Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage & Interactive Game Day Thread: 2012 Redskins vs Panthers (Final)

NoLeafClover

well it needs to be said: our offense doesn't look very good lately. RG3 looks rather pedestrian..

Disagree. He had some bad throws and held onto the ball too long at times, but the main problem was Kyle's horrendous playcalling today. Honestly, it was abysmal.

As said earlier, you have to expect at this point in the season that defenses will be adjusting to what you've been doing. You have to be ready to adjust back. Kyle has never proven he can adjust when necessary, not since he's been here. He's shown himself so far to be nothing more than an average football mind.

The whole coaching staff is garbage at this point, to be honest. There's absolutely no other way to look at them. The records speak for themselves.

I've seen this quote posted here over and over again:

"If you want me to fix this team give me 5 years, nothing less, I need 5 years"

Asking for 5 years of this **** is unrealistic. Even the Lions had a playoff appearance 2 years removed from 0-16. No excuses. That's all the asshats that run this team are good at.

**** this team besides RG3 and Morris. Everyone else is playing/coaching for a paycheck. No heart what so ever. Even Hall had no emotion today. Great homecoming. I wish the season was over. The option is old. I have need see. Such an inept group of receivers or defense. How are these professionals? It's beyond me. Pay me a million dollars to play wide out. I can drop the ball too. Pay me to be a cb or safety. I can not cover too. I have never seen anything so absurdly pathetic in my life. I just dont get why no matter who coaches this team, they always look like no one is coaching. Is it some kind of Indian hex? What else can it be?

This.. This.. why us? why?

Obviously this was paraphrased but during the 2000s we cut coaches after 2 or 3 years, where did that get us? Let Shanahan finish out his contract, enough with new coaches coming in every year to save us. Over the last 20 years we have had the most coaching changes of any team, for a team to be any good it needs a constant and it needs stability.

I have been saying this for the past year. But I am starting to change my mind. The Stupid penalties can be coached out and it is not being done. The red zone play calling is abysmal at this point. Why dont you hand the ball to Morris in the red zone? I dont see this team progressing but instead regressing. Getting worse during your 3rd season is unacceptable.

9-7? 9-7?? What team have you been watching? So, this 3-6 team, which can't put points on the board, stop anyone on defense or make plays on special teams is going to go on a tear and close out the season 6-1? Yeah, sure.

<sigh> well, so much for unrealistic optimism... this loss hurt because it was torture watching us getting outclassed in every facet.

I would agree with that except Orakpo seems to be getting a bit injury prone but he does play hard while in. Wish we had more like him. It just seems like a lot of the players are just here to earn a paycheck. Heck, same with the coaches. Haslett has been lost since the second game but it doesn't seem like Morris is a better option because his secondary is constantly burned. The player have no confidence in themselves or the coaches. It unfortunate because we finally have a quarterback but don't use him properly. Luck had a 400 yard game today. Why? Because they let him throw the ball. We hardly ever let Griffin throw and when we do it's short throws. Then again the line isn't giving him much time anymore either. Too many problems though and it all starts with the coaches.

I am convinced there is anacceptance of the culture of losing at Redskins Park. RG3 was the only one that had fire on the field today. I am sure as I type this there are players cracking jokes in the locker room.

The best coach we had over the last 11 years was Shottenheimer and he brought discipline to the team. Gibbs wasnot able to do it and neither has Shanahan. I am ready for a change.

**** this team besides RG3 and Morris. Everyone else is playing/coaching for a paycheck. No heart what so ever. Even Hall had no emotion today. Great homecoming. I wish the season was over. The option is old. I have never seen such an inept group of receivers or defense. How are these professionals? It's beyond me. Pay me a million dollars to play wide out. I can drop the ball too. Pay me to be a cb or safety. I can not cover too. I have never seen anything so absurdly pathetic in my life. I just dont get why no matter who coaches this team, they always look like no one is coaching. Is it some kind of Indian hex? What else can it be?

Obviously this was paraphrased but during the 2000s we cut coaches after 2 or 3 years, where did that get us? Let Shanahan finish out his contract, enough with new coaches coming in every year to save us. Over the last 20 years we have had the most coaching changes of any team, for a team to be any good it needs a constant and it needs stability.

We have a constant - losing! Shanahan's shown he's here to continue that trend.

Anyone listening to Shanahan's press conference?

Didn't know about the inadvertent whistle, has no answer to why we were running so much option on goal-to-go.....

Shanny's pressers are about as informative as an algebra contest in an insane asylum. I have no idea what that means.

The press themselves never ask any difficult questions, either. So sick of Shanny and his "I'm so tough and know so much more than you" crap. Another loser who can't deliver.

Injuries have absolutely killed this season.

Be honest: how many of you would've taken 3-6 if you'd known we'd lose Rak, Garcon, Davis, Carriker, and Merriweather, and Jackson?

I'm sorry, but that's the reason we are so bad right now. This is a completely different offense with Davis and Garcon, and the D is "not terrible" with Rak and our two projected starting safeties.

Anyone listening to Shanahan's press conference?

Didn't know about the inadvertent whistle, has no answer to why we were running so much option on goal-to-go.....

He is the head coach. If he doesn't know why they are doing something, then he needs to change/fix it or he needs to go. Period.

this team is not going to be much better next season, what with the salary cap penalty and lack of the top 5 pick they have earned AGAIN for being so bad

those who want to keep the rat around need to brace for 6-10 at best nxt season if the NFL does not give some salary cap dough back

Archived