from above row 15 to below row 16.

Section 126 seats have been above $100 (including taxes) for quite some time.

Yes, section 426, sorry.

Here is the story of my upper level seats. For the record I steadfastly refused to take part in the seat relocation program because I was happy to get in to the stadium inexpensively or be able to sell them to someone else on this site inexpensively.

They started out in section 416, row 16, and cost me $440 per seat plus tax of $44. That was in 2010. In 2011 they moved me to section 421, row 16 and the cost was the same. My initial invoice from 2012 had the seats in the same location, but I was then notified that I was moved to section 426, row 14 at the same cost. At that time, I checked on extremskins to see what type of a discount I was getting and it looked like they should have been $79 plus tax. That was the cost that I paid for the playoff tickets to the Seattle game (that I also sold at cost on this website).

My 2013 invoice has them at $84, plus tax. I know that that is really only a $5 increase and I frankly expected it.

And yes, the increase in the lower level is only about 40%. I only had the raw numbers and my old-guy memory to work with there, as the invoice goes to my cousin. They cost me about $110 per seat last year and about $150 (actually $152.70) this year.

There is something I wanted to mention regarding this hike of the four midfield sections.

I'm not a sports fan psychologist or anything like that, but it seems to me it's possible the team might be penny-wise but pound-foolish with this recent price hike of the four midfield sections. One of the benefits of being a loyal season ticket holder for years and years is the upgrade system. Although we have to pay for major upgrades, there is also a built-in benefit for loyalty in that we are slowly moved to better and better seats every few years. And often this is done with no price increase because the upgrade is within the same price zone. But is it wise to have such a steep cost associated with mid-field seats? If the price is significantly more to move from say, section 105 to section 104, is it really an upgrade? Or better put, is the upgrade really a benefit? Same argument for moving from 102 to 101. Is moving to Section 101 really something you want, when you can barely afford section 102?

It seems to me, what is happening is - rather than rewarding fans for loyalty, they are sort of being segregated into classes.

My point is, the reward for loyalty is disappearing, or at least being diluted. What it comes down to is, the fans with the most money - not necessarily the fans with the most loyalty - will be sitting in the best seats.

Assuming this trend continues, could it be the midfield seats - and the LL sidelines seats too - will eventually be replaced with winers and diners - you know - the ones that aren't really interested in standing and cheering for their team (as in my view the Club is now)?

That's my thoughts on it Mark. I was looking forward to getting closer to midfield, but it appears I'm as close as I can get without jumping up to the ~130/seat price point.

Maybe one day I'll be able to look at that and say yes - I want to pay that much to be there. As of right now I can't.

There is no more reward for holding on to the tickets for so long anymore. It's pretty much gone with the latest move. There's not even really a reward to being a ticket holder anymore. It's getting harder and harder to justify it every year. Maybe if the team is a 10+ win team for the next 4-5 years we'll feel there's a payoff to being a season ticket holder.

Archived