Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What Winners did Shanny bring here to DC?

skinfan2k

Vinny tried bringing in proven players with success.

Deion won SB's.

Trotter went to NFC Championships with the Eagles.

Randle El won a SB in Pittsburgh.

I'm sure there are more...

Is that you, Cerato?

HA! Some guys were winners in their earlier days, but some had lost that hunger. I think Deion wanted to win, but putting in the time to stay awesome wasn't his MO. Trotter was a system MLB at Philly.

I think we've got some young, good players at a couple of key positions, but we need more and we need better coaching... not saying new coaches necessarily (although it might not hurt), but better play-calling on offense and defense.

That's silly logic. Everyone at one point has not won. I don't think the Packers had a single player with a Super Bowl ring before they won it all in 2010. Same with the Giants in 2007.

Good players will win. We don't have enough good players. Simple as that.

Agree, we don't have enough game changers on both sides of the ball.

I think the term "winner" is stupid.

One question is this though: Who are Shanahan's "guys?"

The thing I always found interesting about Parcells is that when he took his show to a new team, he would immediately sign three or four players from one of his old stomping grounds. Dave Megget. Brian Cox, Jumbo Elliot. There are others I'm forgetting. These guys seemed to serve the role of leader, informer, and sounding board for Parcells. Did Shanny bring any "guys" in? Does he have any "guys?"

I think the term "winner" is stupid.

One question is this though: Who are Shanahan's "guys?"

The thing I always found interesting about Parcells is that when he took his show to a new team' date=' he would immediately sign three or four players from one of his old stomping grounds. Dave Megget. Brian Cox, Jumbo Elliot. There are others I'm forgetting. These guys seemed to serve the role of leader, informer, and sounding board for Parcells. Did Shanny bring any "guys" in? Does he have any "guys?"[/quote']

I like this. He brought those guys in to show the rest of the team the "Parcells way." I don't think we have any Broncos player from his last 3 years in Denver. I'm not sure any of them are still in the league.

I don't agree with the idea that we have to go get some players that were "winners". For one if they were a crucial enough component of the team they won with they would still be there, or would have cost us a fortune. Two, just because you were part of a winning team doesn't mean you were part of the formula that caused the team to be a winner.

Instead for me I want Mike to bring in players that are hungry for wins. Who are ready to go out there like a Jerry Rice and give up everything they have on the field each week. Show up early, leave late kind of guys. Espically in our leaders. The better question for this thread would have been do we have folks like that now. My answer for the most part would have to be no, we don't. With the exception of Robert, and Alfred we seem to have no one with any excitement at all. And no I don't consider some hot headed actions after plays are done to be excitement. I want guys out there trying to pump each other up. Offensive guys cheering on the Defense, not sitting on the bench down trodden, looking like someone just stole their ice cream. That above and beyond all else is one of the biggest things we are missing as an NFL club. Well that and a defense that could even manage to stop a pop warner team.

To add to the sentiment posters have expressed about the quality and cost of players that leave SB winning teams, how many guys have we seen go to or even win a SB and then leave their team for a big contract only to disappoint?

Dexter Jackson? Antwan Randel-El? David Givens? David Patten? Deon Branch?

this is a weird thread ... how does this matter at all?

Harbaugh is whooping larges amounts of ass and he took over a roster with ALL losers

Mike Smith took over a team with no winners, all he's done is whoop ass.

Hell, Belichek brought over Moss, Welker, Corey Dillon ... all non-winners, how did they do? not bad.

Don't know about winners but when it comes to playmakers I would say half of the "playmakers" are Vinny guys. Maybe can add Paulsen to the list if he keeps it up

Shanny:

RG3

Kerrigan

Alfred Morris

Trent Williams

Vinny:

Fred Davis

London Fletcher

Orakpo

Hall (When his head is screwed on right)

I apologize for being born a year our last sb

Being a bad fan has nothing to do with age.

---------- Post added November-6th-2012 at 04:32 PM ----------

Don't know about winners but when it comes to playmakers I would say half of the "playmakers" are Vinny guys. Maybe can add Paulsen to the list if he keeps it up

Shanny:

RG3

Kerrigan

Alfred Morris

Trent Williams

Vinny:

Fred Davis

London Fletcher

Orakpo

Hall (When his head is screwed on right)

Fletcher is done. Hall is crap and gives up more plays than he makes. ANYONE would have picked Orakpo.

In the last twenty years 46.12% of all the NFL regular season games were decided by 7 or less points and 23.59% of the football games were decided by 3 or less.

For Shanahan's Redskins specifically if you count the potential for an 8 point play something like 62% of our losses are one-possession games. 17 of 27 since 2010.

I apologize for being born a year after our last sb lol

You've cursed us all!!! :)

I think the premise of this thread is a little silly. The biggest problem is that they have to learn how to win wearing the B&G. Changing the culture is a really difficult task, and I still firmly believe that Shanny will figure out a way to get it done.

this is a weird thread ... how does this matter at all?

Harbaugh is whooping larges amounts of ass and he took over a roster with ALL losers

Mike Smith took over a team with no winners, all he's done is whoop ass.

Hell, Belichek brought over Moss, Welker, Corey Dillon ... all non-winners, how did they do? not bad.

Don't you dare bring reason in to this thread.

angry-face-1wrblt4.jpg

---------- Post added November-6th-2012 at 04:48 PM ----------

I guess i may have strayed away from what i was thinking which was that shanny didn't bring any of his guys in and after three years we still haven't been able to win close games.

Lichtensteiger, Polumbus, Torain?

Most of Shanahan's former guys were too good to be available.

Archived