Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The DeAngelo Hall & Jim Haslett Appreciation Thread

E-Dog Night

You know, I can't think of another Redskin player who has taken more crap this year than Hall, and Haslett easily eclipsed Danny Smith as the most maligned member of the Redskins coaching staff.

But today, both those guys came up big as big can be. For once, I am really happy to be singing their praises, and they both deserve it.

Congrats to the defense!

Hall absolutely mugged Bryant on several of those plays but glad they were non-calls.

This was one of those "letting 'em play" games and Hall figured that out early. Dez was doing his fair share of pushing too so may the best man win. 2012 goes to D-Hall, hands down.

Or hands to the face. :)

Dhaall played his best game thus far this season. he didnt get beat deep, was in Bryant's grill all night, and had tight coverage on whomever he covered. Wilson played a helluva game as well.

Jimmy def dialed up the pressure with the blitzes off the edge. i feel D def kept us in this game more at times when we needed the ball

I agree with this thread. Hall IS the reason we won this game. He played better than I've seen him play and Haslett really schemed in a way we've not seen. I hate Haslett, but today is the sort of game you have to wonder how smart you are for hating him :).

You deserve this one for as much as you've been trashed.

It looked like Hall kept Dez in front of him , willing to give him catches but no big burns. Fortunately, Romo sits to pee and maybe dez not being 100% didn't even net much success in that way, either.

ES often has camps of posters opining on issues that are simply simple-minded and just not all that bright, football-wise. Hall has been one of the focal point of such posting.

He has weaknesses. He makes mistakes. But as I have often posted, he is one of our best defenders overall, for all his flaws. He is very much respected by other players and coaches. His team-mates love him.The hate he's drawn here has often been moronic.

One more time, he merits a fair amount of genuine criticism. Many good players do.

Tonight he merits recognition for playing an important role in our most important victory to date in many years.

Thanks, D Hall. :helmet:

Haslett deservedly received criticism before the bye and I'd stand by any comments I passed on him. He seems to have emerged with a more aggressively mentality second half of the year though and he doesn't have the 'rabbit caught in the headlights' look he did earlier. I've changed my mind on him completely.

DHall was outstanding tonight. He was always going to have to be physical with Bryant but he played it perfectly.

Two guys who totally deserve this thread and many others. I mentioned earlier this week that DeAngelo Hall seems to have Dez Bryant's number but I was still worried considering how well Dez has been playing. Turns out DeAngelo is still the better of the two in that match up, which is great for us and I'm glad Haslett as well as Morris trusted him one on one with him the entire game.

Hall and Haslett props big time! I hate Hall's mouth, but I can appreciate his passion. In a year where our DB core has suffered through injuries and just lack of talent, he has really played well!

As for Haslett, again, I wanted this guy out of here for a while, but to do what he has done in this team with a totally depleted defense, it has been amazing. If there was a defense coach of the year award, I would give it to him with what he has done.

Archived