Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Meriweather out 4-6 weeks (Actually, 2-4 weeks---MET)

chet06

I like Gomes and I'm hoping he plays over Doughty but more importantly I hope he can hold up while Merriweather is hurt. Gomes got injured several times last year - never seriously, but he had to come out of games frequently. He even sprained an ankle just jogging down the field with no one around him this year in preseason. We can't afford another injury there...

I didn't like the Meriweather signing from day one. Hopefully, given what I anticipate to be the strength of our front 7, QBs won't have time to do 5 and 7 step drops and the weaknesses at the safety position will be masked. As long we have a strong pass rush and great LBing, we should be ok. But, our plan at safety is looking very poor in hindsight.

Eh now that I've had time to digest this news, I've come to the conclusion that the secondary was already fugly enough with Meriweather.

Exactly.

Meriweather isn't anything to write home about. Our problem at safety isn't that we don't have enough depth, it's that our projected starters should be our depth, and now we've lost a couple of them.

Our pass defense will be heavily reliant on our run defense producing long yardage situations and our pass rush. This is always true for every team, but even moreso this year for the Skins. The only way our secondary becomes a strength is if our depth CBs play well enough to play 1 safety sets, or just to move Hall to FS.

Wow this gets better and better. We let to safety's go and yes I know they both sucked, but still the two we replaced them with wont be playing. So in other words we cut two guys and didn't even replace one of them. So anyone that has Brees should have a lot of fun this week in fantasy football. :(

Damn shame...but I can see that it makes much difference this week to be honest.

Brees can destroy the best. Replacing 'better than average' with 'average'....or there or there about's.... is not gonna make or break us.

We need a combination of things to happen. Brees having a bad day, our front 7 being lights out, someone in the secondary having a career type game...etc etc

That being said, it's still gonna be fun to watch, imo...:D

Im hoping Bernstine emerges eventually. Dudes got 4.3 speed. Yeah' date=' he's a bit raw and needs to learn the game, but Doughty knows the scheme and continues to get dusted anyway. Give Bernstine a shot till Merriweather comes back.[/quote']

Bring it on Baby, I agree:)

JBernstine.jpg

Wow this gets better and better. We let to safety's go and yes I know they both sucked, but still the two we replaced them with wont be playing. So in other words we cut two guys and didn't even replace one of them. So anyone that has Brees should have a lot of fun this week in fantasy football. :(

um....Atogwe is already hurt this year and Landry will be after week 1. So it's an irrelevant "what if" in my opinion

Im hoping Bernstine emerges eventually. Dudes got 4.3 speed. Yeah' date=' he's a bit raw and needs to learn the game, but Doughty knows the scheme and continues to get dusted anyway. Give Bernstine a shot till Merriweather comes back.[/quote']

Gomes is next in line. Gotta give him his shot.

Archived