Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Meriweather out 4-6 weeks (Actually, 2-4 weeks---MET)

chet06

Not trying to give you a hard time, amigo, but the vast majority of the time I read something like this, it's more about matters related to the perceptions of the poster than an accurate assessment of "the board." :)

Now, as someone who is in a very informed position to assess this board, I'd day that your first sentence was fine, the next phrase is passable as long as you emphasize "sometimes" (I'd say "occasionally" would be a better term) and then each phrase following goes increasingly downhill. :pfft:

But I bet we can all agree that it does get annoying for anyone at some time for whatever reasons, and you do have to love this board to stay with it over the years, just by nature of what internet message boards are like in general.:ols:

Switching gears....even though Brees is going to tear apart our DBs....I would argue that RGIII has as many tools as Brees....Garcon, Morgan, Moss, Fred Davis & Hank...so I think we are very capable of put up a ton of points and matching up with the Saints....and win. I think we will run the ball successfully given their D respecting RGIIIs deep ball. HTTR!!!!:point2sky

You, like many have already resigned yourself to gross negative exxagerated perceptions of one of our own back-up players.

I would like to think most fans are savvy enough to realize that a back-up player should not be held to an all-start level of play.

I respect the hell out of you greenie but I still think Reed Doughty sucks. Again, not as a guy and while he is on the team, hell I'll pull for the guy every damn play that he's on the field. But, he's just not a very good player. And Ok, I can grant you the whole "he's a backup" argument but he has in recent years played too damn much then. Bottom line, Reed Doughty still has his role on this team and I will pull for the guy but I won't shed a tear when he's gone.

I respect the hell out of you greenie but I still think Reed Doughty sucks. Again, not as a guy and while he is on the team, hell I'll pull for the guy every damn play that he's on the field. But, he's just not a very good player. And Ok, I can grant you the whole "he's a backup" argument but he has in recent years played too damn much then. Bottom line, Reed Doughty still has his role on this team and I will pull for the guy but I won't shed a tear when he's gone.
Today's game is a prime example of my point.

You have M. Williams who struggles all game, literally all game.

Then you have Reed who gets an INT to seal the win.

Yet, you respond about how Reed the back-up sucks.

At least give Reed some respect today huh?

Today's game is a prime example of my point.

You have M. Williams who struggles all game, literally all game.

Then you have Reed who gets an INT to seal the win.

Yet, you respond about how Reed the back-up sucks.

At least give Reed some respect today huh?

Cmon Greenie. Really? You know better. You really must think I am an idiot to make that comment. You know DAMN well he isn't even supposed to try and catch that ball. YOU KNOW BETTER. . He's supposed to bat it down and you know it. A MUCH better argument would be to say the staff trusted him enough to have him on the field in that situation. But please, spare me the "he sealed the win" when he will get his ass chewed out in a meeting room this week by Raheem Morris on not batting that ball down as he has been taught for his ENTIRE football life. I don't know if your buddies with him or something but you are really stretching it here. So let me ask you something, was the coaching staff just dumb to have Williams in there all game instead of super-Reed Doughty? There's a reason williams was in there struggling all day - its because even the Shanny's know damn well that Reed Doughty is an absolute last resort.

Cmon Greenie. Really? You know better. You really must think I am an idiot to make that comment. You know DAMN well he isn't even supposed to try and catch that ball. YOU KNOW BETTER. . He's supposed to bat it down and you know it. A MUCH better argument would be to say the staff trusted him enough to have him on the field in that situation. But please, spare me the "he sealed the win" when he will get his ass chewed out in a meeting room this week by Raheem Morris on not batting that ball down as he has been taught for his ENTIRE football life. I don't know if your buddies with him or something but you are really stretching it here. So let me ask you something, was the coaching staff just dumb to have Williams in there all game instead of super-Reed Doughty? There's a reason williams was in there struggling all day - its because even the Shanny's know damn well that Reed Doughty is an absolute last resort.
Why the caps dude?

Would you rather he bat the ball down into someone else hands?

If you can pick the ball clean you pick the ball.

You being all upset over a SUCCESSFUL interception is proof that your dislike of Reed has blinded you to his actual play.

Why resort to the whole 'super-Reed' bit?

Especially when you know its not true?

I clearly spell that out in the post you quoted unless in your haste to disagree you didn't bother to read my whole post.

Saying that Reed isn't as bad you and others make him out to be isn't 'super-Reed'

But, there is no need to continue this dialogue.

You think Reed sucks.

Why let reality get in the way?

-HTTR

---------- Post added September-9th-2012 at 06:55 PM ----------

With the emergence of DJ Gomes, id like to see the Gomes-Merriweather combo. I think that could actually be a pretty decent combo!
I worry about playing a young guy at Free, especially since he's been more of NB/SS for his career college/NFL.

But, between he and Meriweather I guess I would still rather see Gomes.

You gotta have a player you trust at Free, and Meriweather has not proven himself to be an assignement sound S.

lol, rant then edit-erase huh?

At least stand by the bile you spew, lol

I felt I began getting personal. I disagree with your assessment of the talents of one Reed Doughty and you're need to say anyone who disagrees with you lacks football "savvy". That's it. You're a die hard skins, fan - so am I. We won today. We should all be having a good time - not making personal attacks on fellow fans in our forum. I went too far IMO and decided I wanted to pull it back. Sorry you saw it before I pulled it. I appreciate your efforts to bait me back into it but I am done. Hail my friend.

Reed should have spiked the ball instead of catching it, a lot of bad things could have happened compared to barely anything good. However, you don't see too many NFL players pass up that easy int. It can mean a lot of money for them during negotiations.

