Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

what was wrong with our passing game against dallas?

NikoBellic

I don't know if I would go that far but I have played sport with a knee brace on before and your mobility and kinetic chain is certainly affected. I doubt they would have him out there if he was destroying his knee for these wins. They probably have a therapist literally attached to his hip during the week. this is week 4 of a 4 week injury and he rushed 4 yards anaginst the eagles and 64 yards against the cowboys. If this is bad griffin then he is still better on one knee then some starters are on two.

See, that's the great thing about Griffin. A "bad game" for him is an unimpressive passing stat line with low yardage, but also with no more than 1 INT (he had zero last night). By contrast, Dallas fans wish the same were true for a certain quarterback we've picked off five times in two games this year...

No offense but anyone who thinks Griffin had a good game last night compared to how hes played all year has burgundy colored glasses on. There were 3 or 4 balls that were so poorly thrown I forgot what team I was watching. I remember a couple times saying to my fiance "What is up with Griff, why is he playing so jittery?" He did finally settle down in the 2nd half, but either nerves finally got to him or his leg was hurt. Re-watch that game, the first half Griffin was not himself. Luckily we did run the ball well, but when Griffin was asked to pass, he was not as efficient. That throw to Garcon that got us a first down though was picture perfect, after he threw that I knew we would be ok. But hes a rookie, everyone has a bad game. Honestly, if RG3s bad game is 9/18 100 yards, 0 ints, and 68 rush yards and 1 td, I am more then happy lol.

I agree completely. He's still a rookie. I'm glad that he got this one out of his system.

it dont really think it was his leg, because he looked much worst this week than last. to me it looked like it was all nerves. i know he says he doesnt get nervous and he shines under pressure, but i think his nerves got the better of him.

next week, we're going to have to get him in his zone right from the get go. get him out of the pocket more, put him in situations where he feels comfortable.

griffin looked much much more mobile this week compared to last week and he was still wearing the brace. I don't think it had anything to do with him not being able to plant. There were a couple ridiculous drops, but if you were at the game last night you know how cold it was. Probably one of the coldest games RG3 has ever played in and I suspect that probably played into why he missed some throws.

also, we were running at will so there was no real reason to throw that much

I think he was being very careful to not make an interception. A couple throws that seemed to be awful may have been intentionally thrown away (I think this because I have never seen him throw it that badly). Who was the better QB in that game Romo sits to pee or RGIII? The answer is RGIII. RGIII was playing for a team win; not to be a superhero. Choose to shut down our passing attack and we will destroy you with our running attack.

At the start of the second half they interviewed Shanahan and asked him what the Skins needed to do to get the pass game going and he answered that they may not need to worry about it the way Alfred was running the ball.. Doesn't everyone see that the Redskins just swept our biggest rivals by beating them IN TWO COMPLETELY DIIFFERENT ways?

At the start of the second half they interviewed Shanahan and asked him what the Skins needed to do to get the pass game going and he answered that they may not need to worry about it the way Alfred was running the ball.. Doesn't everyone see that the Redskins just swept our biggest rivals by beating them IN TWO COMPLETELY DIIFFERENT ways?

--every win won't be pretty. This win wasn't pretty like the first game w/ RGIII's passing, but we played a better team game with the run attack and the defense. Stop complaining....RGIII is a winner and he will adapt. Who cares if he only had 100 passing yards. He made big plays when we needed them.

During the game the announcers said Dallas was keeping their safeties deep. They never brought them up trying to take away the deep ball. This told the skins they could run it down their throats since they weren't filling. the box.

Dallas sold out against the play action keeping safeties deep and moving LBers into the voids or seams where we normally threw the ball, so guess what? The Redskins top rushing attack got over 200 yards.

No offense but anyone who thinks Griffin had a good game last night compared to how hes played all year has burgundy colored glasses on. But hes a rookie, everyone has a bad game. Honestly, if RG3s bad game is 9/18 100 yards, 0 ints, and 68 rush yards and 1 td, I am more then happy lol.

Ever think that those 3-4 bad passes some of which were not forced?

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2012123007/2012/REG17/cowboys@redskins#menu=highlights&tab=recap

During the game the announcers said Dallas was keeping their safeties deep. They never brought them up trying to take away the deep ball. This told the skins they could run it down their throats since they weren't filling. the box.

And kudos to Kyle for taking what the cowboys were giving. He's really maturing as a play caller. In the past I thought he was a little quick to give up on the running game. RGIII was a little off but look at the drops too! Even Garçon dropped an easy ball. Then when Steiger went out and Leribus came in I'm sure coaches were more comfortable with him run blocking than pass blocking.

I heard the Kung fu panda had a couple of pancakes. Watching the line just mash them was a thing of beauty!! In big games the more physical team usually wins. With ware dinged up I thought it was very smart to run at him. It's easier to rush the passer than to try to hold your ground and be stout vs the run.

As a play caller myself you always take what the defense gives you! Pass game was sputtering and the run game was on fire!

First of all, HTTR! NFCE champs! This is amazing.

That said, our passing game looked not so good today. What gives? Was it RG3 making bad decisions or bad throws because he was not healthy? The receivers not getting open enough? I miss the games where our passing game was on fire (e.g. saints, first game against philly and dallas)

There's no way we'll beat seattle just running the ball like we did today. Seattle's defense is too good AND we need to keep up with their offense which has also been really hot as of late. I hope the skins can fix this during practice this week.

The man is allowed to have a bad game ... I mean, it's not rocket science. If this was a pattern for 2-3 games, okay we got trouble.

What's with this "no way we'll beat seattle" I mean, haven't you learn anything over the last 7 weeks? :doh:

Seattle is 3-5 ont he road? And they are not going down the street ...they are crossing time zones to come play us.

Something that somebody tweeted, Dallas was absolutely committed to stopping the pass and the play-action. They played 2 safeties back, and didn't bite on play action. They were committed to stopping the pass. And Kyle and Mike were smart enough to know that if they were going to be that committed to stopping the pass and the play-action, just hand the ball off and make them pay for it.

I imagine that next week, the Seahawks are going to try and take away the run a little more, and the play-action stuff will open back up. Dallas had seen this offense once before, and they bit on the play-action hard in that first game. So, they didn't in the second. The Seahawks haven't seen this offense before, and so, they'll probably bite a little more on the play-action, and some of the outside stuff will open up.

Archived