Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Who To Root For/Against Thread

kleese

After watching the Seahawks game today, I'm beginning to think it might be more likely for the Bears to poop the bed.

If the Bears lose to the Packers next week (and they usually always do), Vikings and Rams lose 1 more game (I seriously can't see either going 3 straight), and we beat the Eagles and Cowboys... we're in the playoffs.

Somebody was saying a Packers loss puts us in the drivers seat. Not sure if that is right, can anybody verify?

If so, goooooooooo Lions.

If the Packers lose tonight and we win next week, we will have the edge in tiebreakers against the loser of Bears-Packers next week.

:toilet:

The Panthers win over the Falcons today might have been the most important outcome of all. Now, it stands to reason that Atlanta will be focused and prepared for the Giants. Doesn't guarantee them anything of course, but at least it won't be a scenerio where the Falcons are unmotivated.

Yah it seems like the falcons were just kinda coasting...outside of wanting some revenge for last year I think they'll really try to bring it to the giants next week. Ryan should carve up the Giant's secondary. I think green bay probably has a better shot against the bears since they seem to be falling off the map again. Seattle is traveling to toronto I think for the bills game...Their victory today has to be considered a little flukish...there aren't many offenses in the NFL as inept as the cardinals right now. I think seattle prolly wins that one but loses against san fran at home.

The Panthers win over the Falcons today might have been the most important outcome of all. Now, it stands to reason that Atlanta will be focused and prepared for the Giants. Doesn't guarantee them anything of course, but at least it won't be a scenerio where the Falcons are unmotivated.

I agree, the 49ers are nipping at their heels now for home-field throughout so Atlanta can't really afford another loss. That, and they will be motivated at home against the team that embarrassed them last year in the playoffs. They have to have a chip on their shoulder and want to prove they can step up and beat one of these battle tested playoff teams from the past few seasons.

Big F.U. to the Bears losing last week to the Seahawks and an even bigger F.U. to the Packers/Saints both of whom laid down against the Giants.

Seahawks beating the Bears last week is actually helping us a lot right now. Like a lot of people have said, if the Bears lose to Green Bay, which is very likely, and we take care of business, then we have that six seed.

If the Packers win just 2... 11 wins. If the Bears win their next 3... 11 wins. If the Seahawks win their next 3... 11 wins.

If the Packers lose to the Bears and Titans in weeks 15 & 16, and then beat the Vikings in week17, then the Packers would take the tiebreaker at 10-6. We didn't play them, we'd both be 8-4 against the NFC, but they would have beat the Vikings twice, the Rams & Saints once each and lost to Giants, making them 4-1 against our common opponents. We went 3-2 in those games.

So, provided it's the right one Packets need only 1 win to stay ahead of us.

You sure about that last one? Their current conference record is the same as ours (6-4), and Buffalo is an AFC team, the last on their schedule. Do we beat out Seattle on other tie breaks?

Seahawks beat Panthers, Cowboys, Vikings, and lost to the rams, with another Rams game pending, So, they're 3-1 against opponents we have in common with them, and we if we won out we would be 3-2. So, a Seahawks loss to the Bills would not make us control our own destiny.

Seahawks beat Panthers, Cowboys, Vikings, and lost to the rams, with another Rams game pending, So, they're 3-1 against opponents we have in common with them, and we if we won out we would be 3-2. So, a Seahawks loss to the Bills would not make us control our own destiny.
That's what I suspected. Oh well, if they lose to SF the following week, that'll hurt their conference record. If we win out, we'd then beat them out.

I think I should've posted my post here, LOL:

Let's see:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/standings/_/type/playoffs/sort/conferenceRank/order/false

2. 49ers: 9-3-1- @ NE, @Seattle, Arizona- odds are they win at least one more to finish 10-5-1.

3. Packers: 9-4- @Chicago, Titans, @ Vikings- they should win at least 2 more games, including against the Bears. They should finish 11-5.

4. Giants: 8-5- @Falcons, @ Ravens, Eagles-- They will win at least 1 more, maybe 2. Say they finish 10-6. If they lose 2 and we win 2, then we should be in.

5. Seattle: 8-5- @Bills, 49ers, Rams. Sadly, I think they win all 3 games on their schedule. 11-5.

6. Chicago: 8-5- Packers, @ Cards, @Lions. They will lose against Green Bay and beat Arizona. Detroit is a tossup.

7. Skins: 7-6. -- @ Cleveland, @ Philly, Dallas. We should at least finish 9-7.

We need to have the same record as the Giants and/or Bears- which we would probably win on tiebreakers or have a better record than those 2. We really need the Giants and/or the Bears to lose 2 out of the next 3 games and for us to win 2 out of the next 3 games or win all 3. Giants seem to play good every other week; so there's a chance for 2 more losses for them. Bears have lost 4 out 5 and are imploding. Alas, the Bears face 2 more imploding teams to finish the season.

It will be nice in the future to go into the final month with the team in a commanding position and instead of just fighting for a wild card, for us to be fighting for hoemfield or a playoff bye.

Archived