Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage & Interactive Game Day Thread: 2012 Redskins vs Panthers (Final)

NoLeafClover

Grant Paulsen ‏@granthpaulsen

Referee Car Cheffers: "The line judge blew the whistle.. We just felt when the whistle blew, the player would have already scored a TD.

Umm....WTF? Are you kidding me? THAT is the explanation? THAT is the justification? Wow, just ridiculous. This is a PRIME EXAMPLE of making up the rules as you go along in order to cover a mistake. Just.....wow.

Agree.........

Just wow...

IMHO..this team lost any momentum or drive it had after D Hall "gave" Victor Cruz that 77 yard TD. The defense has been atrocious all season, but that single play seems to have taken the life from this team and RG3 in particular

You do know that DeAngelo wasn't even covering him that play. It was Josh Wilson and Madieu Williams that blew the coverage.

Referee Car Cheffers: "The line judge blew the whistle.. We just felt when the whistle blew, the player would have already scored a TD.

Umm....WTF? Are you kidding me? THAT is the explanation? THAT is the justification? Wow, just ridiculous. This is a PRIME EXAMPLE of making up the rules as you go along in order to cover a mistake. Just.....wow.

how do they have a job after crap like this?

We post great stats but we just look lost on offense. No identity, no consistency, a questionable play call every week is fine but many are not, and not when they are repeating week to week. Banks is not a game breaker but we use him like one. We use our WR's like running "banks". Morris is a beast but then we dont use him, and ft royster or banks instead.

It should surprise no one if Mike or Kyle were accommodating each other, making sacrifices. And it shows on offense. We live by lightweight mobile OL but then have 3 sitting in the pocket taking hits when its clear our OL are getting blown up? We cannot pocket pass, yet call plays the feature our OLs weakness. Why not roll him out, or at least have a pass option on his runs wide.

I dunno, but it seems like we want RG3 to be able to pass out of the pocket. But we are built to run, yet don't use our stud back when it comes time to do so. We are 40% Iron mike 60% Kyle who to me seems awful young to have the keys to the car. RG3 may play call better than him. Would he be an OC if he didnt have the last name?

That's absolutely ridiculous. Cheffers should NOT have a job after that. You can't base a call on what you "feel".

That opens the door to "we felt they shouldn't have scored on that drive, so we called offensive penalties on them"

The audio from today is now up on the first page of this thread.

I know this was a depressing game that we all want to forget about as quickly as possible, but we have interviews with some of the alumni players who were honored today. So even if you skip over the stuff from the locker room after the game, go listen to the audio from our interviews with Mark Rypien, Jay Schroeder, Ken Harvey, Charles Mann and Clinton Portis.

The photos and my game recap should be up soon.

Archived