Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dallas fires Rob Ryan

DeMarco Murray 29

I just had a Cowboy fan "friend" argue with me that this was a great move. I come back with a comment about Romo sits to pee being a problem as well with his tendency to blow huge games. He denies that Romo sits to pee is the problem and is happy with his team's move.

They did fire the wrong coach though.

Garrett's offense failed to score when we needed. Ryan's defense was missing 7 starters. He did what he could with what he had. Didn't really deserve to be fired.

Hopefully that means we bring in Lovie Smith.

Why in the WORLD would Smith want to go to Dallas? That would be career suicide for him at this point

"I inherited a team that was 31st in the league in defense and made them better," Ryan said. "I (expletive) made them a hell of a lot better. I'll be out of work for like five minutes."

-Rob Ryan on being released as Defensive Coordinator of the Cowboys

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/...-d-coordinator

Except for that whole stopping the Redskins thing, sure :thumbsup:

Except for that whole stopping the Redskins thing, sure :thumbsup:

Yeah, those Redskins and their "college crap". :ols:

I read that he had a smart-ass answer to Jones' statement that things around Cowboys' camp were going to be uncomfortable for the next few months.

I believe Ryan said to that "I'm not uncomfortable.... I'm comfortably numb".

Won't be long before both Ryan brothers will end up like their dad, and be chased out of the NFL.

@rickgosselinDMN: No commitment to run game so you fire RB coach. No healthy bodies on D so you fire the coordinator. The real problems need to be addressed.

I agree with this. While I think Ryan is a jerk, I don't know how you fire a guy after having so many injuries. Seems to me Jones feels he needs to shake things up, but doesn't want to touch his 'golden boy' Garrett.

I agree with this. While I think Ryan is a jerk, I don't know how you fire a guy after having so many injuries. Seems to me Jones feels he needs to shake things up, but doesn't want to touch his 'golden boy' Garrett.

Why not? Everyone here wanted to can Haslett when he lost both starting safeties and his best player on each edge of the D before halftime of week two.

Why not? Everyone here wanted to can Haslett when he lost both starting safeties and his best player on each edge of the D before halftime of week two.

The defense under Haslett had been slipping for the last three-quarters of the 2011 season, when the defense was pretty much healthy. They continued to get worse up until the bye week of this season. I'll give him credit for turning it around at that point, but there was little evidence it was going to happen before then. If we had lost the last game of the season to the Cowboys I could have seen Haslett getting fired despite the improvement the last few games. But the Cowboys lost, so someone has to pay the price. As others have pointed out, and just like the Eagles getting rid of Castillo, the Cowboys problems lie elsewhere.

Archived