Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dallas fires Rob Ryan

DeMarco Murray 29

Won't the Tampa 2 make them vulnerable to the run? Can't wait for Rob and Morris to test that out. Hopefully twice on a primetime stage again.

It won't be a Tampa 2 from what they're saying. It's more of a multiple formation 4-3. Carr/Claiborne will be in more man than in zone defenses.

I am excited for the 4-3. We will have more aggresive pass rushers attacking the QB in Ware, Ratliff, Hatcher, Crawford etc. No more Marcus Spears and Kenyon Coleman rushing the QB.

It won't be a Tampa 2 from what they're saying. It's more of a multiple formation 4-3. Carr/Claiborne will be in more man than in zone defenses.

I am excited for the 4-3. We will have more aggresive pass rushers attacking the QB in Ware, Ratliff, Hatcher, Crawford etc. No more Marcus Spears and Kenyon Coleman rushing the QB.

Even Tampa didnt run the Tampa 2 in all situations. Every defense is a hybrid.

However, Monte Kiffin is the grandfather of the Tampa 2. You can bet that is going to be on the field quite a bit

The Tampa 2 relies on having a strong pass rush generated by the 4 down lineman. That is why, even during its heyday, very few teams ran it. And that is why Kiffin has struggled since he parted ways with the group he had in Tampa

I don't know where this pass rush is going to come from in Dallas. I don't see anyone on their team who will be a threat on a four man front. Where will Ware fit in? He has 0 coverage skills, so that will rule out OLB. He doesn't have the strength to play DE on a 4 man front. If Dallas is smart they will trade him this offseason for players they need to run the new system, otherwise they're going to be tying up his enormous cap number on a situational pass rusher.

Even Tampa didnt run the Tampa 2 in all situations. Every defense is a hybrid.

However, Monte Kiffin is the grandfather of the Tampa 2. You can bet that is going to be on the field quite a bit

The Tampa 2 relies on having a strong pass rush generated by the 4 down lineman. That is why, even during its heyday, very few teams ran it. And that is why Kiffin has struggled since he parted ways with the group he had in Tampa

I don't know where this pass rush is going to come from in Dallas. I don't see anyone on their team who will be a threat on a four man front. Where will Ware fit in? He has 0 coverage skills, so that will rule out OLB. He doesn't have the strength to play DE on a 4 man front. If Dallas is smart they will trade him this offseason for players they need to run the new system, otherwise they're going to be tying up his enormous cap number on a situational pass rusher.

If the plan is a rebuild, why hire a guy who's 72 years old to be DC?

You know what, nevermind just keep doing what you're doing, Dallas. :)

I went into a coma for most of the 2012 season. Other Cowboys fans that I am friends with kept trying to persuade me that somehow this year is going to be different, that there was something magical going on with all of these comeback wins. I simply asked them, who is the GM of the Dallas Cowboys? That was my response for why the Cowboys haven't changed a bit. Jerruh is a senile two-bit snake oil salesman that needs to be put out of his misery. I tweeted to all of my Cowboys buddies, "Stop drinking Jerruh's snake oil, fool!" I no longer get all worked up when there's a coaching change or some splashy move is made in free agency or the draft.

Classic example: Jerruh got a lot of love from the media for acquiring Brandon Carr and trading up in last year's draft to get Claiborne. Fixing the secondary was supposed to be the key to making Ryan's defense work. And now a few months later, the Cowboys organization are playing up this notion about having doubts about Ryan all along and that they have been contemplating switching their defensive philosophy when they learned that Kiffin was returning to the NFL. So, assuming that this is true (which it isn't, it's all a bunch of nonsense), if they knew they were going to switch defensive styles, they're sitting there in the draft where they could have drafted Mark Barron or stay right where they are and take Brockers, both of whom would have been great players for a Tampa 2 style defense.

As I said, it's all a bunch of nonsense. The Cowboys organization has been run into the ground by a stupid, senile, arrogant man and no one in that organization will man up and put that chump in his proper place (an asylum).

I went into a coma for most of the 2012 season. Other Cowboys fans that I am friends with kept trying to persuade me that somehow this year is going to be different, that there was something magical going on with all of these comeback wins. I simply asked them, who is the GM of the Dallas Cowboys? That was my response for why the Cowboys haven't changed a bit. Jerruh is a senile two-bit snake oil salesman that needs to be put out of his misery. I tweeted to all of my Cowboys buddies, "Stop drinking Jerruh's snake oil, fool!" I no longer get all worked up when there's a coaching change or some splashy move is made in free agency or the draft.

