Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage & Interactive Game Day Thread: 2012 Redskins vs Seahawks (Final)

NoLeafClover

I think you're kind of overstating things a bit. they didn't "Beat our azz" as in just start to finish dominating blow out as that seems to suggest, although they did beat us. Our offense played well, but we had a hobbled QB. We don't have to learn how to play 4 quarters, get nasty when needed or not abandon the run. We were able to understand all of that during the 7 game run to get us here. We just suffered a set back with the one guy that makes all those things go.

You didn't watch the game, yes they got rocked for one qtr and from then on they beat our azz physically . We do need to learn to get nasty when we play a team more physical than us. We were busy running to the refs instead of getting after it, they pushed us around, especially the offense. Morris had 18 carries and at key 3rd n shorts we abandoned the run. Guys like you act like you cant take a criticism of the team or staff at all. It was a great year, great run and the future looks bright but this team still has a lot to learn and a lot to learn from today. Its not the refs fault has bad as they may have been, we don't need to fire anyone we just need to LEARN from this and get ready for next year.

This one STINKS badly!! We shoulda had this one in the bag...We lost, whatever the reason..BUT..I HAVE HAD THE MOST FUN THIS SEASON SINCE THE 90's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would guess that that's the same for most of us here! Listening to Larry, Sonny, Sam, and Doc on the radio (thank you WAUG in Raleigh!!) in the garage every week has been great! I've loved listening to Redskins Radio for years (ever since we got the @#$%^& Panthers and we don't get the Skins on TV much anymore). THE FUTURE LOOKS GOOD!! Hopefully RG3s knee comes back strong, Morris comes back strong, we gain some secondary and our recievers improve a little.

Next year we are here talking about the SUPERBOWL!!!!!!

When both are too injured to be effective? you damn right.

Or did you not notice Charlie Batch starting some games this year?

That's because Ben was INJURED! Just like Rg3 told Shanahan. There's a difference between injured and hurt and he was hurt. When Ben came back he still didn't look good but Batch wasn't inserted in the game! Stop thinking like a fan and think like a player and the relationship they have with their coach!

Would Belichick yank Brady???? Would Tomlinson bench Roethlisberger???

He's our franchise QB !!! We win with him an we lose with him!

In their rookie year, after giving up seasons worth of future picks, and holding a lead at the time?? Sure, in that situation and with an obviously hobbled QB, I think they'd of both pulled em'.. You just can't afford to gamble your future away like that, imo.. Now we wait and see just how bad of a gamble it was.. And going off past Redskins luck, I wouldn't hold my breath on it being anything but worst case scenario.. :(

Again....politely disagree. With a healthy RG3, we would have destroyed them. Rewind the tv and rewatch the first two drives. It was obvious that after RG3 went down the first time, he wasn't the same afterwards.

Yes, I understand. But we all know ebb and flows of football games change. How many times did the Skins come out of the gate poorly the last two weeks? They fell behind against Dallas last week. That didnt mean they lost the game.

I am not saying they would have won or lost. I am saying no way no way the Skins would have destroyed the Seahawks. The Redskins dont deestroy anybody,.

Well I really don't need to spell out why we lost - it's perfectly obvious. Aw hell, I'll do it anyway.

RG3 pre-injury: 6/9, 68 yards, 2 TD, 4 rushes for 12 yards (two 1st downs), en route to a 14-0 lead after just 2 possessions.

Rest of game: 4/10, 16 yards, 1 INT, 1 rush for 9 yards, and Cousins didn't do much better (3/10 for 31 yards), en route to being outscored 24-0.

Despite our offensive ineptitude for the bulk of the game (including gifting them a FG), our D performed admirably, holding them to 24 points (the fact that it was 24 rather than 28 in light of that botched snap is itself impressive) despite Seattle having countless opportunities and short fields. Does anyone have any doubt that we'd have won easily with a healthy RG3?

That said, he still made some mistakes which had nothing to do with his injury; he HAS to learn to thrown the ball away more often, and he has to throw it away sooner.

Regarless, we still have a lot to look forward to. Davis, Rak, Merriweather, Carriker, Helu, not to mention RG3 himself will all be back next year, and perhaps Tanard as well. Hopefully Garcon will be healthy for the whole year this time. Pending further injuries or Mara pulling another stunt (knock on wood), I see no reason why we won't be right back here (or perhaps even get a 1st round bye) next year.

I'm sorry, RG3's answers in the postgame are full of crap. Or he's delusional, one of 'em.

Yea, ima little thrown by some of his answers. I know he's a competitor and has heart, pride, and a competitor, but it seems he took the reigns between he and Shanny on going out. Saying he was not going out the game and he would have been incredibly upset if he got benched and he's the best option to win and that's why he's the starter. Not on one leg, buddy. Feeling very 50/50 on he and Shanny's pressers

We don't need Griff to become another Vick. Fast, but always hurt.

