Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

One thing we need to accept, NO game will ever be out of reach with RG3 under center

Springfield

We are a beat down fan base. There is all the reason in the world to be down on the Washington Redskins. Over the last twenty seasons, we've been conditioned to expect failure from our favorite team. Over the last ten years, we've come to expect a team that wins games in spite of itself. We have been conditioned to expect a defensive stalwart with meager offensive output.

That all changed the moment we drafted Robert Griffin III.

What we are witnessing is possibly the most elusive offense that this team has ever seen. Gibbs coached several impressive offensive units in the 80's and 90's however he did not have a player with the capability of RG3. He didn't have a player that could change the game in one snap. There were many players on his teams that were truly great. I don't think that any of them were as great as Robert Griffin III.

What we are witnessing is just be beginning of this young man's career. Even it his young age, he has had a drastic impact on the offense of this team. He inherited a team that would struggle to score 20 points on a weekly basis. With RG3 under center, it's an anomaly if they score less than 30. This is the team with RG3 at the helm. This is an offensive juggernaut.

We all know the offensive capability of this team. It's our expectations that need to change. We can't be upset if they are down by 10 or 20. This is a team that can, and will, overcome that. This is your modern Washington Redskins.

What do you mean "we"? Despite how bad our D has been, most of us were well aware of Griff's ability to bring us back. Welcome aboard. :)

I didn't get a chance to read the game day thread but I fully expect that there was a lot of doom and gloom through the first few drives of the game.

You say "we need to accept" it like it's a bad thing. I think we're all completely fine with this.

Oh yes absolutely. For years though, we've seen a team that couldn't overcome a 7 point deficit. We have been conditioned to start giving up after we're down by a TD. I think that a lot of the fan base sees it that way.

It'll take some getting used to knowing that RG3 is a thread to turn any play into a TD. It's completely amazing the skills that he possesses.

I still had doubts about all that we had to give away to get RGIII but after today I am of the belief that RGIII is worth everything we traded away to get this guy. The thing that has really sold me on RGIII is how much heart and character this young man has shown on and off the field and you can't put a price on that, he is the real deal!!!!

I agree... just in Awe of this Man. I keep waiting for him to have a "rookie" day and it doesn't happen.. how is this possible? He is so poised. So talented and so mature.. very impressive player and it appears an equally impressive person. We are so lucky to have him. My 13 year old who I watch the game with every Sunday (when we aren't traveling with his hockey team) says that today sealed it.. RGIII is his favorite player "time to get some jerseys Dad"... Just happy to have him on our team... To think how close it came to seeing him in Cleveland....

Archived