Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Previews of Coming Attractions: Upcoming New Movies (Thoughts and Info on Movies That Don't Have Their Own Thread Yet).

Jumbo

I remember original candyman, sister is not interested in being nobody's victim, I'd have to trick her into watching that with superglue in the seat, and she'd still leave the theater butt naked to avoid it. Hates that movie and hates bees.

Edited by Renegade7

• 2 months later...

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/game-thrones-alums-peter-dinklage-193054537.html

‘Game Of Thrones’ Alums Peter Dinklage & Jason Momoa Pair For Legendary’s Max Barbakow-Directed ‘Good Bad & Undead'

EXCLUSIVE: Legendary has closed a deal for Max Barbakow to direct Good Bad & Undead, with Peter Dinklage and Jason Momoa making deals to star and produce the action adventure. The film is based on an original idea by Mark Swift & Damian Shannon.

Dinklage and Momoa starred on Game of Thrones, bookending as major male influences for Mother of Dragons Daenerys Targaryen.

Barbakow is coming off the Andy Samberg-Cristin Milioti film Palm Springs, which set the Sundance Film Festival acquisition record in a $22 million deal by Neon and Hulu in January.

In Good Bad & Undead, Dinklage will play Van Helsing, last in a long line of vampire hunters. He develops an uneasy partnership with a vampire (Momoa) who has taken a vow never to kill again. Together they run a scam from town to town, where Van Helsing pretends to vanquish the vampire for money. But when a massive bounty is put on the vampire’s head, everything in this dangerous world full of monsters and magic is now after them.

The intent is Midnight Run in a Bram Stoker world.

more at link

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/denis-villeneuve-spent-full-designing-144015316.html

Denis Villeneuve Spent a Full ‘Year of Work’ Designing the ‘Dune’ Sandworms

Pulling off the spectacle of “Dune” requires a director to faithfully and immaculately adapt many elements of novelist Frank Herbert’s beloved book series, including bringing his giant sandworm creatures to the big screen. Director Denis Villeneuve tells Empire magazine (via /Film) that such a task was so important and so detailed for his upcoming “Dune” adaptation that he spent a full year designing and perfecting the look of the sandworms.

The creatures are of paramount importance to the success of “Dune” as they roam the desert wastelands of the planet Arrakis, a setting that becomes owned by the Atreides family. 

“We talked about every little detail that would make such a beast possible, from the texture of the skin, to the way the mouth opens, to the system to eat its food in the sand,” Villeneuve said to Empire. “It was a year of work to design and to find the perfect shape that looked prehistoric enough.”

The sandworms in David Lynch’s infamous 1984 “Dune” adaptation were created by special effects guru Carlo Rambaldi, famous for creating the eponymous alien in Steven Spielberg’s “E.T.”

The creatures alone reportedly cost Lynch’s production an extra $2 million. Lynch largely relied on practical effect models and miniature sets to pull off the sandworms, whose mouths and bodies were operated by crew members. While it was a herculean task to create the sandworms, most critics agreed the visual effects in Lynch’s “Dune” were one of its weakest parts.

Villeneuve’s “Dune” stars Timothée Chalamet in the lead role opposite a cast that includes Oscar Isaac, Zendaya, Josh Brolin, Javier Bardem, Dave Bautista, Stellan Skarsgard, and Rebecca Ferguson. To best capture the look of the desert planet Arrakis, Villeneuve took the production to Jordan. Chalamet said shooting in the real desert while wearing the film’s “stillsuits” costumes made the production unbearable at times.

“I remember going out of my room at 2 a.m., and it being probably 100 degrees,” Chalamet said to Vanity Fair last month. “The shooting temperature was sometimes 120 degrees. They put a cap on it out there, if it gets too hot. I forget what the exact number is, but you can’t keep working. In a really grounded way, it was helpful to be in the stillsuits and to be at that level of exhaustion.”

Warner Bros. is scheduled to open “Dune” in theaters on December 18.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think Timothee Chalamet is incredibly talented. But I don’t like the idea of him being the new leading man in Hollywood. Dude looks like a doll that would break when pushed. 

Reminds me of when they started casting Andrew Garfield as the lead in everything. Ugh.

I do look forward to seeing what Villeneuve does with Dune. Two parts. Guy has the goods. Hope he finds the mark.

Edited by AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy
  • Like 2

I’m excited about Dune but I don’t know the story at all. The cast is amazing and Chalamet might be ok for the part but he may also end up being somebody that should stay flexing their talent In movies like Call Me By Your Name and Little Women where his fit in those roles makes sense. 

