Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Happy Halloween, ES!! 2012 edition

Ellis

Tonight's the night!!!

I'm sure many of you have pics of yourself in costumes from parties you've attended.

And I'm sure many of you will have great pics of the kiddies going out later today.

Let's see em!

Here's a pic of my son in his first Halloween costume.

My wife made it. :D

579527_10152172224415411_1344525639_n.jpg

Dalai Lama like a boss!!

I am expecting the usual zero trick-or treaters in my neighborhood, but have bought the obligatory bag of Reeses in case any show up.

on behalf of little kids everywhere, I'd like to thank you for providing decent candy.

Who the hell wants tootsie rolls?! :mad:

on behalf of little kids everywhere, I'd like to thank you for providing decent candy.

Who the hell wants tootsie rolls?! :mad:

Not me! That's why I bought Reeses.

we have one house down the street with a couple small kids in it, but if not for them, I expect quiet... and a bag of Reess to keep me happy.

BTW< LOVE the Dalai Lama costume,, hats off to Mrs Ellis!

~Bang

Seven trick-or-treaters so far. It's our first Halloween in this neighborhood and our neighbor said she's never had more than nine, so that's too bad. The last person was at least 45 mins ago.

But here are some pics:

IMG_1157.jpg

georgiaredskin with Baby Gloria

IMG_2392.jpg

Me and baby Gloria

IMG_3343.jpg

Closeup of Glo

IMG_7339.jpg

Mommy and baby in front of the house all lit up

IMG_8926.jpg

Mommy and baby "trick or treating"

IMG_7464.jpg

The Jack-O'-Lanterns

HA! Great pics!!! Cute kid!

This is also our first Halloween in a new neighborhood. We've had 3 sets of tricker treaters so far.

The most adorable 2 or 3 yr old came by. She couldn't really talk well yet. Her mother said, "Ok honey, say trick or treat." And the kid goes, "teet teet!"

My heart just about melted. LMAO!

I'm a softy, I admit it. Adorably shy kids completely lower my defenses.

Happy Halloween everyone!!! did my final year of trick or treating (atleast until i have kids of my own) last year at age 18, against my parents wishes. but i knew last year would be the final school year that i will be living at home, since i am in college now in long island. Had a blast!! When i left for college, my dad admitted that he is pretty happy that he wont have to carve any more pumpkins. My house is at the very end of a long pipestem driveway, so my parents usually never get more than like 2 or 3 trick or treaters. used to be more when all the college kids/almost college kids in my neighborhood were younger as well as me, my brother and sister and all our friends that would join us. anyway, hope everyone has a good halloween!!! stay safe out there, and get lots of candy :)

Happy Halloween everyone!!! did my final year of trick or treating (atleast until i have kids of my own) last year at age 18, against my parents wishes. but i knew last year would be the final school year that i will be living at home, since i am in college now in long island. Had a blast!! When i left for college, my dad admitted that he is pretty happy that he wont have to carve any more pumpkins. My house is at the very end of a long pipestem driveway, so my parents usually never get more than like 2 or 3 trick or treaters. used to be more when all the college kids/almost college kids in my neighborhood were younger as well as me, my brother and sister and all our friends that would join us. anyway, hope everyone has a good halloween!!! stay safe out there, and get lots of candy :)

You ****ing went trick-or-treating for candy at age 18..................WTF?

In the small community I'm currently residing, i took my nieces (3, 7, and 8) to the local fire station where they had an indoor (typical given the seasonal weather in this locale) funfest for the kids and adults. It was cool. Lots of creative active (not board) games and homemade set-ups for those games and lots of different activity stations and free plain old hot-dogs for everyone and lots of candy for kids.

It was interesting to see the cross section of people. Mainly a good number of Hispanic folks (legal and otherwise I'm sure given what's known of the region), and poor to lower middle class whites. Maybe 3 or 4 who looked like they would be at home in affluent settings. It was obvious that to what degree there are middle class folks and up, locally, they were not represented.

The age range not counting the kids was from teens to elderly, and a fair number of each generation. There were no African Americans and few Native Americans. I saw one Asian family and a few South Islanders. There seemed be an unusual number of physically disabled and developmentally or mentally challenged folks. An over-riding demographic, judging from costumes and all appearances, was relative poverty---though many of the vehicles lining the roads seemed new and nice enough, it was obvious many had taken the local bus or walked, given the number of people and knwoing the layout of the community.

Everyone was doing well, even the relatively sizable tweaker element and the temp-sober alkies with their kids. There were no issues or obvious drunks, and the kids were all awesome. No fights, no scenes at all. One sheriff on duty walking around socializing and a couple of uniformed firemen and volunteers.

I was there for 2 full hours and there were at least 200 people in this huge building with several large rooms. A lot of the kids had old and torn clothes (like from real thrift shops--not trendy versions) that had been magic-markered to appear like one thing or another (witches, zombies, cats, dogs, "homeless kids" one family told me), and had their faces done with various hard-to-guess intentions with cheap face paint.

There was also a couple teenage girls doing free face paints at an "official station" for kids. My two older nieces got butterflies and the hardcore 3 yo (who talks like a 5 yo) got a pirate face. She's scary. Takes after her great grand uncle. :)

Lots of home-baked cookies and pies as part of group activities (like musical chairs).

It was the first time in the last 7 years I didn't do Halloween at the annual kick-ass party at my favorite bar/hang-out back in the state capitol, which was a wild night for meeting great women too, every time. Even at my advanced age :evilg: I was right there with the marathon partiers until the wee hours and did just dandy in every way. But I really enjoyed this year. Home by 8:30 and watching TV. :ols:

In the small community I'm currently residing, i took my nieces (3, 7, and 8) to the local fire station where they had an indoor (typical given the seasonal weather in this locale) funfest for the kids and adults. It was cool.

:ols: This cracked me up! I don't think I've ever read a socio-economic essay on Halloween festivities!

We had about 100 trick or treaters, down about 25 from the last two years. Before we started setting up the house like this we would only get about 30 kids. We started to scare kids this year. I would sit behind Frank and just be still, would let them pass and jump up when they came back down after getting candy I would jump up and scream. It was pretty funny when some would pass by and look at me saying thats a real person another kid would say no it's not. At times I would let them get part way down the walk then run after them. Of course I only did this with older kids. One little girl started crying when I turned my head and said hello. We also had a pop-up reaper that we controlled by remote to throw them off of me. So when they first came up the pop-up would go, then they pass by me, get candy start to leave then I would do my thing. Had a great time and lots of laughs by us and the kids we scared.

Archived