Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NBC's "Revolution" Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Well, my sister-in-law was raving about this show during Thanksgiving, so I went ahead and started watching it, I'm three episodes in so far. I guess it's okay...I agree with others that the lead actress is just grating. Maybe it's explained later, but how exactly do you store a portable power source in a thumb drive?

I almost feel like this is too much like Lost, from the random cameos (hello Juliet, Jacob) to the similar casting (really, another fat guy who used to be rich, as well as a hot female lead who no one really cares about. But I'm going to continue to watch and see where it goes.

Yeah -I agree with others - this is the most "ok" show I can think of. Good enough where I keep watching, not good enough where I look forward to it.

But the finalie was a little odd - first - Here is a general rule. If someone says "You know, I'm going to kill you one day" then shot them. Thats it - Its all over. We already know Miles can be a cold hearted killer when need to, but when it came to Tom and his wife, tom SAYS "I'm going to kill you" and then he just locks them up? How about "Well -You cant kill me if your dead. Boom".

Then - yeah -the whole Monroe thing. Lets see -I have him a gun point, I already said I was going to kill him. Now - let me put my gun down and THEN tell him I am sorry I didn't kill him the 1st time and will kill him now. That's a good plan. How about you give you little speech WHILE you keep the gun aimed at him!!

It's crazy how limited they are with the show being on network television. I wish it could have the freedom of HBO, where there could be graphic language, graphic violence, and nudity. ;)

I agree with everybody as well. The show was interesting enough to keep me watching up until the mid-season finale, but with such a long layoff, I'm wondering if it'll survive when it comes back.

But man, Tracy Spiradakos (Charlie) might have the most beautiful eyes east of the Mississippi....

I think they're going a little too fast with the show. I mean it was supposed to be a world without power, yet in basically half a season they've pretty much figured out a way to restore power.

I was honestly more interested in the whole post apocolyptic world and how the characters lived their lives(similar to Waking Dead)instead of this fight to restore power.

And now a four month hiatus? Ugh. That could kill the show. I know they want to keep it paired with The Voice, but still.

I'm still an easy date for shows like this and am ok with it. I am even ok with Charlie's face-dancing now---they actually seem to have settled down, and benefit in comparison to the continually distracting "scattering ****roach" movements of Clare Dane's spasming visage---and I want to see more on the other regional sovereign zones and how they interact with Monrovia. I would totally call mine Jumbolia.

I loved the mid-season finale even though they should have killed the brother and the Brother.

:evilg:

As for the hiatus, this is what happens when you only get greenlighted for 10 episodes and don't get picked up for a full season until half (really 4) of them have been shown. I suspect that there is a lot of writing/shoots that need to get finished for episodes 11-22.

To the ones wanting Miles to kill Monroe, it cant happen or the show will be really done/over. It was cheesey though him pointing the gun down, then talking, then letting Monroe bum rush him. They should have made some other soldiers come earlier, made Miles put down his rifle, then tell his little speach about should have killed him the first time. Then Monroe gets pissed, drops the gun and they start the sword fight, then when he's about to get beat, tells them to shoot Miles (like he did in the episode).

Oh well, I like the show, hope it doesn't get cancelled.

Yeah -I agree with others - this is the most "ok" show I can think of. Good enough where I keep watching, not good enough where I look forward to it.

But the finalie was a little odd - first - Here is a general rule. If someone says "You know, I'm going to kill you one day" then shot them. Thats it - Its all over. We already know Miles can be a cold hearted killer when need to, but when it came to Tom and his wife, tom SAYS "I'm going to kill you" and then he just locks them up? How about "Well -You cant kill me if your dead. Boom".

Then - yeah -the whole Monroe thing. Lets see -I have him a gun point, I already said I was going to kill him. Now - let me put my gun down and THEN tell him I am sorry I didn't kill him the 1st time and will kill him now. That's a good plan. How about you give you little speech WHILE you keep the gun aimed at him!!

I've been bothered by little things in the show from the start (they all have very nice clothes for not having electricity for 15 years).

