Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JPP: Facing Brees will be 'easier' than RG3

RedCapital

I have never seen a fan base put so much stock in what players say...its bizarre really. Giants have backed up their talk PLENTY OF time in the last 5 years....At least when it counts..not regular season games.. In fact I read an article in trhe paper today that some Giants players are pissed that they were too complimentary to RG3 ...Its over the top and they need to get some meanness back.

That's the thing though, this is the Giants, and it's what they do. Seriously, it's like clockwork. They started 6-2, got ****y, dropped two games before their bye, and suddenly got angry. They beat the Packers big time, have a 2 game lead they can extend with a win, but they suddenly felt secure and took their foot off the gas, metaphorically speaking. We come out, and beat them. Now they've got to finish strong.

Last year the same thing happened. They started 6-2, dropped 4 straight, then, realizing they were screwed if they didn't pick up the pace, went 3-1 to finish 9-7 and squeak into the playoffs.

The Giants wear their mentality on their sleeve for the media, and for them mentality is EVERYTHING. That's why their quotes get stock put in them, there's an actual correlation between performance and their mentality. If JPP is going into the Saints game with a lackadaisical attitude, it could really spell doom for their pass rush.

All that being said, I do think JPP and the rest of the team recognize the gravity of the situation. I'm sure he and the rest of the defense knows what to do, and what he said was just in-artfully phrased. Or, at least if they don't it will become readily apparent on Sunday.

All that being said, I do think JPP and the rest of the team recognize the gravity of the situation. I'm sure he and the rest of the defense knows what to do, and what he said was just in-artfully phrased. Or, at least if they don't it will become readily apparent on Sunday.

yea but when you have a Brees that just threw 5 INTs in the last game I would think he would be the last QB they would want to face in his very next game.

That's the thing though, this is the Giants, and it's what they do. Seriously, it's like clockwork. They started 6-2, got ****y, dropped two games before their bye, and suddenly got angry. They beat the Packers big time, have a 2 game lead they can extend with a win, but they suddenly felt secure and took their foot off the gas, metaphorically speaking. We come out, and beat them. Now they've got to finish strong.

Last year the same thing happened. They started 6-2, dropped 4 straight, then, realizing they were screwed if they didn't pick up the pace, went 3-1 to finish 9-7 and squeak into the playoffs.

The Giants wear their mentality on their sleeve for the media, and for them mentality is EVERYTHING. That's why their quotes get stock put in them, there's an actual correlation between performance and their mentality. If JPP is going into the Saints game with a lackadaisical attitude, it could really spell doom for their pass rush.

Great analysis Its very similar to last year.. not taking a THING away from last week because I thought you guys kicked some serious ass in that game. The Giants are banking on finding that emotion... its frustrating as a Giant fan that they cant make it easy....makes me wonder if they are good enough this time around,,they just may not be. Then again at this time year they weren't even a thought for the super bowl and rightly so and look what happened.

---------- Post added December-6th-2012 at 05:24 PM ----------

yea but when you have a Brees that just threw 5 INTs in the last game I would think he would be the last QB they would want to face in his very next game.

excellent point..Brees will be very determined..Saints are also playing desperate..

Just looking at a couple of Saints message boards and they seem to be taking what JPP said pretty magnanimously. Generally not overreacting, some saying they understand what he is probably trying to get across, many of them saying that yeah RG3 is pretty hard to defend against but so is Brees...and not to forget that Brees has put a beat down on the Giants every time he has played them.

Great analysis Its very similar to last year.. not taking a THING away from last week because I thought you guys kicked some serious ass in that game. The Giants are banking on finding that emotion... its frustrating as a Giant fan that they cant make it easy....makes me wonder if they are good enough this time around,,they just may not be. Then again at this time year they weren't even a thought for the super bowl and rightly so and look what happened.

