Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Garcon situation shaping up to be Coles 2.0?

NoCalMike

Whoa dere man...

Now that's a knee jerk reaction lol

Not really knee jerk at all. Orakpo got hurt and I don't want him cut. Carriker gets hurt and I don't want him cut.

What I am sick and tired of is a player who's only contribution to the team is IR time and being inactive.

Jamal Brown is famous for being hurt, not for ACTUALLY playing. Garcon has been hurt since the first drive of the first game.

If he can't go then he can't, but DAMN man put him on IR already and get our defense some help.

Not really knee jerk at all. Orakpo got hurt and I don't want him cut. Carriker gets hurt and I don't want him cut.

What I am sick and tired of is a player who's only contribution to the team is IR time and being inactive.

Jamal Brown is famous for being hurt, not for ACTUALLY playing. Garcon has been hurt since the first drive of the first game.

If he can't go then he can't, but DAMN man put him on IR already and get our defense some help.

yeah that's cool but cutting him is crazy

At least give him another year to rehab. Plus, you can't just cut guys with big contracts like that

Garcon isn't playing this year. I think we need to come to grips with that. Robert will be continuing to throw to Paulson, Hankerson and Morgan. And people wonder why Luck is winning games. Wayne, Avery, Hilton? Give me one of those guys...Hilton is the #3 on Indy and he's got more yards than our leading receiver Hankerson lol.

Coles put up 2000 yards for us in 2 years.

Garcon has 150 or so, he's got a ways to go to catch up to Coles.

Was just about to post this.

Coles gave us two very good years, then we traded him in for a younger model in Moss who has given us an excellent career.

I like Garcon but he's nowhere near that level. I'd actually be quite happy if he turned out to be as good as Coles.

Garcon is more of a Jordy Nelson, bull type of receiver. He would have put up decent numbers but he still needs some talent around him to be truly effective. I doubt he would have made a great difference in our record, but he definitely wouldn't have hurt. I hope Hankerson or Robinson makes some huge strides these last 7 games.

Don't forget, Coles was a complete malcontent who eventually brought us Moss, hard to be mad about that. I'm looking forward to Garcon playing again later in the season or next year. It's obvious that he and RG3 had some really good chemistry. I'd like to see it play out, if only to build on 2013, if he's capable of playing again this season rather than just dumping him on IR. Morgan is starting to step up a bit, Hankerson still leaves a lot to be desired and the Davis loss was crushing. That's why I'd hold out hope for PG to play again this season, if at all possible.

HTTR.

I was one of Garcon's biggest critics in the offseason, but he isn't getting a fair shake and he will be a productive player for us. The first game he every played for us he housed a 77 yard slant for a TD and then left instantly after that, last time we did that was sometime in the 80s. He has not been right since the first quarter of week 1, although he showed in preseason and week 1 that the talent is there. It just seems like the football gods decided to strike our team with crucial injuries for some reason. If the injury reappears next year and lingers, then we have a problem. Garcon is better than Coles ever was, and Garcon has all the talent in the world.

We should just IR him, stash him for next year and let him heal up for next year. Him being here won't make us win 7 straight, all his presence will do is make the game a little more watchable until the defense decides to blow it for us.

Not trying to pick a fight....however....you sure are doing a piss poor job of not being a "debbie downer" on the guy. You stated he has a "boo boo" (sarcasm noted) and his success was virtue of everyone else around him being good.

I think it's obvious what you think.

Yea, at times I do have a track record of doing piss-poor jobs at something. Now, i've always heard and called it 'bo-bo', and you say 'boo-boo'.

I don't see Garcon being a #1 receiver when healthy; a good #2, maybe, and as of today with the other receivers being sub-par, yea he would be considered #1 for that reason alone. I don't 'hate' the guy, I'm more pissed about the overall receiver success, or lack thereof, in recent history, or maybe in the choices of receivers brought in. The money Garcon got to come here IMO wasn't worth it, then he goes down with his toe injury. Josh Morgan, Brandon Lloyd, and others have been paid good to come here, and failed; maybe its past history lurking in the back of my mind, but it flat out sucks that receivers come here and for a variety of reasons, end up not being worth the money, and Garcon's case IMO is starting to reflect this.

I hope I am wrong and will be very happy to be wrong, but damn...

At this point the seasons awash. Garcon should do what's best to get healthy and be as close to a 100% as he can next season.

It would be nice for him to get some playing time with Griffin but not at the expense of aggrivating his injury and having a chronic problem. Pierre is under contract for four more years let's try to get the best out of him while he's here.

This is an insult to Coles. I thought LavC gave everything on the field. He was a decent pro when he left here as well. He didn't have the impact Moss had for us for sure but I think the FO really mishandled his situation. If In hindsight this is another example of our training staff mishandling an injury.

Garcon's situation is unique. The Redskins claim he could play if he could take the pain, but who knows if they know that for sure given their injury management history and the fact that they misdiagnosed him. I think Garcon is doing the right thing by listening to his body and seeing other experts.

This is an insult to Coles. I thought LavC gave everything on the field. He was a decent pro when he left here as well. He didn't have the impact Moss had for us for sure but I think the FO really mishandled his situation. If In hindsight this is another example of our training staff mishandling an injury.

Garcon's situation is unique. The Redskins claim he could play if he could take the pain, but who knows if they know that for sure given their injury management history and the fact that they misdiagnosed him. I think Garcon is doing the right thing by listening to his body and seeing other experts.

Coles was a beast for us....I dont know where ppl get the idea that he was worthless.

A WR with a bum toe seems dicey. I hope whatever the resolution is, I hope when he does come back "100%", it doesn't just mean he's just pain-free. I'd hate to get to the other side and find out he's lost a step or some explosion.

I'm concerned for the first time after reading some of the comments coming out of practice today. One of the tweets from ESPN980 stated that Garcon might have to "live with this pain for the rest of his career"...yikes.

Coles was a beast for us....I dont know where ppl get the idea that he was worthless.

because anything else is revisionist history. The guy was ok. Nothing personal against him, but he wasn't as good as people remember him here. I remember nobody being terribly upset when the trade went down for Moss.

He and docs damn better ****ing get it fixed up RIGHT or else that foot will be a career debilitator for the rest of his career. If that plantar plate tear results in a misaligned toe or whatever other complications that'll make you squirm once you see it (i.e Deion Sanders toe pic), Garcon is wasted money. Forget about this season and have him back to as close as 100% as we can get.

---------- Post added November-12th-2012 at 04:13 PM ----------

http://www.footankleinstitute.com/index.php/?page=plantar-plate-tear/

I thought we were crazy to sign Garcon for as much as we did, no way he's earned that contract imo. I haven't quit on him yet though. I think I'm like most people, I want to see more. Coles had an attitude problem as well which I hope Garcon doesn't have

I'm still surprised the Redskins (Mike Shanahan) had the stones to actually tell the media that Garcon could play if he could tolerate the pain. The guy has a torn plantar plate in his foot that was diagnosed at the end of October. Makes you wonder why the Redskins didn't know this earlier and why he was allowed to practice on it.

Archived