I guess we have to see if he is believable as the lead in a major sci-fi fantasy blockbuster. I trust him so far just on his talent we will see. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/sci-fi-thriller-blackout-sells-070111878.html

Sci-Fi Thriller ‘The Blackout’ Sells to More Than 90 Countries (EXCLUSIVE)

Post-apocalyptic sci-fi thriller “The Blackout” has secured distribution in more than 90 countries, including the U.S. and China. The movie is helmed by Egor Baranov, the director of the hit fantasy-horror trilogy “Gogol.”

Leading Russian company Central Partnership, which is handling international distribution on the film, announced the news on Monday as Key Buyers Event, a showcase of Russian movies and series organized by Roskino, got underway.

“The Blackout,” which received a wide release in Russia on Nov. 21, will be released in China by iQIYI, one of the country’s largest VOD services, and Shout! Studios will be distributing the film in the U.S. and Canada.

The movie will be one of the first titles to get a wide theatrical release in Japan after the quarantine. Japanese distributor New Select will release the film theatrically on June 12.

Other international releases include South Korea (Eleven Ent.), France (Koba Films), Germany (Splendid Film), Italy (Minerva Pictures), Spain (Mediaset), Scandinavia (Mis.Label), the former Yugoslavia territories (Stars Media), Poland (Telewizja Polsat), Turkey (ATV), and Brazil (Encripta).

“The Blackout” was produced by Valeriy Fedorovich and Evgeniy Nikishov (“Metro 2033”) for Premier Studios. It was written by Ilya Kulikov (“Chernobyl. Zone of Exclusion”). The soundtrack was written by Mike Shinoda, the frontman of Linkin Park.

In the film, a blackout hits all corners of the Earth, except a small ring-like area in Eastern Europe. When military forces venture beyond the ring what they find is shocking. There are corpses everywhere. Scientists determine the cause of death to be a toxin produced by people’s own bodies. Who or what is destroying all life on Earth? How long will the last outpost of mankind survive?

rooksie sci fi film.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
36 minutes ago, nonniey said:

The sequel, to the best Zombie movie of all, is out. If it comes close to the first one we'll all be happy.

It won't be, first one was incredibly plausible.  This one doesn't make sense if 4 years later the zombies haven't biodegraded or died from lack of food.  They weren't really trying to feed, jus bite as many as possible.  

Given wife watches a lot of South Korean stuff on Netflix, was hoping the sequel would be North Korea helping them out to keep it from spreading.  Not a resident evil / escape from LA hybrid.

28 Days Later was more honest, thats best zombie movie, imo.

Also, I never thought I'd have to seriously ask if I would die to watch a Christopher Nolan film.  Please put on this on Netflix, man, c'mon already.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

It won't be, first one was incredibly plausible.  This one doesn't make sense if 4 years later the zombies haven't biodegraded or died from lack of food.  They weren't really trying to feed, jus bite as many as possible.  

part of what made the first one so great was the train. It was done really well and they used it to create some really fun and unique scenarios. Plus everything was so claustrophobic and packed in. I haven’t watched the sequel trailer but if it’s not in a train it will lose some of that appeal but can still be good. 

I don’t care about zombies bio degrading. They simply exist and that’s all I need to know about them. Don’t care to get lost in the technicalities or the actual science that should be happening . 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

29 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

part of what made the first one so great was the train. It was done really well and they used it to create some really fun and unique scenarios. Plus everything was so claustrophobic and packed in. I haven’t watched the sequel trailer but if it’s not in a train it will lose some of that appeal but can still be good. 

Agreed, this movie stood out to me when I saw it for a reason.

I don’t care about zombies bio degrading. They simply exist and that’s all I need to know about them. Don’t care to get most in the technicalities or the actual science that should be happening . 

Don't mind me, I still like documentaries over action movies, im weird like that.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Given wife watches a lot of South Korean stuff on Netflix, was hoping the sequel would be North Korea helping them out to keep it from spreading.  Not a resident evil / escape from LA hybrid.

Does your wife speak Korean? One of the reasons I thought Train is the best is because it is still really great even though I have to read sub-titles. I can imagine how good it is if you can speak Korean.

Edited by nonniey

48 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Does your wife speak Korean? One of the reasons I thought Train is the best is because it is still really great even though I have to read sub-titles. I can imagine how good it is if you can speak Korean.

She's Nigerian, but English not her first language, so rare she watches something on Netflix in English.  I think its a different way of doing things and pretty cool, opens up to whats really out there. 

Like, she watched all of Money Heist in Spanish, which is fine by me because I prefer watching movies like Kung-Fu in original language.

South Korea I read saw Jurrasic Park made money then all the cars they sold in same year it came out, then started subsidizing their entertainment industry to keep up with US.  I dont know about caught up, but left Nigerian movie industry in the dust, and Train shows they know what they doing now if at one point they didn't.

Really high quality production, where we laugh about if they gonna kiss before the third season. :806:

Edited by Renegade7