Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

One thing we need to accept, NO game will ever be out of reach with RG3 under center

Springfield

That's the face of a man who knows his chances at starting in Washington are very small...

He held that expression through the entire run, too. It isn't like he even started celebrating when the TD was imminent.

I'd be upset too, knowing that his first chance in the NFL won't come with the team he's currently on (barring something crazy).

There's nothing prettier than watching this guy throw the ball.

and busting a huge 76 yard TD run... I'm telling you... I remember when our past offenses were on the field with a less-then-a-TD lead and between 2 and 3 mins on the clock. Those recent RG3-less could never put the game on ice and i had to cross my fingers the defense would hold. Now, I know RG3 can lock a game down and long as Shanahan puts the ball in his hands at the end of the game and says "Robert, put the game away for us."

That 76 yarder was one of the most beautiful touchdowns I've seen as a Redskins fan. I rank it up there with Riggo's 4th down TD run, and Green's playoff punt return TD against the Bears. THAT is what I envisioned him doing when I saw him play over a year ago at Baylor, except wearing the Burgundy and Gold.

Truth is, we've been in every game this season. Only really lost by a TD or less. Griffin is keeping the Redskins competitive. It's an amazing sight to see

I'm amazed thus far and I have no worries with him under center with the game on the line. Heck, he just looks confident or the team does. It's been fun to watch

The pass rush wasn't good when both players were in there this year before they got injured. Carriker has never been known for a pass rusher, just good against the run. Rak is good, but not always consistent. I believe we could use a little help, also maybe a new defensive coordinator.

I actually think Carriker was damn good as a pass rushing 3-4 DE, he pushes the pocket plenty.

Kirk Cousins is LOL Fuuuuuuuuuu

Just think how dangerous this team could be if it wasn't for the Defense being dead last against the pass. So, 2 good players are out for the season on Defense. One a LB one a DE. 'Skins still need more pieces of the puzzle to be contenders. Let's get some guys that can cover. PLEASE.

I was listening to someone talk about Magic Johnson once, they were talking about his ability to dominate a game without scoring. He could beat you by dishing assists, getting rebounds, starting the fast break with a quick outlet pass.

That reminds me of RG3. He doesn't need to dominate with awesome passing stats, he doesn't need to throw for 300+ yards to win. We saw today he can beat you with his legs. I think he's quickly learning to pick and choose the best times to take off. He's got the best damn play action fake, I've been faked at least twice in each game.

So yeah, the Magic Johnson of QB's. Wouldn't be bad if he won as many rings as Magic did, too. :D

We've been in close games for years now. I really wish the Shannys could figure out how to play with a lead and put games away. It's a problem that has made watching Redskin games absolute torture for the past several years.

Difference is: we now have a guy that can win more of those games than lose them. He really is a hell of a player.

Just think how dangerous this team could be if it wasn't for the Defense being dead last against the pass. So, 2 good players are out for the season on Defense. One a LB one a DE. 'Skins still need more pieces of the puzzle to be contenders. Let's get some guys that can cover. PLEASE.

People seem to overlook that we're missing 4 starters on defense. So much criticism of our pass defense goes around, but were missing both starting safeties and the prospect we drafted. Madieu, Gomes, Doughty, are backups and we got Pugh off the street.

And yes, RG3 is unstoppable and we are now an offensive juggernaut. I think we can win the division this year. Next year with our defensive starters returning, FA, and another draft class, we can be contenders.

People seem to overlook that we're missing 4 starters on defense. So much criticism of our pass defense goes around, but were missing both starting safeties and the prospect we drafted. Madieu, Gomes, Doughty, are backups and we got Pugh off the street.

And yes, RG3 is unstoppable and we are now an offensive juggernaut. I think we can win the division this year. Next year with our defensive starters returning, FA, and another draft class, we can be contenders.

Other teams lose starters and become worse, sure. But our D is on the verge of being historically bad.

I like your thinking. I still don't get how people go nuts when we can't hide our safeties for an entire game against 3 WR sets.

I was watching the game today and I thought "Who is that guy?" Then I saw his name was "Pugh" and I thought "how fitting".

Archived