Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

One thing we need to accept, NO game will ever be out of reach with RG3 under center

Springfield

Other teams lose starters and become worse, sure. But our D is on the verge of being historically bad.

Since our offense is putting up points, teams are airing it out more. That makes it look worse. You can't lose 1/3 of your starting lineup, including an entire position group and arguably your best player who is at the most important position in the 3-4, and not expect a huge fall off. We've also been playing without our nickel corner.

Even though our guy have been getting beat plenty, I have to give credit for creating turnovers and getting redbone stops while missing key cogs.

Since our offense is putting up points, teams are airing it out more. That makes it look worse. You can't lose 1/3 of your starting lineup, including an entire position group and arguably your best player who is at the most important position in the 3-4, and not expect a huge fall off. We've also been playing without our nickel corner.

Even though our guy have been getting beat plenty, I have to give credit for creating turnovers and getting redbone stops while missing key cogs.

The biggest difference I've seen is our defense is showing up against the better offenses, and making plays when it counts.

Teams might put up big stats against us, but if the D continues the trend, we should be fine.

I've said this a few times over the weeks...but we still haven't got the really deep ball working that well for us...so just imagine if we get to add that as a fairly consistent weapon...wowza...

I keep waiting for the long pass to get rolling and it seems like we are more than a little off with that. That is supposed to be RG3's strength. Hard to tell if it is a pass thing or a reciever route running. Probably a little bit of both. Most of the plays seem to develop (by design) very quickly which makes it hard to give time for that to develop. When that aspect develops will be nice!

Archived