Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

HTTR24-7: Andrew Luck- Greatness in GIFs

Lavarleap56

I think those arguing for Luck over Griffin would be better served pointing to Robert's numbers dropping back w/o play-action, or his third and long percentage. I have doubts whether Griffin would fare nearly as well in the Colts system. Of course separating a player from the scheme they run is problematic in and of itself. And we sure as heck got the right guy for our scheme (or maybe the right scheme for our guy).

Well there is a Colt fan who doesn't like Luck's INT either. :D

http://forums.colts.com/index.php?/topic/13104-i-give-up-making-excuses-for-lucks-ints/

I think the winning record of the Colts has put blinders on these so called experts. They are comparing the record from last year to what it is this year. And the better record this year is all because of Luck. All other stats are meaning less to them. It really is sad how they think.

That message board is full of some crazy individuals. One guy says These are some choice gifs lol.. I'm sorry I only put up 14/17 interceptions due to video quality.

I'm tired of this "Robert Griffin doesn't throw deep argument"...

Fact: Robert Griffin III leads the league in TDs over 25 yards with 9.. And he has done that while protecting the football which speaks to his decision making. Aggressive, takes it when its there, stays within the offense.

QBs percentage of passes 15 yards+

Notable QBS Under 20%--

M.Ryan-17.7% 13 Ints, T.Brady- 19.9% 4 Ints, A.Rodgers- 19.8% 8 ints, Romo sits to pee- 19.5% 15 Ints, M.Schaub - 18.4% 9 Ints, P.Manning 19.7% 9 ints, D.Brees 17.95% 16 Ints,

Robert Griffin III- 17.5% 4 Ints... What is wrong with that?

Notable QBS throwing 15 yards+

20%+

Andrew Luck 27.6% - 16 Ints, J.Flacco 26.8% 8 ints, E.Manning 20.8% 11 ints, M.Stafford 21.7% 11 ints, C.Newton 23.6% 10 Ints, J.Freeman 26.0% 8 Ints, R.Wilson 22.7% 8 Ints, J.Locker 20.7% 7 Ints, C.Palmer 20.3% 13 Ints, J.Cutler 24.4% 11 Ints, M.Vick 21.8% 9 Ints, C.Henne 23.2% 3 Ints, P.Rivers 20% 15 Ints, M.Cassel 20.2% 12

looks like a majority of the best QBs in the game know when to go deep and are under 20%. The second group is filled with QBs who make questionable decisions..

I'm tired of this Andrew Luck noise. The Colts went 2-14 last year with a bad quarterback....and went 10-6 the year before with Peyton Manning! 2009, 14 wins. 2008, 12 wins. 2007, 13 wins. It's not like they've been bad for...oh, I don't know, a WHOLE DECADE OR LONGER. They just needed a fairly decent quarterback to replace Manning and didn't have it last year. Curtis Painter? People are so quick to forget that the Colts were a pretty damn good team just two years ago and not a whole hell of a lot has changed, other than who is under center.

Luck is a good QB right now... he'll probably be a great one, no doubt about that. But the idea that he's taken a horrible, God awful team, put it on his back and is taking them to the playoffs is absurd. That team would be in the exact same position last year if they had a good backup.

RG3 has taken a team that has had win totals of 5, 6 and 4 over the previous three seasons and negative point differentials of -79, -75, and -70 in those respective seasons and put them in a position to control their own destiny and get into the playoffs. Moreover, he's allowed an offense that'd be lucky to score 20 points a game to score more than 30 on multiple occasions this season.

Anyone who can't see this doesn't deserve to vote for ROY.

This is great LL.

Does anybody have a GIF or link of our sideline when Alfred got the final 1st down? Wish I could see that...

No view of it from the TV feed.

---------- Post added December-7th-2012 at 04:52 AM ----------

Just for comparisons sake...

2011 Rex Grossman- 13 games - Benched for 3

265/458, 57.9%, 3,151 yards, 6.9 YPA, 16 Tds, 20 Ints, 25 sacks, 72.4 QB Rating

2012 Andrew Luck- 12 games

279/503, 55,5%, 3,599 yards, 7.2 YPA, 17 Tds, 16 Ints, 28 sacks 76.1 QB Rating

I'm not saying Andrew Luck is Rex Grossman so don't get all bent out of shape.. My point is a season that is damn near identical to Grossmans 2011 MVP or ROY worthy when 2 other Rookies are out performing him ?

I think a majority of NFL fans would say hell no.

I especially liked how Luck routinely went to his 3rd or 4th read, sometimes even finding wide open safeties to get the ball to, whereas RG3 is a 1 read, run-first qb. Funny thing is he was intercepted 4 times against Detroit, one, from a 4 yard pass, was called back due to an offsides penalty, and then he threw another interception the next play.

But let's not forget his huge comeback wins against the Titans, Lions, Vikings, and Miami.

Every time I see Luck play I'm impressed and I'm sure LL is too. The excuses people make for him are ridiculous though. He throws too many interceptions, that's just the truth. Add fumbles into the equation and it looks even worse. And another truth is that our pass blocking isn't much better than the Colts', if it is at all. If it wasn't for QBR everyone would think it was crazy to even put him in the OROY conversation.

