Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Multiple Choice Poll: Your most memorable victories from the 2012 season

Commander PK

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

The 76 yard TD run against Minnesota to put it away. I was at a cookout with 3 Redskins fans minus myself and a house full of Cowboy fans. They were all talking ****. Saying Minny was coming back. Then Robert took off around the corner and me and my fellow fans were jumping up and down screaming and hollering. They got mighty quiet after that. That was a great game.

Also the Thanksgiving game against Dallas was a epic showing.

yupp that was pretty good. my friend and i were sitting in the lounge at my college watching football (i believe the giants game was being shown that evening...ugh life of living in new york, lol) and when fox 5 did a game break, it showed RG3 turning the corner, and my friend and i start to jump up and down screaming TD TD TD!!!!! oh man we were so happy :) then after the giants game ended, fox 5 showed the final minute of skins vs vikings, so we saw the game ending interception in the end zone :)

It was the Thanksgiving Day game vs the Cowgirls for me. We timed our dinner perfectly where we were able to say grace and fill our plates at halftime and enjoy the 2nd half on a full stomach with some cold brews. It wa great having a whole house full of family and life long Skins' fans watching us wear out the pukes on Thanksgiving Day!

As far as most memorable, I'd have to go with the 1st game at New Orleans. I had never really watched RG3 in college and wasn't sure what to expect. When we came out with our new innovative offense and RG3 is playing like the most dynamic player in the league against a team that supposed to crush us, I was shocked and super excited for what the team was capable of. Very fun game.

I'm going to say the Seahawks (I know we didn't "win") because in my mind we "won" that game on our 1st 2 offensive possessions. We had one of the hottest teams in the NFL that has had our number in the post season with arguably the best defense in the league and we heard all week that the Seahawks defense was too much for us. Well Mr. 70% RG3 came out with Morris and led us to 14 quick points against a great defense. Our defense also came out with a sense of urgency I hadn't seen. The defense played great and knowing what our offense had done during those 1st 2 drives, I see a lot of blowouts if we can get a healthy RG3 back. We "won" that game and that first half of the first quarter really showed that no one is going to stop us with a 100% RG3.

Well, the Ravens game is in a solid third place right now. I have to admit I am a bit surprised about that one. For those voting for the Ravens, is it more the way we won that game? or is it because it's the Ravens?

For me it's a combination of both. For most of the last 12 years we in the area have had to listen to Ravens fans run their mouths about how their organization is run so well (Which it is) and the Redskins were not. Especially when they won their Lombardi trophy. The problem, is that while mostly true it's coming from people who shouldn't really care about us. We don't play in the same division, but Ravens fans have incessantly tried to create a rivalry here when there isn't one. I think they are mainly jealous because even in the worst years of the Redskins, they still get more attention in the area. What do they expect though...the Redskins have been here for 80 years. The Ravens have been here for 17.

I also like the way we won that game. We had to fight. Typically that is a game we lose. The resiliency shown was epic.

I thought someone who writes for SI actually said we'd go 0-16.

ESPN the Magazine I believe it was picked us to go 2-14. I looked it up a while back and like 90% of the folks picked us 6-10. Some insight from "experts" included we would not win a division game and we would not score over 21 points in any game.

I realize in the grand scheme of Redskin lore the victory over the Cowpukes for the NFCE title is probably tops. But for me the Thanksgiving day win over The Girls is more memorable. Thanksgiving day with my family at my house, the team gaining momentum, national TV,.....made for a perfect day.

Oh man this is a hard one.

-That first game besides special teams:) got people excited

-Tampa game RG3 on the big run laying his body on the line to set up up the field goal, maybe

-Then it was the long run in the Vikings game that put the icing on the cake :) Starts to get exciting

-Then the second win after bye agains the Cowgirls, some of the throws RG3 made? This to me is when I starting thinking Playoffs could happen!!!

If I could pick two, it would easily be both wins over the Cowboys. But I picked the first one since whole world saw RG3 light up the Cowboys.

That's me.

1). Dallas.

2). Dallas.

Dunno which games were the most awe inspiring or the most highlight-y or inspiring.

But those sure were the most FUN.

Edit:

Week 1, the debut game of a last-place team with a rookie QB, rookie RB, and a never-before-tried offensive system, on the road? That sure opened a whole lot of eyes, didn't it?

Archived