Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage & Interactive Game Day Thread: 2012 Redskins vs Panthers (Final)

NoLeafClover

9-7? 9-7?? What team have you been watching? So, this 3-6 team, which can't put points on the board, stop anyone on defense or make plays on special teams is going to go on a tear and close out the season 6-1? Yeah, sure.

Yep. This is a 4-12 team. And it makes me mad, because it proves the chumps in the media right, despite all I was hoping when the season started.

The bye week needs to accomplish this:

1. Shanahan needs to let Haslett go and hire an interim.

2. Secondary and defense rest up and get used to the D coordinator as well as practice.

3. Kyle and Mike need to go on how to make adjustments for the defense and start getting ready to call real plays and admit their red zone play call mistakes.

4. Get the WRs on the jugs machines.

5. Rest up and stay focused.

6. And almost most importantly, regroup morale and stay focused.

I don't want a higher 2nd round pick.

I don't want to be in the basement again.

I want to be 8-8 and show improvements and give the fans hope.

I don't want us to waste RG3's immense talent.

I don't want to cut a coach's contract early again and hire another "savior" and start over with more muscial chairs in the coaching staff.

Yeah, I'd have to ask who he was referring to. Because we are the crappy team. Being a Skinz fan once again requires us to live under the illusion that somehow we're actually a good team. No, that would be teams that actually win.

Some people have, again, fallen for the smoke screen that is the first few weeks.

I don't want to cut a coach's contract early again and hire another "savior" and start over with more muscial chairs in the coaching staff.

"Early" doesn't seem to be the right term. It's not unfair to want Shanahan out the door if this is another losing season. Only a few coaches in history make it past 3 losing seasons to start their tenure.

well it needs to be said: our offense doesn't look very good lately. RG3 looks rather pedestrian..

Not being a homer, but I don't place any blame on him. He doesn't have any time in the pocket, his WRs drop wide open passes, and the playcalling is horrendous.

He KNOWS they wont catch it, probably why he wont go deep anymore. Dink and dunk and hopefully someone breaks free, and it is a pathetic thought.

I know this doesn't really matter in the bigger picture...but today was a wicked blow to RG3's ROY chances. Luck went beast mode again today...

Not Griffin's fault. Take away the drops and RG3 has a great game against the Steelers, if our team didn't quit today he would have had a better day, hell he even completed a high percentage of his passes today and made a lot of plays with what he was given.

That 4th and goal.. I believe kicked the team in the nuts.. Take the 3 and keep with the momentum.. instead we **** the bed.

I agree, although we had gone for 4th down twice earlier so we had to then, although with the field compressed so close to the goalline, perhaps FG would have been better.

THe playcall was garbage.

9-7? 9-7?? What team have you been watching? So, this 3-6 team, which can't put points on the board, stop anyone on defense or make plays on special teams is going to go on a tear and close out the season 6-1? Yeah, sure.

I know it's overly optimistic, but this next game is great to see how we improve following a bye week. I jsut don't think Kyle Shanahan puts in the hours to make a great offense.

I'd take out Moss and put in Orakpo when healthy. Other than that the cupboard is pretty bare, Ask yourself who on this team would start for a team like the Packers?

I would agree with that except Orakpo seems to be getting a bit injury prone but he does play hard while in. Wish we had more like him. It just seems like a lot of the players are just here to earn a paycheck. Heck, same with the coaches. Haslett has been lost since the second game but it doesn't seem like Morris is a better option because his secondary is constantly burned. The player have no confidence in themselves or the coaches. It unfortunate because we finally have a quarterback but don't use him properly. Luck had a 400 yard game today. Why? Because they let him throw the ball. We hardly ever let Griffin throw and when we do it's short throws. Then again the line isn't giving him much time anymore either. Too many problems though and it all starts with the coaches.

"Early" doesn't seem to be the right term. It's not unfair to want Shanahan out the door if this is another losing season. Only a few coaches in history make it past 3 losing seasons to start their tenure.

I've seen this quote posted here over and over again:

"If you want me to fix this team give me 5 years, nothing less, I need 5 years"

Obviously this was paraphrased but during the 2000s we cut coaches after 2 or 3 years, where did that get us? Let Shanahan finish out his contract, enough with new coaches coming in every year to save us. Over the last 20 years we have had the most coaching changes of any team, for a team to be any good it needs a constant and it needs stability.

Exactly.

Only one player on the team. Even Fletcher is making me sick.

No, we tend to be sentimental.. Moss, Cooley, Fletcher, have no business whatsoever being on this team.. they are past their prime.. Other teams know how to cut players loose.. we want to keep them because they are core players.. Core players of what? When have we been a good team? When? They play good enough to get our hopes up and then **** the bed. never fails. year after year.

---------- Post added November-4th-2012 at 04:29 PM ----------

No, we tend to be sentimental.. Moss, Cooley, Fletcher, have no business whatsoever being on this team.. they are past their prime.. Other teams know how to cut players loose.. we want to keep them because they are core players.. Core players of what? When have we been a good team? When? They play good enough to get our hopes up and then **** the bed. never fails. year after year.

Add banks to that..

The entire defense is bad.

The wide receivers are bad.

The special teams play is bad.

The coaching is bad.

The offensive line, while far better than I'd have expected them to be, are still not good by the measure of a winning NFL team.

RGIII is starting to look like the rookie that he is.

So that leaves the running game. It's objectively good. And that's largely because of Morris and Young. But if your team is one dimensional, any average-or-better NFL defense will shut you down every time.

I think the honest over/under on how many more games they win is two. The real answer could be zero.

Archived