Right, it's a question of whether Coughlin can get them psyched up over the last four games. They weren't able to in 09 and 10, but did last year and got the big one. I think it also happened in '08, they were 11-1 through twelve games, took their foot off the gas, and then suddenly dropped 4 of the next 5, including the divisional playoffs to the 9-6-1 Eagles. It's all going to be on Coughlin to get them motivated.

Man, somebody please show this to Drew Brees. I hope he lights them up on Sunday Night.

I actually think NO will know where JPP is coming from. They experienced dealing with it first hand. Essentially people like what they are familiar and comfortable with and hate change. It's like the Giants need to learn a whole new way of playing defense *just* for us. But as things evolve to the next level, those that are able to succeed the most will soon be imitated and become the new norm.

Right, it's a question of whether Coughlin can get them psyched up over the last four games. They weren't able to in 09 and 10, but did last year and got the big one. I think it also happened in '08, they were 11-1 through twelve games, took their foot off the gas, and then suddenly dropped 4 of the next 5, including the divisional playoffs to the 9-6-1 Eagles. It's all going to be on Coughlin to get them motivated.

Burress shooting himself didnt help in 08. That team was dominant till then. 09 and 10 ..just not good enough. 11 was a true run for the ages. This year? Lightning striking 3 times in the parody world of the NFL is quite unlikely but the new NFL is for teams to get hot very late and run the table. Question is did you guys start this hot streak too soon? Another prediction Atlanta loses ..they are like a candle that is burning out. Same for the texans..I'd bet we dont see either in the Supe.

what are the odds JPP will demand to be traded to the skins, at the seasons conclusion?

I guess we'd take him, but he's a 4-3 DE through and through, too small for 3-4 DE, and I don't know how good he'd be as an 4-3 OLB, he might be too big.

I know it's all a joke, but how funny would it be to see a headline "JPP demands trade to Redskins, Redskins politely decline."

... I think the offense is so in sync and complex right now that other teams simply can't comprehend it. RGIII and Morris are so perfectly in sync that they can snap the ball and choose, after the ball is in Morris' gut, whether or not to run or fake it. That very concept probably boggles the minds of most people, I mean, can you see Schaub and Foster doing that? Or Flacco and Rice? Or Manning and Bradshaw? That concept is a recipe for 3+ fumbles a game, but we're doing it constantly, and it works beautifully. Linebackers rush the line? Pull it back in and toss it across the middle. They stay in coverage? Hand it off and Morris is home free to the 2nd level. ...
Okay. Hypothetical situation here (just curious): What happens to our offense if Morris gets injured and can't play?

this year, i can tolerate royster. but next year, if alfred gets hurt, and helu is 100%, i can't even imagine.

---------- Post added December-6th-2012 at 08:03 PM ----------

i could only imagine next year when helu is at 100% using him in a full house pistol formation. rg3 between te/fb and helu with alfred behind him, how in the world are you going to defend that?

He has a point, JPP looked gassed out there on monday and brees will not be escaping contain like RGIII did all game long.

Yeah he looked like he was about to blow chunks in the 4th when he got to the sidelines

---------- Post added December-6th-2012 at 08:13 PM ----------

this year, i can tolerate royster. but next year, if alfred gets hurt, and helu is 100%, i can't even imagine.

i could only imagine next year when helu is at 100% using him in a full house pistol formation. rg3 between te/fb and helu with alfred behind him, how in the world are you going to defend that?

I've been saying that if he works on his vision, and nabs that #2 spot behind Morris next year, those huge holes that Morris gets for like 15-20 yds will be TD's for Helu.

And we'll see if we don't seek out a blue chip receiver for RG3 in the offseason as well. I can picture Snyder pushing hard for that.

Because they respect him.

I said this in two other threads, I'll say it in here too. Anybody saying things like this about Andrew Luck this year?

They aren't but I think he's definitely deserving of more praise. He's gonna be really, really good. Seems a lot like Manning in his first year with those interceptions.

That, and I don't think a lot of people here are going out of their way to see all the things being said about Luck.

Archived