Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We gotta come up with a nickname for this Redskins offense!

SkinsGuru

It's unique and it's taking the league by storm, captivating both fans and pundits alike. There are plenty of nicknames for college and pro offenses, from lame ones like "West Coast" to more badass ones like "Air Raid." Other popular ones include "Air Coryell," "Run n Shoot," "Fun n Gun," "Spread Option," "Greatest Show on Turf," "Marty Ball," "Wildcat," and many others. The names are marketable and make the schemes more easily recognizable.

Our scheme incorporates the following, among other things: pistol and shotgun formations, zone read options, zone stretch runs, bootlegs, reverses and fake reverses, quick screens and bubble screens. It's characterized by RG3 as a dual threat QB, fast wide receivers, and a bruising runner in Alf. Passing has been effective and efficient, and our rushing numbers have consistently been at or near tops in the league.

So what should we call it? The "Skin You" offense? "Capitol Punishment"? The "Pistol Whip" offense (my fav so far)? The "DCiege" offense?

It has to be short and to the point, yet creative, descriptive, and most importantly... as badass as the offense itself! Go! :logo:

^^ Yes, Boss_Hog said Pistol Whip and it's by far the best name. This thread wasn't really necessary though since the thread that was mentioned in was basically about the same thing. I'm sure the thread starter here didnt notice that thread though. :)

How about "The most intimidating offense in the entire league that has everyone shaking in their boots because RG3 is an amazing talent rarely seen in the NFL and Shanny got a steal on Alfred Morris which means that, if we can get the right pieces in place, we should be contenders for the next decade or so, for which DC is going crazy (and rightfully so) and has given hope for the return to dominance we all remember so well when we were much younger and will make us forget how much we suffered the last 20 years so we can rub it in the face of idiots with NBD, laugh at Philly's empty trophy case, and relish in that ******* Mara's suffering."

or "Pistol Whip"... that's really good, too.

why is everyone in such a hurry to give things and players nicknames? Chill out and let things happen.

I was thinking the same thing. I don't understand why people constantly want to trade away good back-ups & give everything that moves a nickname. Let's just see how things play out.

Quite frankly, I don't think nicknaming should be done by fans. It never sticks when it is.

EDIT: The only nickname that was conceived by fans that I really like was "Area 51" when Sean & Laron were our safeties. It fit & it worked. Nothing since then landed for me.

Archived