I hope people talk to him a lot during the off season and tell him that sometimes he has to swallow his pride if he doesn't to have a two year career.

I 'll be interested to hear the reason why they left Griffin in after he was obviously hurting. It's a shame Williams had to lose his temper. Here's to improving at secondary next season.HTTR.

I dont really care that Trent lost his cool. That guy is a tool.

We don't need Griff to become another Vick. Fast, but always hurt.

I hope people talk to him a lot during the off season and tell him that sometimes he has to swallow his pride if he doesn't to have a two year career.

He can't keep going in and out of the lineup. His first year, he's been injured 3 times such that he had to miss plays/games. At 100%, he's as good as anybody. At 75% and gimping around, not so much.

I think the call of Cousins midgame was idiotic. Now it's starting to look like a good idea. But that's hindsight for ya. If we had come back with RG3 of course we'd all be glad he stayed in.

And if we had pulled RG3 after the 1st, and lost, everyone would still be calling for the head of Shanahan. The guy is in a no win situation.

And if we had pulled RG3 after the 1st, and lost, everyone would still be calling for the head of Shanahan. The guy is in a no win situation.

It depends on what would've happened. Cousins playing with a two score lead couldn't have played any worse than RG3 did.

I think you give him a chance, but into the 3rd quarter, everybody in the world could see RG3 had no chance of giving you anything on that knee. I think the second guessers had dwindled by that point.

lol at people saying shanahan should be fired. im sorry, but wasnt he one of the reasons we had our 7 game winning streak...? sucks that we lost, but i am very proud of how our team came back from a 3-6 record to win the NFC East and get to the playoffs. i think the thing we are doing wrong here is that we keep facing seattle in the playoffs. if we dont face them, we would have won in 05, 07 and today. gotta face somebody else next season :)

sorry to to say, this one is on shanny.. RG3 was not healthy. should have put cousins in. it was clearly evident that he wasn't himself the last few weeks, and after the first quarter of this game, it seemed to get worse. I can't wait to hear the opponents of my my argument. Have at it.

You didn't watch the game, yes they got rocked for one qtr and from then on they beat our azz physically . We do need to learn to get nasty when we play a team more physical than us. We were busy running to the refs instead of getting after it, they pushed us around, especially the offense. Morris had 18 carries and at key 3rd n shorts we abandoned the run. Guys like you act like you cant take a criticism of the team or staff at all. It was a great year, great run and the future looks bright but this team still has a lot to learn and a lot to learn from today. Its not the refs fault has bad as they may have been, we don't need to fire anyone we just need to LEARN from this and get ready for next year.

You didn't watch the previous 7. Your response is to ignorant of that fact to respond further.

It has nothing to do with his natural ability to throw from the pocket. The guy has an injured plant leg. That's going to hamper any QB. Throwing the football is more about your lower body than anything. That's where your power and accuracy comes from. Some of the great coaches can tell if the QB has made a great or bad throw by just watching the QB's feet. The clear question should be whether he should have played in the first place or taken out of the game since he was obviously favoring the knee.

Agreed. More reason for Shanahan to pull him. His accuracy was way off yesterday. If your QB can't throw or run, why is he in the game?

Promoting next week's game. I'll be honest Seattle wasn't overly impressive. I don't see them going to the SB

It seemed like RGIII was just done after that rollout. IDK, I see Seattle/49ers NFCC game. Just not sold on Atlanta. GB will make mistakes. Not enough run game in GB for me.

Agreed. More reason for Shanahan to pull him. His accuracy was way off yesterday. If your QB can't throw or run, why is he in the game?

True, he started looking like in the Panthers game in the 2nd quarter. We couldn't even get anywhere near for any FG attempt. Shanny should have said to himself "Really, how far are we going in the playoffs?" and let Cousins see what he could do for the 2nd half. There probably would have been more of a running attack. Rest up RGIII's knee for the next game if we won. I think this is the last time any thing like this (letting him stay in the game injured) will happen. All Shanny has to repeat to RGIII is "Seattle!, Seattle!, Seattle!"... no matter what he says to the coach.

I think RG3s injury was a great excuse for fans who wanted him yanked for his ineffectiveness and performance, not the injury. You can't necessarily assume RG3 was ineffective due to the injury. He may have just been off, having a bad game, or, you know, going against one of the best D's in the league. If RG3 is hobbling on one leg throwing accurate darts, no one gives a **** about pulling him. We coast to victory, even if RG3 is injured and has the same risk of serious ACL-tear as he was on Sunday. This is about performance under injury, not the injury. Don't forget how some players (namely, McNair) used to play while injured (great). ACL-injury at the end of the game aside, this was really about RG3 not being able to move the ball against Seattle. You don't pull him because you're hoping he can get a good drive going at the end of the game when you're still ahead. He's still your best player, even if he's having an off game.

Archived