Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Thom Loverro on ESPN 980: Start Rex if RG3 Can't Go

JMUSkins

Uhhhh...I get upset when I see Rexy talking to RG3 during a game...I don't want him to infect Robert with his mediocrity

Not to single you out CC, and I know you're new and all, but these comments drive me CRAZY. Rex may be turnover prone, but the dude has been a consummate pro the ENTIRE time he's been a Redskin, even when idiotic fans were booing our own. By all accounts, he's been helpful to both rookie QB's by helping them learn in their rookie years, and has accepted his role willingly, when 90% of players put in that position would have been a diva (see one McNabb, Donovan).

So sorry, but that's BS. I love having Rex on this roster, he deserves a lot more credit than he gets. /rant

It sounds like RG3 is going to be playing on Sunday, so this really doesn't matter. But I would be fine with either Rex, or Cousins getting the start.

-For the people that cant stand Rex, that's fine, but keep the hate to yourself. He gave everything he had to our beloved team last year, and it obviously didn't go as planned. But come on guys, he still is a redskin. From interviews that I have seen since RG3 has been here, Griff has had nothing but positive things to say about Rex, and how he has helped his development a lot. He deserves a little more respect..... It still makes me sick that our own Redskins fans booed him as he took the field in the preseason..... It was just wrong!

HTTR

It sounds like RG3 is going to be playing on Sunday, so this really doesn't matter. But I would be fine with either Rex, or Cousins getting the start.

-For the people that cant stand Rex, that's fine, but keep the hate to yourself. He gave everything he had to our beloved team last year, and it obviously didn't go as planned. But come on guys, he still is a redskin. From interviews that I have seen since RG3 has been here, Griff has had nothing but positive things to say about how Rex, and how he has helped his development a lot. He deserves a little more respect..... It still makes me sick that our own Redskins fans booed him as he took the field in the preseason..... It was just wrong!

HTTR

I agree. These guys are out there giving it their all. I'm sure Rex truly wanted to win for this franchise. Hopefully those boos were directed at Shanny and not him... but we all know they weren't.

Look it's obvious, it's been obvious. This should not be a discussion here because it was on the radio. It's on the radio to piss people off. Rex is here for the playbook adaptation of the two young guys. That's all, that's all it will ever be since the draft. The End.

-For the people that cant stand Rex, that's fine, but keep the hate to yourself. He gave everything he had to our beloved team last year, and it obviously didn't go as planned. But come on guys, he still is a redskin. From interviews that I have seen since RG3 has been here, Griff has had nothing but positive things to say about Rex, and how he has helped his development a lot. He deserves a little more respect..... It still makes me sick that our own Redskins fans booed him as he took the field in the preseason..... It was just wrong!

HTTR

----Ummm no comment then. Just keeping it to myself. But I thought this was a discussion board?

He really does have a terrible voice. I can't put my finger on who he sounds like, though. Almost like a 65 year old man with a teenager's voice.... definitely made for newspaper :D

And the more excited he gets about a topic, the higher his voice gets. When he's really on a roll, the pitch gets higher and higher until only dogs can hear him.

----Ummm no comment then. Just keeping it to myself. But I thought this was a discussion board?

Hey man, I just have respect for someone who went to battle every week for the team I love. It was the franchises fault for not having a better option last year. He tried his best, and deserves more than to be booed as he takes the field in preseason. Again, from all accounts that I have heard, he has helped the development of our young QB's a lot behind the scenes. Not to mention being a class act about the situation.....

-Awesome sig by the way. Love me some Zakk wylde. Dude is a legend!!

Whoever can protect the ball should start, and Rex has clearly proven that he's good for 1/2 picks a game. Our game plan against the Browns is going to be to do whatever it takes to get Alfred Morris ROLLING, and throwing picks is the easiest way to ruin a running game/offense in general. Obviously Cousins threw 2 picks against the Falcons, but that was coming in cold against one of the winningest teams in the league. If RGIII can't go, let's see what Cousins can do with a full week of preparation as a potential starter. I guess, when it comes down to it, I know that I can't trust Rex to win a specific game, but I don't know that I can't trust Cousins to at least not lose the game, so I'm going with Cousins.

Hey man, I just have respect for someone who went to battle every week for the team I love. It was the franchises fault for not having a better option last year. He tried his best, and deserves more than to be booed as he takes the field in preseason. Again, from all accounts that I have heard, he has helped the development of our young QB's a lot behind the scenes. Not to mention being a class act about the situation.....

-Awesome sig by the way. Love me some Zakk wylde. Dude is a legend!!

Thanks for the props on the sig. About Rex, I said -no comment. Nothing bad, nothing good. No comment.

No way you start Rex. Although that would be one of the NFLs better con jobs of late :ols:

Nobody would see that coming, for sure. In the end, the best thing for the organization would be to showcase Cousins so you can trade him for a high drat pick. Recoup some of the RG3 cost so you can rebuild your secondary in April. Free Agency is going to be lean yet again so the team is going to have to make due with what it has for the next couple years and Cousins is the teams TOP trade bait potential. Sure you focus on this year, but you also must think forward and his current perceived value is starting to rise.

He was a winner at MSU, you definitely give Cousins the ball and let's see what the kid can do.

Rex should never ever be allowed to suit up in our colors . Should not be allowed to step a foot on any field representing our colors.. Just let the man continue to walk around clipboard and pen in hand. Never again. If so I will be physically nauseous and I haven't felt that way since most of last season. Let the past stay in the damn past.

I don't think it's a bad idea if you're only concerned with winning the game. Rex has experience and wasn't that bad last season. He had a QBR of 43.9 which indicates he's was a little below average last season which would go along with how I feel about him. With that being said I still think Cousins will give us the better chance to win. The Browns would have more stuff to gameplan on against Grossman than against Cousins. Another implication to consider here is the trade value of Kirk Cousins going forward. Let's say he has a fantastic game, it certainly would increase his value in the future if someone wants to trade for him. If I was the GM I would certainly be open to trading a 2nd round pick or higher for Cousins considering our lack of draft picks over the next couple of seasons.

Archived