Every time I see Luck play I'm impressed and I'm sure LL is too. The excuses people make for him are ridiculous though. He throws too many interceptions, that's just the truth. Add fumbles into the equation and it looks even worse. And another truth is that our pass blocking isn't much better than the Colts', if it is at all. If it wasn't for QBR everyone would think it was crazy to even put him in the OROY conversation.

Griffin III is even ahead of Luck on ESPNs QBR.. I hate that metric system btw.

Would I want Andrew Luck as my QB, yea, especially given his upside. Would I rather have RG3 as my QB? **** yes. Especially considering what he does now, and how his play has the opportunity for advancement - STILL. Anyone claiming that Luck has outplayed RG3 this season is a product of a social media thing where we hold each other accountable for what each other says by looking in the past. Analysts have A LOT of stock inside of Andrew Luck based off his previous college years, based off the story of him replacing Peyton Manning, based off him being a number one pick, and based off him not having a whole lot of talent on that team and still winning games.

An interesting observation: If the Patriots blow you out, you deserve it. Because your team is filled with holes. Not every team can execute and derail you like New England can, and Bill sees and exposes a lot of smoke and mirrors.

In the passing game somethings I found interesting was that Luck has thrown 200 more passes than RG3, yet RG3 has only completed 50 fewer passing completions. That's decently staggering seeing as they both aren't shy to throwing underneath. RG3 also gets 1 extra yard per throw but will fall well short of Luck's overall passing yards. Their games are far too different, Luck is your prototype pocket QB with ability to move. RG3 is far more dynamic than any scrambling QB has shown in their rookie season. He has outdone a LOT of mobile QB's by a long shot. His intelligence, accuracy, precision, and decision making make him ELITE. That combined with the coaching is making him develop at a rapid pace. He needs to hold onto his attributes and develop them. Luck is developing a little slower, has a positive TD to INT ratio, he's further along than what you could expect out of a rookie QB by far, and he's doing a great job. In the long run this learning curve will benefit him for years to come it seems.

RG3 on the other hand is really a wild care as far as what he will become. If he does want to play 10 + years in the NFL, he simply needs to adapt as time goes on and get better out of all sorts of passing formations. His legs will always be a threat, and whoever is his OC will be able to throw a LOT at a defense. If RG3 is on the field, it can be easily said that his presence applies THE MOST pressure of ANY player in the entire sport of football. That in itself is magnificent. I look forward to free agency where we are hamstrung by the cap penalty, but will be able to sign who we need to easily with contracts including 2nd year pay raises, along with players wanting to come here simply to play with this young stud QB.

I thought he was good at progressions. It looked like all but two of the INT's he never took his eyes off the primary and was throwing there no mater what. So call me confused

This is not just on the interceptions . It is just generally . The Brazil TD this week . He scrambled which bought Brazil more time but from the snap of the ball to the eventual TD he never turned his head, looking down that one side of the field.

Some of the interceptions if it was not for the defensive backs there would be no one even close to where the ball was aimed .

I do wonder if the coaches would be better to scale back on the offense a little . There were all kinds of concerns about Shanahan ruining RGIII by not adapting his system but the coaches in Indy are likely to inhibit Andrews development if they just simply put him out there and tell him to "keep throwing until we win "

Also I have to say - Those who say RGIIII has a desent run game so his acheivements are somewhat deminished . I have to say this : Alfred Morris is at the end of the day a 6th round rookie . We had no idea he would be this effective - but we knew we needed an effective running game - and so scehemes and running plays were put into the game plan to give him the best chance of making an impact . Hell Shanahan has done this throughout his career - it may not always work but he got excelent production from Royster for a couple of games and Helu and Hightower - But our coahes put a real emphesis on the run . So many think running the ball is somehow - wrong - the Colts for example run the ball 37.2% of the time ... How is any run game going to be established and the runner to find rythm with such low numbers and lack of confidence .

Thanks to LL for putting these GIFs together ..

I am so tired of hearing about Andrew Luck, 13 weeks into the season and I am already completely sick of him.

As if we haven't heard enough about Luck for the past 2 or 3 years.

I'm afraid that is not going to change for the next decade.

My problem is the whole luck is asked to perform more difficult duties. If his skill set allowed Indy to run an offense that wasn't as difficult but could still have the same level of success dont you think they'd do it? Are they trying to make things difficult for him? And I know the response to that point is luck doesnt have the team around him, but I'm calling bologna.

couldn't find it, but there was a thread ont he Colts message board and fans were really frustrated with not the amount of interceptions, but the types of interceptions. I think the sentiment was that he has a little too much Cutler/Bad Farvre mentality ... gun slinger if you will.

This comparison will hopefully end up like the 1984 NBA Draft.

The Colts got Hakeem Olajuwon, a great player who won them a couple titles.

The Skins got Michael Jordan, maybe the best of all time and revolutionized the sport.

Olajuwon, the greatest Yoruba man to ever play American sports. One of my personal favs.

