Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Meriweather out 4-6 weeks (Actually, 2-4 weeks---MET)

chet06

I'd take Reed Doughty over LaRon Landry ANY day of the week.

And I'll qualify that by simply saying if Landry had an ounce of the attitude and commitment that the FAR lesser talented Doughty has to both his craft and his team/ teammates; we'd be now talking about him in Ed Reed terms. Instead of A N Other starting safety in this league.

And I wanted Doughty off the roster bad FWIW.

Hail.

I love character players but when you go up against Brees, Romo sits to pee, Vick and Eli...Reed Daughty's boy scout badge aint going to work

Yeah, this sucks hard. The one silver lining is that, with the exception of the Saints, he's out during the weakest part of our schedule. Hopefully he recovers in 2 weeks, and sits out a 3rd just to be safe, so that when the hard parts of our schedule start around week 6 he'll be full go.

Gomes is probably best bet for SS at this point. He's still developing, but he might turn into something yet.

Finally, I'm making a list of every Safety prospect in college, and watching them. Screw watching CBs, or OL, or whatnot, we should just draft safeties, rounds 2-7.

Im hoping Bernstine emerges eventually. Dudes got 4.3 speed. Yeah' date=' he's a bit raw and needs to learn the game, but Doughty knows the scheme and continues to get dusted anyway. Give Bernstine a shot till Merriweather comes back.[/quote']

Huh, I had no idea he ran in the high 4.3's at his pro-day and once during the combine. I didn't see him making much of an impact in preseason. Although given that we somehow knew other teams were interested enough to where we couldn't sneak him onto the practice squad, that bodes well.

I love character players but when you go up against Brees, Romo sits to pee, Vick and Eli...Reed Daughty's boy scout badge aint going to work

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Doughty/Gomes start against NYG in one of our victories against them last year?

I think a lot of the concerns over the safety position are a bit overblown. Yes, it's a weak spot, but the Skins could do worse. Beyond that, I DEFINITELY don't think the difference between Doughty and Meriweather is enough to acquiesce to defeat already. It's not like he's replacing Ed Reed, and it's not like swapping London Fletcher out for Keenan Robinson. Just my opinion.

Good greif, I see all the chicken littles are out in force today. Man up dudes. You sound like a bunch of whiney John Mara's.:cry::cry::cry:

Look I get you are a homer but the fact is I have never seen our secondary so putrid except when Stanley Richards was the sherrif in town...I hope I am dead wrong and the front 7 apply pressure and our secondary looks awesome..and RGIII lights it up and we run the ball and control the clock and Brees is on the bench for most of the game drinking a swamp water....but if not it could be a long day

Oh, no question. But I wouldn't feel any better with Landry back there with his bad angles, missed tackles, blown assignments et all.

It's a 6 and two three's for me. What one doesn't have in talent, the other doesn't have in discipline between the ears.

Hail.

Reed Daughty must be serving coffee and donuts to the Redskins facility....otherwise there is no explanation for why he is on the team...

He is still on the team because of his excellent special teams play. He's be forced into a starting role pretty much ever season because we haven't had a starter that has stayed healthy. While I completely agree he is a liability in coverage and run tackling it isn't all on him more on the front office not finding starting safeties that stay healthy. With that being said we could always find worse to have as a back up...

Look I get you are a homer but the fact is I have never seen our secondary so putrid except when Stanley Richards was the sherrif in town...I hope I am dead wrong and the front 7 apply pressure and our secondary looks awesome..and RGIII lights it up and we run the ball and control the clock and Brees is on the bench for most of the game drinking a swamp water....but if not it could be a long day

The fact our secondary is below average didnt sneak up on anyone, this is just beating a dead horse. Are we really going to whine because we lost an average player.

We need a craigslist ad for available safeties.
These come with a squat rack:

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/spo/3236660701.html

rack only $350 - $350 (littlestown pa. 17340)

Date: 2012-09-02, 7:18AM EDT

Reply to this post

squat rack with safeties. can use standard or olympic weights. rack has pulleys for lats,tris, one arm crossovers regular and reverse,rowing,curls,etc.... if you have bench you can do bench presses with safeties incline, flat,and decline. rack holds 1200 lbs of olympivc weights for storage call regis 717-359-0332 or 717-398-9104.

Archived