Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Meriweather out 4-6 weeks (Actually, 2-4 weeks---MET)

chet06

^^ Yeah, just finished watching the press conference. That's so disappointing, but I don't think we should IR him. We need all the help we can get at Safety so even if he comes back week 10-11 it'll be worth it.

Plus, if we IR him now it can send the message to the rest of the team that we think we won't be playing significant games later in the season.

It's ok, Josh... all of us here on ES who have even the slightest inkling of football acumen know that you and Hall are actually playing well. Our issue is at Safety and, for the most part, they actually played well yesterday. How about Pugh? He did well.

But, still, Josh shouldn't air that out. He should only say things like he's confident in his abilities to shut guys down no matter who they are or how much help he has out in public. Behind closed doors go off on whomever did wrong.

Im actually intrigued by his return. But he's certainly let me down before.

I hope his rehab went well, but I would imagine that it will be quite awhile before he is in "football shape". I would think he has been pretty inactive while rehabbing the hip(s)/ If he could ever get back to his former (Saints) self it would be great. Oline always needs help. Shanny needs to resist the urge to put him thru the conditioning test affactionately called "the Haynesworth".

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/redskins-watch/2012/oct/8/reed-doughty-accepts-blame-julio-jones-td-catch-ad/

I appreciate that Doughty takes responsibility. Like I've said before - he's a great guy - just not a very strong player and certainly not someone who is ever going to help us solve our coverage deficiencies.

Wilson is starting to come off like a little *****.

agree, better to keep it in house, but everyone on the planet (including Reed) knows he is not a really strong player.

Doughty said Monday. "I tried to show disguise, and I didn’t get wide enough. I thought Josh made a good attempt at the play, and I was hoping he didn’t get in bounds. But you can’t let a disguise ruin the coverage. I’ve got to get over there quicker.

They know it’s my thing," Doughty said. "If anybody asked me about that after the game, I would have told them. I sat in the locker room and was open to questions, and I left. I’d like to take care of that within our room. We know whose fault it is, and I’ll take the blame for that, and we’ll go out there and try to be better.

It's ok, Josh... all of us here on ES who have even the slightest inkling of football acumen know that you and Hall are actually playing well. Our issue is at Safety and, for the most part, they actually played well yesterday. How about Pugh? He did well.

But, still, Josh shouldn't air that out. He should only say things like he's confident in his abilities to shut guys down no matter who they are or how much help he has out in public. Behind closed doors go off on whomever did wrong.

:ols:You added that second part right on time. I was about to say that Wilson really needs to STFU. He got burned later on in the game for Atlanta's longest play from scrimmage.

Talk to each other, not the media. I'll never understand that ****.

He shouldn't have let it out in public, but I understand his frustration. On defense, it's all about being able to trust the guy next to you to do his job. When a guy blows his assignment trying to disguise the coverage, and it makes you look bad, you're going to get upset about it. If you read the board yesterday, Wilson was getting ripped apart. People don't realize that in cases like these he's actually doing his job and trying to cover for someone else's mistake(Doughty).

agree, better to keep it in house, but everyone on the planet (including Reed) knows he is not a really strong player.

Doughty said Monday. "I tried to show disguise, and I didn’t get wide enough. I thought Josh made a good attempt at the play, and I was hoping he didn’t get in bounds. But you can’t let a disguise ruin the coverage. I’ve got to get over there quicker.

They know it’s my thing," Doughty said. "If anybody asked me about that after the game, I would have told them. I sat in the locker room and was open to questions, and I left. I’d like to take care of that within our room. We know whose fault it is, and I’ll take the blame for that, and we’ll go out there and try to be better.

I know that Reed is not a starting safety. You know it, too. Hell, Reed knows it. But how many other players on the Skins' D have been out of place or missed a tackle/block or blew a coverage and cost us a 1st down or points and then manned up like this or needed to because another player whined about it? Did Wilson publicly complain about the drops by Garcon? The inaccurate passes by RG3 yesterday? Fletcher seemingly slow in pass coverage?

Wilson has been lucky as a lot of times, the player he has covered has simply dropped the ball or been overthrown. He is not as good as his stats would have us believe, but he is the best we can throw out there right now. Same goes for Doughty, if there was a better safety out there, we would sign him. Personally, I don't see what Doughty could have done on that play, perfect throw to a tall receiver on the sideline. That wasn't Wilson's fault, either, as it was a great offensive play.

:ols:You added that second part right on time. I was about to say that Wilson really needs to STFU. He got burned later on in the game for Atlanta's longest play from scrimmage.

Talk to each other, not the media. I'll never understand that ****.

:whew:

:ols:

Archived