I'm anxious to see how Luck-ers respond to the great collection of Fail-GIFs for their boy. I know one Colts fan who told me that he wished they'd picked RGIII, at least. THis was while he was watching the Cowboys get destroyed on Thanksgiving.

Well, its a shame that these two guys are going to be compared to each other for the rest of their careers because they are so different. But, in all honesty, heres the truth. I think just about every Colts fan has a doubt in their mind that RG3 is better. When you have a 67% completion percentage(RG3) vs Lucks 55% completion percentage and 4 times more the interceptions your going to have doubts. Now, I think a lot of Skins fans may have doubts about our offense too. Dont tell me you dont sometimes worry that our offense is a little "too gimmicky" because you all have to have a doubt now and again. The cool thing about the Redskins and RG3 is, though, that even though we are running a pistol and some read/option, its either going to be 1 of 2 things. Either Kyle Shanahan has revolutionized the game with these pistol and read/option schemes, OR, they will progressively get RG3 into a Pro Style form. Either way, Im not worried. Go look at some of the tape with RG3 under center, or just in regular Shotgun, hes still SPECTACULAR.

Also, Luck is doing great things too. However, I dont want to hear about how awesome he is because he throws for a ton of yards. It took Luck 50 attempts last week to get 391 yards. Rg3 got 311 yards on 28 attempts vs Dallas 2 weeks ago. 15 attempts got him 200 yards vs Philly. I mean give me a break, if they are going to argue something, the yards are not a good argument.

Truth of the matter is both QBs are going to be good, and I hope we have the NFLs version of Bird vs Magic. But, in all honesty, both QBs have a lot of maturing and growing to do. I think after the ROY is over, they will be compared less and we can go back to focus hating NFCE teams, and they can go back to focusing their hate on the AFCS teams. Until then, both sides fans will sit here and debate the other. So be it, but dont take away from what either QB has done.

Luck has made some bad decisions, but hes also done very well.

RG3 has absolutely killed it though. Theres no reason why RG3 shouldnt get ROY.

**By the way, the reason the colts were 2-14 last year wasnt because of the backup QB. It was because the front office and their stupid twitter crazed owner told the team to flop so they could get Luck after week 6 when he knew Manning wasnt coming back. When they were 0-13 and possibly could go winless, he told them to start playing again and they beat the Texans, one of the best teams in football. Give me a break with the 2-14 crap. That team folded on purpose, anyone who watched any of their games last year could see that.

My problem is the whole luck is asked to perform more difficult duties. If his skill set allowed Indy to run an offense that wasn't as difficult but could still have the same level of success dont you think they'd do it? Are they trying to make things difficult for him? And I know the response to that point is luck doesnt have the team around him, but I'm calling bologna.

Part of it IMO is he has good weapons for a strong passing attack, Avery, Hilton, Wayne are all having good years, their young Te's aren't bad either. IMO TY Hilton > Aldrick Robinson. Reggie Wayne > Garcon (maybe that's changing now), Dwayne Allen > Paulson, Coby Fleener > Niles Paul, Avery > Hankerson or Morgan, etc.

Maybe this changes over time -- a healthy Davis and Garcon gives the Skins a similar weapons set IMO. But yeah Luck has some good players to work with in the passing game, so why not fling the ball a lot -- you get a lot of YAC and got deep threats with Avery and Hilton and Wayne is still one of the top WRs in the league. Then you take that against one of the softest schedules in the NFL; Titans twice, Jacksonville twice, the Chiefs, Buffalo, Browns, Jets, Lions. Nice win against the Packers but other than them who have they beat that's really good?

The worst thiing I've seen from Luck is these points here: His O line is playing like all pro's notice on his INT's he's not even under pressure. Also All of his wr have stepped up this season for him. It's rare to see a Colts wr drop the ball, and Reggie Wayne is playing just like an all pro. I guess my point is people haven't seen the worst of Luck, because outside of the Packers he's has only faced cup cake defenses. I want to see him against the Texans defense. They like to hit the QB, and Andrew Luck turns into a puppet when he gets hit. So I'll be watching him real close He's a damn good qb,but RGIII is far away from Luck this season IMO

Here how I see the issue.

People have a hard time accepting that playing QB is more then just passing. Yes, you're reading this correctly. Playing QB is more then just passing.

I readily admit that right now I consider Luck a better passer because of the nature of the Colts passing game. However, as aQB Griffin is far and away having the bigger impact for his offense and his team. Very few agreed with me before the season but I said that the Colts had more skill position talent especially at WR. Alfred Morris has helped bridge the gap somewhat but then Reggie Wayne reminded everyone that he's still a #1 WR and the Colts have had rookie TY Hilton step up. The gap in talent is further extended by unexpected occurances like the Colts OL and their defense surpassing our own.

While Luck benefits from the receiving talent and OL protection and scheme Rob's ability is the driving force behind our scheme and running game and thererfore our play action passing game and our pass protection.

I can't only think of 3 QBs that could do for our offense what Robert does. I can think of a bunch more QBs that could do for the Colts offense what Luck does, and I can think of a bunch that could probably do it better. I think RGIII is the definition of most valueable player.

Archived