Then you have these sorts of things, and it is really making it hard to keep watching.

I really don't watch much tv (essentially none other than football and playoffs of other sports) so I was going out of my way to see this show in hopes it would "work". I suspect that I won't continue to do that when it comes back.

I'm still an easy date for shows like this and am ok with it. I am even ok with Charlie's face-dancing now---they actually seem to have settled down, and benefit in comparison to the continually distracting "scattering ****roach" movements of Clare Dane's spasming visage---and I want to see more on the other regional sovereign zones and how they interact with Monrovia. I would totally call mine Jumbolia.

Jumbolia sounds to much like jambalaya. Which means the food there should at least be pretty good. But I know of your fondness of sitting on the sidewalk in the rain outside the liquor store & striking up random conversations with the passerbys while eating Dinty Moore out of the can. Your's just isn't Doomy enough.

I'd call mine Lavatoria. ;)

I've been bothered by little things in the show from the start (they all have very nice clothes for not having electricity for 15 years).

Then you have these sorts of things, and it is really making it hard to keep watching.

I really don't watch much tv (essentially none other than football and playoffs of other sports) so I was going out of my way to see this show in hopes it would "work". I suspect that I won't continue to do that when it comes back.

Just yesterday I told my son I didnt get how they all had clean clothes- Esp the fat guy who has nice clean T-shirts with logo's from now. I mean -My T-shirts dont last 2 years let alone 15 years in those conditions.

And how did he stay so fat?

I have no issue watching Charlie and the latina run though. LOL

bro...they're so hot man. Sheesh.

---------- Post added November-29th-2012 at 07:18 AM ----------

Still having a hard time warming up to the actress who plays Charlie. .

yeah, she's a pretty bad actress...but her eyes sure do light up a room.

Does anyone own seasons 1-3 of this that they can lend me? It really feels like I started watching in season 4 of a show.

Still having a hard time warming up to the actress who plays Charlie. I felt that way about sour puss from Fringe for the first season or two also.

I feel the same. They really screwed the pooch by skipping ahead 15 years from the "event" IMHO

• 3 months later...
I feel the same. They really screwed the pooch by skipping ahead 15 years from the "event" IMHO

I was just talking to a co-worker about this today. He feels they also ruined a lot of the show by skipping the development of a ruined world and hostile factions forming. Flashbacks don't help fill that gap. Oh well this show will keep me interested unless they implement alternate worlds...

So I gave it another chance since Pawn Stars was a repeat and nothing else was on. First couple minutes start out where it left off, with a helicopter pointing its guns right at them. Somehow the guns completely miss everybody despite them running in a straight line towards the forest. The helicopter even moves its position for no reason at all. Of course it misses all of them when in real life at least 3 would be dead, if not all, given the proximity. I turned the channel in the first five minutes and I'm now officially done with this show.

TEG: read the spoiler, why am I not surprised, lol. The show had a good premise, but what it revealed was dumb, the acting is horrible, and the things that happen are often head-smacking annoying. Like I said, I'm done with this show.

Not to mention that most fuel degrades (bacteria, fungus, water buildup, etc.) to the point where it's unuseable after a few years (unless you keep adding additives).

Not sure on the life of jet fuel, but the idea that a helicopter could fly (let alone be able to fly immediately) and that it's fuel was good after 15+ years of non-use is a large leap of faith.

Not to mention that most fuel degrades (bacteria, fungus, water buildup, etc.) to the point where it's unuseable after a few years (unless you keep adding additives).

Not sure on the life of jet fuel, but the idea that a helicopter could fly (let alone be able to fly immediately) and that it's fuel was good after 15+ years of non-use is a large leap of faith.

That thought had crossed my mind, but I gave them the benefit of the doubt that since they were near making it operational that they serviced it, including fuel change, etc. I gave this show a bunch of leeway, but had given up on it by the end of the first half because it flaws were numerous and daunting, plus Miles vs. Monroe was done awful. Gave it one last chance b/c of circumstance and it lt me down in the first few minutes. Done. Helicopter scene was just absurd.

Archived