Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NBC's "Revolution" Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

The writing on this show is terrible and the Charlie chick still can't act.

I'll watch it till the season finale. After that, who knows. I think they explained too much too fast and now it's just a cliche generic good vs. bad story instead of a huge mystery/thriller type that it should have tried to be from the getgo.

Ok - I still don't believe that they would have found fuel for the vehicles that would have still been good.

Regular gas can go bad (unless additives are added regularly) in as little as 4-6 months.

This was 15+ years later.

I wondered about that. Well, Hurley got the old VW Bus running on Lost.......so, whatever.

I like the "World" this show takes place in. But these characters are meh. The sword fighting kills me. I think even though they "Outlawed" Guns, there would be a ton of them around and new ones being made 1800's-1900's style without needing electricity.

This show isn't too bad if you view it as a comedic parody of a terrible show ;p

And people are annoyed about gasoline lasting longer than a year? Or clean clothes?Come on, the power can only be turned on by assembling all 12 "medallions"!

LOL, I mean if you can stomach the realism of that you should have no problems with gasoline staying fresh for centuries.

I enjoy this show, but like I said...only as a parody. Also, you need to be intoxicated. It cracks me up tbh. I'll miss it.

Anyone that watches a science fiction show and complains about things not working like they do in reality needs to quit watching. Y'all sound like my old college roommate who would tell us WWF wrestling is fake.........yes we know that ****ing wrestling is fake, shut up already! Maybe they had made an alternative fuel that last for decades, how do you know or not know that happened within the story line? I mean they developed technology to shut off all the power in the world, so its not a stretch based on the actual story. You have to keep your mind open not closed when watching shows like this.

Also, Id rather watch a good knife/sword fight any day. Why would people not make guns? Because if they are caught, they are killed by the militia. Im sure they revealed a lot very quickly because most viewers don't have the patience to let a story develop over multiple seasons, its hard to get 2-3 seasons now on great/really good shows now days. Personally, I like the show and the story. Its not the best by any means, but I like it.

• 2 months later...

yeah, I enjoyed the 2nd half of the season a lot more.  Pretty decent finale, looking forward to seeing what they do with this show now that the power is back. 

Oh, and Elizabeth Mitchell (Rachel) is still smokin' hot.

I suspect that they will have to disable the power again so that the ICBM's don't hit the intended targets. 

Yeah, that would be priority #1.  Because from the way they left us hanging, things are looking pretty bad for Philly and Atlanta LOL

Major Neville is the best character by far.

I wasn't crazy about the final though it was certainly entertaining...

I didn't like what they did with Nora and I hope that doesn't mean Rachel and Miles are going to get together.

I find Rachel really annoying for some reason.  I thought they would have killed her off a long time ago by now.

Neville is pretty awesome, I liked his line about the vibe between Miles and Monroe, lol.

I think Monroe has about served his purpose and is kind of wearing on me though.

Then again maybe they have plan to have him find his kid.

Not sure what to think about the ICMBs and the president's appearance.

Weird and a little silly, but kind of cool.

• 3 months later...

Here's a question.  With the way some actors/actresses occasionally change their names to be more "Hollywood"...like Thomas Mapother becoming Tom Cruise, the immortal Arnold Strong, etc...why is the lead actress going with a tounge twisting last name like Spiradakos?  Tracy "Spirit" sounds more A-list to me...or perhaps a late night Cinemax name.

For what it's worth, that Zach guy from the Hangover movies with the unspellable last name should definitely go by "Zach Gallant"

• 1 month later...

*BUMP, it's been too long*

Anyone have any updated thoughts on this show? I'm still following it. They are definitely developing any supernatural elements veerrry slowly. I'm excited in thinking about what season 3 (if it lasts) may hold. I agree, it has been sloppy at times but for some reason I just can't let it go.

Anyone have any updated thoughts on this show? I'm still following it. They are definitely developing any supernatural elements veerrry slowly. I'm excited in thinking about what season 3 (if it lasts) may hold. I agree, it has been sloppy at times but for some reason I just can't let it go.

I was going to quit this show but for some reason the Myles/Bass relationship fascinates me.

Its been sloppy but no more than most shows that deal with scifi or horror elements. The reason I still watch is that the show is just a lot of fun. It deals with human relationships are interesting, the villains are wonderfully evil, and it's got friggin sword fights. Works for me. :)

Its been sloppy but no more than most shows that deal with scifi or horror elements. The reason I still watch is that the show is just a lot of fun. It deals with human relationships are interesting, the villains are wonderfully evil, and it's got friggin sword fights. Works for me. :)

Exactly. Not every show is going to be an 'A' show. There is nothing wrong with following a few 'B's along the way too  B) . I view shows like 24, Prison Break, Lost, Walking Dead, etc as 'A' listers but there are lots of really good 'B's out there! I have a friend who only watches 'A's. I believe he is severely limiting his tv-show life lol.

Archived