Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage & Interactive Game Day Thread: 2012 Redskins vs Panthers (Final)

NoLeafClover

Banks has big return possibilities with a good special teams which we don't have. Right now he just takes a roster spot. For who, I don't really know. E injuries have been bad but we can only use that excuse for so many years. All teams have injuries. They keep playing, and some keep winning. We just use it as an excuse for why we lose. Like I've said before, a lot on this team play for a paycheck, not to win. I'm sure they all want to, but when it gets hard you can see the level of I don't care all over the field. I'm not in the locker room, but it just doesn't seem like anyone really want to win except the new guys. If that's the case no wonder they don't. They all say the right things, but actions really do speak louder than words in this game. This teams actions say give me my check, forget about our record.

Please.

Again, look at the plays that he made *by himself* out there. He ran for a touchdown and threw for a touchdown in the SAME DRIVE. Neither of which counted because everyone around him quit. His escapes from our swiss cheese offensive line were Houdini-esque.

Sorry, I see where you're coming from, but you put RGIII's performance today with a real team, and he's the one breaking records.

So true, we are wasting the kids efforts week after week.

Get Sean Payton..Imagine what he did with Drew Brees.

Would be prefect for Rg3. Sorry but Shanahan and son are not cutting it.

This would mean new coaches on both sides but this is what's needed!

What hurts the most is next year No 1st round picks next two years and salary cap penalty this team is going to be bad for a while.

So who will be on here tonight saying NEXT YEAR when we get all of our injured players back that we will be a right tackle, a safety and yet another wide receiver and we will be competing in the playoffs. The rest of the NFL is laughing at you. What you have here is a poorly coached team with little talent. You are going to have injuries so you need depth. The coach has led us to believe all summer and fall that the depth of this team is far above what it has been in past years. In the NFL, you are measured by wins and losses. Couple that with statistically being one of the worse defenses in the NFL, the coach can simply not make that case any longer. So you say look to the future. Well that does not look any better either. You will have another year where you have 18 million less in cap that the teams you are competing (I use that term loosely) 36 million total over the last two years. What you will end up with in free agency is exactly what we got this year. A bunch of guys who are beyond their prime in their career and who have been released by their former team because those teams have replacements who are better. They will end up on this team because of cap constraints and either their lack of talent will show up, character issues will show up, or they will not be able to get on the field because of being injury prone. Look at who we signed this past off season and you find all of that. So we know we have all of those weaknesses and what does the front office do. They go and package a bunch of their picks so they can draft a flashy quarterback. Now don't get me wrong, I love RG III but this team was simply not in a position to give up those picks for one guy. Love to watch the guy play but in terms of wins and losses nothing has changed. If you combine that with a franchise (i use the word franchise instead of team because this has been going on for 20 plus years now) that does not know how to play team football meaning all three units contributing to get a win, and who does not know how to win this is not going to get better anytime soon. My prediction is that we probably will see another coaching change and RG 3 may very likely be beyond his prime before there is enough of a team built around him to compete in the NFC east. I will be interested to hear others thoughts.

This is disturbing.

Grant Paulsen ‏@granthpaulsen

Mike Shanahan admits that the #Redskins are now in player-evaluation mode moving forward this season.

Isn't the pre-season supposed to be for evaluating talent? If the talent you have on your team made the final cuts and NOW you have to re-evaluate it, you have failed in your job.

Isn't the pre-season supposed to be for evaluating talent? If the talent you have on your team made the final cuts and NOW you have to re-evaluate it, you have failed in your job.

That's what I'm saying. The head coach just exposed that he doesn't have a ****ing clue and it's sad.

I hope we're in "evaluating potential coaches" mode at this point. Shanny can shove it. His act around here is as old as he is.

You'd think they'd use Briscoe in the redzone. Just mind boggling.

You'd think we'd try Crawford, Briscoe, Moss, Cooley, SOMETHING. Its like we know our team sucks yet we still never try to see if someone sitting on the bench could help. Hopefully by "player evaluation" he means he'll try other players.

So who will be on here tonight saying NEXT YEAR when we get all of our injured players back that we will be a right tackle, a safety and yet another wide receiver and we will be competing in the playoffs. The rest of the NFL is laughing at you. What you have here is a poorly coached team with little talent. You are going to have injuries so you need depth. The coach has led us to believe all summer and fall that the depth of this team is far above what it has been in past years. In the NFL, you are measured by wins and losses. Couple that with statistically being one of the worse defenses in the NFL, the coach can simply not make that case any longer. So you say look to the future. Well that does not look any better either. You will have another year where you have 18 million less in cap that the teams you are competing (I use that term loosely) 36 million total over the last two years. What you will end up with in free agency is exactly what we got this year. A bunch of guys who are beyond their prime in their career and who have been released by their former team because those teams have replacements who are better. They will end up on this team because of cap constraints and either their lack of talent will show up, character issues will show up, or they will not be able to get on the field because of being injury prone. Look at who we signed this past off season and you find all of that. So we know we have all of those weaknesses and what does the front office do. They go and package a bunch of their picks so they can draft a flashy quarterback. Now don't get me wrong, I love RG III but this team was simply not in a position to give up those picks for one guy. Love to watch the guy play but in terms of wins and losses nothing has changed. If you combine that with a franchise (i use the word franchise instead of team because this has been going on for 20 plus years now) that does not know how to play team football meaning all three units contributing to get a win, and who does not know how to win this is not going to get better anytime soon. My prediction is that we probably will see another coaching change and RG 3 may very likely be beyond his prime before there is enough of a team built around him to compete in the NFC east. I will be interested to hear others thoughts.

Meh, nevermind.

