Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RG3 now #1 rated passer in the NFL

Rypien1191

I'm not sure we can take this seriously. His 15 completions yesterday only went for 246 yards. He throws everything short, or screen passes.

22632933.jpg

But, but, Andrew Luck is 9-4! Never mind that they have yet to play the only contender in their division (Houston) once this season, and got beaten by a Blaine Gabbert-led Jaguars team. :ols:

Alex Smith was performing very well before he was injured and benched. That's why it was such a shock that the Niners threw in so quickly with Kaepernicke.

I suspect that has something to do with RG3 and Wilson's success plus the fact that Kapernick was running similar packages at the start of the year. I also noticed a lot of teams are now running pistol variations. What is wild is that the last time the Redskins spent a successful 1 on a QB from a private Texas school, he to changed the pro game!

When you are leading the entire NFL in rushing yards, and have a RB averaging 5 yards per carry, that might have something to do with it too. :)

True. And it's obviously working. Maybe it's Shanahan knowing how to bring along a young QB.

It's just the one thing I don't like when I look at his stats. The passing yards per game looks pedestrian. But, as with many things in life, it's just one part of the story.

That list is BS. Alex Smith is rated #2.

You're being undeniably dense.

For one, Smith wasn't having a poor year. Two, look at the OTHER names on the list.

All of the top QBs are there, only a few of the elite ones (mainly due to picks like Brees, or erratic play like Mannning) are in the next tier down.

It's not a BS list, it's NFL QB rating. Commonly-used. Get with the times.

BTW, is it BS that Sanchez and John Skelton are near/at the bottom?

You just mad because Luck is so low.

True. And it's obviously working. Maybe it's Shanahan knowing how to bring along a young QB.

It's just the one thing I don't like when I look at his stats. The passing yards per game looks pedestrian. But, as with many things in life, it's just one part of the story.

You can attribute that to the running game and the defense taking away the long ball.

Well, it's not like he's throwing the ball 30+ times a game and his yards per game is low, he just drops back fewer times than many of the other QB's on the list. The fact that he's leading the NFL in yards per attempt should make you unconcerned.

I don't like how low his passing yards/game is. It's not up there with the elite QB's. That would probably be my only gripe. He's otherwise playing amazing well, especially for a rookie, and especially with what he has around him.

The passing yards is a result of us being #1 in rushing yards.

But, but, Andrew Luck is 9-4! Never mind that they have yet to play the only contender in their division (Houston) once this season, and got beaten by a Blaine Gabbert-led Jaguars team. :ols:

Can't wait for that. Indy is going to lose twice to Houston, and end up with the same record as us. And the Colts fans will have nothing to hang their hats on to argue Luck is better.

Whats scary in a good way is imagine what RG3 is going to look like in his prime? Michael Jordan of QBs? We can dream and who knows. We do know for certain that he is is changing the game & at this rate will probably bring us a super bowl in a few years.

People can argue about the QB rating all they want, but it's remarkable to see a rookie do this in his first year with the lack of protection. (Look how many hits he takes after he releases the ball), Even being number 1 for a week or so says something about the QB and his future.

HTTR

Can't wait for that. Indy is going to lose twice to Houston, and end up with the same record as us. And the Colts fans will have nothing to hang their hats on to argue Luck is better.

I can't wait to scoop up money when Denver is only giving 9.5 points to Indy wild card weekend.

Andrew Luck's opponents are 66-90. RGIII's are like 82-73-1. That's about all I need to read when voting for ROTY.

Man, I am glad some one finally brought this up. Don't get me wrong I think very highly of Luck but if he was playing the same schedule as the Skinds do that 9-4 record aint going to hold up. And if we were playing this year Colts schedule it wouldn't be a stretch to say Skins would match their current record or better. :logo:. Honestly I don't care either way who wins the ROY, I prefer RG3 getting the MVP award in the near future.

I consider QBR an imprecise measure that is useful when the difference between QBR is about 10(even then, lots of visual evidence is lost), but to even have a ROOKIE QB who had many doubters about his passing ability leading the league even for just a week is something amazing. Not only that, but the QBR is over 100.

QBR? or passer rating? The list is the traditional NFL rating, I just checked NFL.com to be sure. Griffin is #1 by traditional measures, not the bull**** QBR nonsense that ESPN foists on an unsuspecting public.

QBR? or passer rating? The list is the traditional NFL rating, I just checked NFL.com to be sure. Griffin is #1 by traditional measures, not the bull**** QBR nonsense that ESPN foists on an unsuspecting public.

I think alot of people agree that traditional QB rating isn't perfect, but the fact that ESPNs QBR is too complicated / proprietary for them to be willing to publish exactly how they calculate the stat invalidates it in my opinion....

I think alot of people agree that traditional QB rating isn't perfect, but the fact that ESPNs QBR is too complicated / proprietary for them to be willing to publish exactly how they calculate the stat invalidates it in my opinion....

The formula relies on the grader's judgment on whether a play is considered "clutch" or not, and how "clutch" it is. So, a Luck fan would put a higher "clutch" grade on his 4th quarters than on RG3 dodging all those Giants linemen to complete the pass on 4th and 10 to Paulsen or his TD pass to Moss.

Any grading system that is based (at least in part) on a subjective stat is bunk.

Archived