Classic example: Jerruh got a lot of love from the media for acquiring Brandon Carr and trading up in last year's draft to get Claiborne. Fixing the secondary was supposed to be the key to making Ryan's defense work. And now a few months later, the Cowboys organization are playing up this notion about having doubts about Ryan all along and that they have been contemplating switching their defensive philosophy when they learned that Kiffin was returning to the NFL. So, assuming that this is true (which it isn't, it's all a bunch of nonsense), if they knew they were going to switch defensive styles, they're sitting there in the draft where they could have drafted Mark Barron or stay right where they are and take Brockers, both of whom would have been great players for a Tampa 2 style defense.

As I said, it's all a bunch of nonsense. The Cowboys organization has been run into the ground by a stupid, senile, arrogant man and no one in that organization will man up and put that chump in his proper place (an asylum).

They would not have drafted Barron.

It was said, they would have drafted Michael Brockers and Bobby Wagner in the 2nd.

With the seasons Brockers and Wagner have had ... Brockers and Wagner >>>>>>>>> Claiborne.

Now I'm starting to wonder if Vinny is working as a consultant down in Jerry Land.

This kind of rings of the Jim Zorn, West-coast offense transition that Vinny made on a whim after Gibbs retired. We did not have the right personnel, and our offense was atrocious. Now Kiffin is a much better coach, do not get me wrong. The point is, there is no way Dallas defense improves next year after the philosophical change. And how long is Kiffin going to stick around at 72?

I have a question for VCDefectors and DM29. How do you feel about Ware becoming a 4-3 DE? I know I said that the front 7 would adjust, but how do you guys feel about him putting his hand on the ground now?

Truthfully, I'm more worried about Ware's age and mounting injuries. Although he will be putting his hands on the ground more, he did play DE in college and is more than strong enough to handle the position FT. Plus, he won't be dropping off into coverage like he does as a 3-4 OLB. Overall, I see it more as a positive for him. Of course, that's far from fixing all of the other problems that the Cowboys have on defense. They need more pieces on the DL and safeties that can cover. We'll see if that happens.

I have a question for VCDefectors and DM29. How do you feel about Ware becoming a 4-3 DE? I know I said that the front 7 would adjust, but how do you guys feel about him putting his hand on the ground now?

Ware is the least of my concerns. We still need a SLB and a safety who can cover!!!

We should be fine up front and two of the 3 linebacker spots are set by two perennial pro bowl players (if they ever stay healthy!!!)

Give me some offensive lineman and a ballhawks safety and I'm happy!

Ware is the least of my concerns. We still need a SLB and a safety who can cover!!!

We should be fine up front and two of the 3 linebacker spots are set by two perennial pro bowl players (if they ever stay healthy!!!)

Give me some offensive lineman and a ballhawks safety and I'm happy!

I'm actually with this guy on it. I don't think the Cowboys' roster needs a serious overhaul to play in a cover-2. Heck, tampa-2 may actually be a fairly effective defense against the read option, but I know the tampa-2 has become almost extinct in the modern nfl, so it makes me wonder if it will be effective against most offenses.

They would not have drafted Barron.

It was said, they would have drafted Michael Brockers and Bobby Wagner in the 2nd.

With the seasons Brockers and Wagner have had ... Brockers and Wagner >>>>>>>>> Claiborne.

The thing that no one is talking about is what a great deal this might turn out to be for Ryan. He is escaping JerruhHell and is going to a team with a decent head coach, promising young QB, a team loaded with draft picks for the next couple of seasons. I'm not so sure about the Rams' prospects for a 3-4 D, but what a great opportunity for him.

The thing that no one is talking about is what a great deal this might turn out to be for Ryan. He is escaping JerruhHell and is going to a team with a decent head coach, promising young QB, a team loaded with draft picks for the next couple of seasons. I'm not so sure about the Rams' prospects for a 3-4 D, but what a great opportunity for him.

It just buys him more time to keep fooling people into thinking he's a good coordinator. The odd thing about this is I don't think Fisher has ever run the 3-4 and he's a defensive coach. Strange pairing.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like it took longer than 5 minutes to get hired :ols:

The St. Louis Rams have hired Rob Ryan as their defensive coordinator, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

The boisterous Ryan was fired as defensive coordinator of the Dallas Cowboys on Jan. 8, soon after owner Jerry Jones said he would make major changes to a team that finished 8-8 and missed the playoffs.

After his ouster in Dallas, Ryan said, "I'll be out of work for like five minutes."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8878336/rob-ryan-hired-st-louis-rams-defensive-coordinator-source

According to Chris Mortensen via Twitter, the Rams have decided Rob Ryan won't be Defensive Coordinator. Jeff Fisher says, "It wasn't a scheme fit."

So he's back on the street again. Well him having a job lasted all of 5 minutes. I wonder if he will go where his brother is.

Archived