Get Sean Payton..Imagine what he did with Drew Brees.

Would be prefect for Rg3. Sorry but Shanahan and son are not cutting it.

This would mean new coaches on both sides but this is what's needed!

What hurts the most is next year No 1st round picks next two years and salary cap penalty this team is going to be bad for a while.

THIS!!! Payton or Gruden, maybe even Cowher. Somebody who isnt afraid to put his foot up these guys rear ends. Mike Shanahan isnt cutting it and his son, Kyle is just pulling plays out of his rear end with no real plan. Haslett is horrible! Danny Smith is horrible! Starting to see where I'm going with this????

I'm really confused how, in the preseason, people predicted this team to win maybe 7 or 8 games with everyone on the current roster, yet were excited because we had a franchise QB.

Well, here we are at 3-6 without several of our key players and a star rookie QB and it's time to fire everyone.

When it's all said and done, the Redskins will finish with around the same number of wins as half or more of you predicted them to finish with in the first place (5-8).

Injuries do matter in the NFL. It's not unheard of for a season to be lost because of massive injuries. I don't think I can recall a Redskins team with this many major injuries to key players, ever. Garcon was a beast in the preseason and week 1. Davis was playing like a beast until he went down. We have played an entire season without half of our projected defensive starters.

It's not time to fire everyone because we are 3-6 or because we have a lot of injuries. People are question the coaching staff because they are doing a horrible job of getting the team prepared for games. Horrible play calling, horrible personnel packages, lies about how good our depth is, and the inability to make adjustments in the game. Every team has injuries, every team makes mistakes. This team is unlike any team I have ever watched. All of these failings lead to an apathetic team on the field. Why should they care, if they have no faith in the coaches. It is showing up more and more every week.

Injuries do matter in the NFL. Depth and coaching can overcome a lot of that. Look at the Packers a couple of years ago, they had something like 13 starters out and still won the SB. Not saying we will (or still can) win the SB, with our injuries, just that it can be managed by good coaching and good preparation. Something this team seems to be in dire need of.

It's not time to fire everyone because we are 3-6 or because we have a lot of injuries. People are question the coaching staff because they are doing a horrible job of getting the team prepared for games. Horrible play calling, horrible personnel packages, lies about how good our depth is, and the inability to make adjustments in the game. Every team has injuries, every team makes mistakes. This team is unlike any team I have ever watched. All of these failings lead to an apathetic team on the field. Why should they care, if they have no faith in the coaches. It is showing up more and more every week.

Injuries do matter in the NFL. Depth and coaching can overcome a lot of that. Look at the Packers a couple of years ago, they had something like 13 starters out and still won the SB. Not saying we will (or still can) win the SB, with our injuries, just that it can be managed by good coaching and good preparation. Something this team seems to be in dire need of.

Fair enough. I just think Shanny has had some terrible luck this year. The cap penalty and massive injuries to key players. Neither of those two are his fault and are a big reason we are struggling.

Unfortunatlely the Skins have too many holes to plug up and other teams see where are holes are each game. Its very disappointing this team has so much trouble winning home games too. Opposing coaches are figuring out Shanny junior and his play calling too. Briscoe should be used in the red zone area. Hope RGIII does not get discouraged.

Fair enough. I just think Shanny has had some terrible luck this year. The cap penalty and massive injuries to key players. Neither of those two are his fault and are a big reason we are struggling.

I definitely agree with you on this. But, every year we have another excuse why we don't win. It just gets old hearing the coaches say the same thing over and over. It starts and ends with them, they need to figure a way to deal with the problems. Our O-line has been a problem for years, but, we seemed to focus more on the D for all those years. Look what that has gotten us? Just about the worst D in the league.

Referee Car Cheffers: "The line judge blew the whistle.. We just felt when the whistle blew, the player would have already scored a TD.

Umm....WTF? Are you kidding me? THAT is the explanation? THAT is the justification? Wow, just ridiculous. This is a PRIME EXAMPLE of making up the rules as you go along in order to cover a mistake. Just.....wow.

These rules the refs "make up" are momentum killing, score changing, crucial calls that kill the little hope this team had.

Heck they just let a Giants RB crawl into the end zone again. These refs are mighty strange IMO.... Oh and Goodell is attending the Steeler vs GIANTS game today, I guess him and Mara are on a Sunday night date.

I'm very disappointed in my Redskins today. That's all I have to say. I can't describe anymore how I feel about this season.

I wish their were signs we could turn this thing around, but chances are we're screwed. I guess it's time to just wait for next season, and watch to see more progress.

These rules the refs "make up" are momentum killing, score changing, crucial calls that kill the little hope this team had.

Heck they just let a Giants RB crawl into the end zone again. These refs are mighty strange IMO.... Oh and Goodell is attending the Steeler vs GIANTS game today, I guess him and Mara are on a Sunday night date.

Referee Car Cheffers: "The line judge blew the whistle.. We just felt when the whistle blew, the player would have already scored a TD.

Umm....WTF? Are you kidding me? THAT is the explanation? THAT is the justification? Wow, just ridiculous. This is a PRIME EXAMPLE of making up the rules as you go along in order to cover a mistake. Just.....wow.

Agree.........

Just wow...

So DeAngelo Williams was mad that this was called a homecoming game, they just played a clip on the radio with him whining about it :ols:

wow

In fairness, homecoming games (HS/College) are usually scheduled against teams that you think you have a fairly easy chance of beating. Skins are really in no position to think they have an upperhand over anyone in the NFL.

---------- Post added November-4th-2012 at 05:46 PM ----------

Bruh, there's a good reason why Goodell is in NY for the game.

Archived