Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage & Interactive Game Day Thread: 2012 Redskins vs Cowboys (Final)

NoLeafClover

I've been approaching things that way, for over a month.

My focus, since at least Thanksgiving, has been:

Either we win the division,

Or we don't.

I don't even care what happens, when we win the division. If we get blown out in our first playoff game, well, I won't be happy about it. But a week after the game, I'll be a happy fan. I'll have positive memories of this season. And I'll be optimistic about the next one.

My focus, my target, for this team, has been winning the NFCE.

And, up till now, we've done exactly what we should have done. We've put ourselves into a position where whether we achieve that goal, or not, is up to us. We get to chose.

That's the way it should be for real winners.

And not battling officials.....

Per a Rich Tandler tweet....

http://www.realredskins.com/rich-tandlers-real-redsk/2012/12/redskins-cowboys-minute-by-minute-blog.html

Walt Anderson is the referee

-6:20--The referee for tonight’s game will the Walt Anderson, who has been officiating games since 2000 and has been a referee since 2003. His crew officiated last years season ending, winner take all game between the Cowboys and Giants.

The last Redskins game Anderson worked was their 2010 win in Chicago, DeAngelo Hall’s four-interception game.

It seems like his crew lets them play. They have called double digit penalties on one team three times in 12 games this year. They have called five or fewer infractions on a team 13 times (some doubling up there with games where five or fewer called against both teams.

Some reading to kill the time

Am I the only one who doesn't care about any of the other games being played, today?

You are likely one of the very few; however, every one of us should have known that it would come down to tonight's game. And I've got a bad case of butterflies. LET'S GO SKINS!

---------- Post added December-30th-2012 at 02:29 PM ----------

Dear god the giants knocking on the door again just before halftime. :doh:

EDIT: 35-7 Gnats with :04 left in the second. :ols:

TD Lions., before the half beautiful throw by Stafford/. t

---------- Post added December-30th-2012 at 02:32 PM ----------

I don't care about the other games, larry (including the ones that are "supposed to matter") to us. And thanks for that ref info, SWFL.

Jumbo you know I hate blaming it on bad calls and have said as much in the GD threads, but I was relieved to not see Hoc on the tab.

---------- Post added December-30th-2012 at 02:35 PM ----------

BTW if the Bears win the Giants are automatically eliminated for the wild card, so there's that. The Skins win, The Bears win and the Cowboys and the Giants are done. Sounds better than counting on someone else to set your destiny.

It's been way worse for me this year to have a devout (and intelligent) cowboy fan in my circle these days. The problem is I really like the guy and think he's a good man for my niece and her kids, but it really crimps my cowboy hating and having (I feel) to be polite at times when he's being a perfectly reasonable and quite acceptable football fan taking about his team. ****.

It's really bad re: today. It's juts another reason we need to win! Then I can be gracious. :)

Unless Romo sits to pee throws 5 INTs. Then I'll be a little mean.

My nephew is a Cowboys fan and played in HS, we coached flag together and designed plays. He knows his x's and o's. Don't know if I want to talk to him today, lol. He has hung with them since he was a kid, only 23 now. I really like him, but I hope he is miserable today, tonight and tomorrow. hahhaaaaa

That's the way it should be for real winners.

I think if we want to do anything in the playoffs we have to win this game either way. A loss and us still making the playoffs would only serve to postpone the inevitable in my mind. We win... and we go into the playoffs the hottest team in football with the most playoff experience than anyone else since we've been in the playoffs since the bye week. We win, and we go into the playoffs knowing it was all on the line against a division rival on a national stage for the division title and a playoff birth and we won. How much more proof would we then need to be confident moving forward? We could accomplish anything, then, and the players/coaches would need no more evidence.

I think if we want to do anything in the playoffs we have to win this game either way. A loss and us still making the playoffs would only serve to postpone the inevitable in my mind. We win... and we go into the playoffs the hottest team in football with the most playoff experience than anyone else since we've been in the playoffs since the bye week.

Good logic.

I also believe that these past few weeks and the attention that built all week will benefit us. When we get to the point of the season next year when we are playing meaningful games, we have this experience to draw upon.

Lions TD - Lions 17 Bears 20

C'mon Lions!

edit update: Lions are holding the Bears from a blowout so far. Holding Bears to just 2 FG's. 11 minutes to go - Lions 17 Bears 26

Lions are catching up... another TD with 7 minutes to go: Lions 24 - Bears 26

Bears win :mad:

Archived