Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RG3 now #1 rated passer in the NFL

Rypien1191

Especialyy with the intentional grounding call, good thing curt saved him in the end... It feels like we have two good quarterbacks, just wish we could find a way to play them both at the same time

Curt? I think you mean Kirk.

I See others have already picked you up on this. Sorry about pilling on!

Meh.

I was reading on pft and they made it sound like they dead, almo said that he was gonna be a very good quarter back for the redskins... Cant be that if you dont play.. O_O

I believe his quote was he was going to be a very good QB, either with the Redskins or some other team. What is he supposed to say? Ah man Kirk isn't any good like RG3? He realizes Kirk has a chance to be really good but that chance probably won't come in DC.

Make no mistake, the players on this team know who their leader and captain is and the man who has changed this organization from the moment he stepped through the door. They would much rather play with Griffin but obviously, will support Kirk as well, especially if he is good.

Meh.

I was reading on pft and they made it sound like they dead, almo said that he was gonna be a very good quarter back for the redskins... Cant be that if you dont play.. O_O

Okay, maybe I misunderstood what you said.

This is what you typed: "Anyway, the way some team mates are talking about mr kirk, sounds like they'd rather play with him.."

I took that to mean that you thought they would rather play with Cousins than Griffin. I doubt that very much.

If you meant to say that they are hopeful and believe in Kirk, then it would make much more sense.

And the other 4 guys in the top 5 are Brady, Manning, Rodgers, RG3. I don't think anyone would argue those are the top QBs in the league.

It's flawed if Alex Smith (a benched QB) is in the Top 5. Very flawed. Is this just based off of passer/qb rating? I'm assuming so.

Neutralized is the wrong word and too severe IMO, more like diminished. RGIII has proven he has a gun, that would not be completely lost without a back like Morris.

I would agree but the average english speaking person who doesnt necessarily read on a college professor's level, probably gets my point regardless of semantics. I really don't make an effort to edit myself on message boards. Its not like I'm getting a grade for my comments but with that being said I respect your correction. Bottom line is Alfred Morris is more important to the Redskins success this season than what he's getting credit for more so nationally than locally. Sure... you could also argue without RG3 as a threat to keep it on the read option, Morris probably wouldn't be breaking off so many long runs. So their relationship is definitely interdependent when you look at the siituation objectively. The credit for their success should go both ways IMO but I think RG3 needs Alfred Morris more than Morris needs RG3. Yesterday's win against Cleveland doesn't really prove me right on that but I think the Brown's success against Morris was more about their game plan than it was a statement about their run defense. Thank you for your feedback.

---------- Post added December-17th-2012 at 08:17 AM ----------

Your also replacing the worst qb play in the league with a guy the team believes in. They are also playing for chuck pagano, this teams spirit and morale is a complete 180 and this sport is so competitive if your spirit, mind, and morale isn't good you will lose.. Consistently. Peo

---------- Post added December-11th-2012 at 10:34 AM ----------

Your also replacing the worst qb play in the league with a guy the team believes in. They are also playing for chuck pagano, this teams spirit and morale is a complete 180 and this sport is so competitive if your spirit, mind, and morale isn't good you will lose.. Consistently. People want to point to a talent difference.. I would agree but out schedule and division is tougher so that makes up in part and also we have injured take away Reggie Wayne and Dwayne Allen and luck would struggle even more. I have never seen a player of any position receive so much credit while performing at a below average pace (by nfl statistical standards ) it's like a corner that gets tourched all game then comes up with a game changing pick late in the fourth quarter

I agree with all of your points. Luck also gets a lot of exposure and hype because he replaced a legend at QB. The Peyton Manning affect is alive and well in Indy. More than anything else you are right about the "Chuck Strong" affect. Humans perform at a much higher level when they are emotionally engaged in a situation as evidenced by Indy's meteoric rise this season.

I would agree but the average english speaking person who doesnt necessarily read on a college professor's level, probably gets my point regardless of semantics. I really don't make an effort to edit myself on message boards. Its not like I'm getting a grade for my comments but with that being said I respect your correction. Bottom line is Alfred Morris is more important to the Redskins success this season than what he's getting credit for more so nationally than locally. Sure... you could also argue without RG3 as a threat to keep it on the read option, Morris probably wouldn't be breaking off so many long runs. So their relationship is definitely interdependent when you look at the siituation objectively. The credit for their success should go both ways IMO but I think RG3 needs Alfred Morris more than Morris needs RG3. Yesterday's win against Cleveland doesn't really prove me right on that but I think the Brown's success against Morris was more about their game plan than it was a statement about their run defense. Thank you for your feedback.

I agree with you point overall, however I don't think you are looking at the Cleveland game in the right context. I think the Cleveland further demonstrates your point. Without the Browns keying of the run game of Morris they allowed Cousins the needed room to find passing lanes and be successful.

Archived