Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The DeAngelo Hall & Jim Haslett Appreciation Thread

E-Dog Night

ive been one of halls biggest critics. the man played outstanding tonight. excellent job by d hall. cant say enough about him tonight.

I concur. I, too, have been critical of 23. Great game to him and all of the Defense. Thanks Coach for being masterful in beating Dallas tonight!

You guys know I've been on Haslett all season long. He called his ass off today. He blitzed with wreckless abandon and trusted his guys to make plays, and they did. If this was the Haz we always got, I'd like him a lot more. Just a beautiful gameplan, and even when we bent a little bit, he didn't get soft and passive. He bought the heat.

And after D-Hall (arguably) costs us two games by giving up big receptions to Dez Bryant, he absolutely kept Dez Brant in check and played like a man out of his skull.

Hall balled this game. I think he likes the Reffing crew. His 4 Int game against Chicago came with them too. They let people play, and that lets a CB play like a CB used to be able to play. He got away with some things but Dez got away with a lot too. Great game by D Hall

Good game planning by Haz as well. He's done great with second half adjustments all year, dialed up more aggressive play calling the second half of the season, and is smart to show the faith he does in Fletcher.

You guys know I've been on Haslett all season long. He called his ass off today. He blitzed with wreckless abandon and trusted his guys to make plays, and they did. If this was the Haz we always got, I'd like him a lot more. Just a beautiful gameplan, and even when we bent a little bit, he didn't get soft and passive. He bought the heat.

And after D-Hall (arguably) costs us two games by giving up big receptions to Dez Bryant, he absolutely kept Dez Brant in check and played like a man out of his skull.

This post says a lot of good things about you too, NLC. And I am in the same boat as you describe. Haz deserves some serious credit.

Ugh, crow tastes bad. I didn't think he had it in him to call an entire game. I was wrong. Our D is on fire, and as much as it pains me to say it, it is due to great playcalling and trusting in his guys. Great post, and I'm with you bud.

Damn I was proud of DHall tonight. He was allowed to play his kind of physical game tonight thanks to the refs and he outclassed one of, if not, the most physically intimidating receivers in the league at his own game. I'm glad the refs let the players play, but either way DHall played one helluva game tonight. Over this winning streak and definitely tonight, he was not overpaid this year. If we have to restructure his contract then so be it, but if he plays most of next year like he has the second half of this year, he's earning every damn penny and I'll stick to that no matter how many foolish posters want to disagree. If he had come up with that pick in the first half after his own deflection I would have gone ape****!!!!

Meh, crow's not so bad if you put the right seasoning on it and deep fry it.

The best thing is, he called blitzes all night like you said and that was with our rookie Crawford as our #3 corner. We get an experienced guy who has played very well this year in Ced Griffin back next week which cannot be understated. I'm stoked for the playoffs!!!!

This is no longer like 2007 and 2005 where I was hoping we'd get a win and earn our due in the playoffs but I knew we weren't going anywhere. In those cases I was simply glad we made the playoffs. I don't necessarily expect us to win it all but I truly feel this team has as good a chance as any to make some serious noise and throw it's weight around in the playoffs. We are a legit contender, that's for damn sure.

Archived