Reed should have spiked the ball instead of catching it, a lot of bad things could have happened compared to barely anything good. However, you don't see too many NFL players pass up that easy int. It can mean a lot of money for them during negotiations.

You obviously lack Savvy.;)

As hard as it is to except, some people are just complainers. They will always see the glass half empty and never miss an opportunity to whine about something. Its just a fact of life that they exist. My suggestion is just you block them if they do it to persistently.

I felt I began getting personal. I disagree with your assessment of the talents of one Reed Doughty and you're need to say anyone who disagrees with you lacks football "savvy". That's it. You're a die hard skins, fan - so am I. We won today. We should all be having a good time - not making personal attacks on fellow fans in our forum. I went too far IMO and decided I wanted to pull it back. Sorry you saw it before I pulled it. I appreciate your efforts to bait me back into it but I am done. Hail my friend.

I would like to think most fans are savvy enough to realize that a back-up player should not be held to an all-start level of play.

Funny I don't see where I say 'anyone who disagrees with me lacks savvy'

I don't know maybe if you actually respond to what I write as opposed to misquoting you wouldn't have such a problem.

And I was having a good time happy Reed was able to stop that hail mary.

-Cheers

-HTTR

Funny I don't see where I say 'anyone who disagrees with me lacks savvy'

I don't know maybe if you actually respond to what I write as opposed to misquoting you wouldn't have such a problem.

And I was having a good time happy Reed was able to stop that hail mary.

-Cheers

-HTTR

So you think your quote about how most fans would be savvy enough to realize that a back up player should not be held to an all-star level of play should not rationally be interpreted to suggest that that's what I said? Seriously? I tried to let this go but your thick man. Can you now pull a quote from me where I said that back up players should be held to an all-star level of play? Please - find that for me would you? Funny, I don't see where I said that backup players whoudl be held to an all-start level of play (whatever the hell an "all-start level of play" is). The reason you can't find it is because I didn't say it. YOU decided that because I don't worship at the alter of Reed Doughty I lack "savvy". Nobody said backups should be as good as starters. You implied that others said it when they didn't.

By the way genius, have you taken a look at that blocked punt today and figured out who missed their assignment yet?

We should probably just agree to disagree. You think Reed Doughty is good and that people who think he isn't necessarily hold him to the standard of starters. I don't. I think Reed Doughty is a player who should be on the field as little as possible because he is a profound liability in coverage. You think that guy should be covering NFL wide recievers for the team you root for. You justify it with the interception he made on a hail mary he should have batted down and you call him a special teams strength while I say he is almost single handedly responsible for our blocked punt today. We disagree. Its ok. If you want to continue to try and convince the thread that Reed Doughty is good by all means, go ahead.

You'll want to start here genius:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBd0wpwq7dE

So you think your quote about how most fans would be savvy enough to realize that a back up player should not be held to an all-star level of play should not rationally be interpreted to suggest that that's what I said? Seriously? I tried to let this go but your thick man. Can you now pull a quote from me where I said that back up players should be held to an all-star level of play? Please - find that for me would you? Funny, I don't see where I said that backup players whoudl be held to an all-start level of play (whatever the hell an "all-start level of play" is). The reason you can't find it is because I didn't say it. YOU decided that because I don't worship at the alter of Reed Doughty I lack "savvy". Nobody said backups should be as good as starters. You implied that others said it when they didn't.
Thick, huh?

Well.

You are the one that seems to be having profound struggles with the comprehension.

Despite my clearly stated point you chosen to interpret a clearly stated thought into your own self deprecating message.

If the shoe doesn't fit don't wear it.

Can you now pull a quote from me where I said that back up players should be

held to an all-star level of play?

Where did I say that you said the above? How about this, you show me where I wrote that first okay?

By the way genius, have you taken a look at that blocked punt today and

figured out who missed their assignment yet?

Even in jest there is a piece of truth, so I'm glad you recognize my genius.

I looked at the block punt yesterday and Reed did miss that block.

But, if Sundberg doesn't break his arm on that play I wonder if that guy comes up the middle clean like that.

We should probably just agree to disagree.
I came to that conclusion a long time ago. Just didn't expect to be insulted b/c of it.
You think that guy should be covering NFL wide recievers for the team you

root for.

You have no problem writing things you know are complete fiction.

Kudos.

You justify it with the interception he made on a hail mary he should

have batted down and you call him a special teams strength while I say he is

almost single handedly responsible for our blocked punt today.

lol, I don't justify anything with the interception its something that happened.

But for some reason, lol, his successful interception really seems to get under your skin.

Even if he was 'supposed' to knock it down, did he not make a successful play by securing the interception and removing the chance of a Saints player even touching the ball?

And yes Reed missed a block, I'm sure he was the only player to make a mistake yesterday.

We disagree. Its ok.
Keep telling that to yourself and maybe you'll believe it and start posting like you believe it.

-Hail

---------- Post added September-10th-2012 at 06:52 AM ----------

I'm gonna put you on ignore and re-state my view of Reed and leave it at that.

-Hail

Now because I've responed to your repsonse post don't jump to the conclusion that I'm saying Reed is an allstar because I'm not.

Clearly Reed is a limited player.

However, Reed is a qualtity back-up that's been able to come in and hold his end.

I would love it if we found a Safety or 2 that are better then Doughty.

Nothing would make me happier.

I just question the margin of difference between Meriweather and Reed.

If Meriweather is better at all its not by much.

Personally, I think Jordan Bernstine has the physical skillset to eventually be the best S on the roster.

And Gomes is already starting to prove himself as a solid player.

I would be FASCINATED to see if he actually got cut from our team if he would be in the league. Seriously. That is how bad I feel about reed doughty's play. Again, love rooting for the guy as a person. But I literally cringe at the thought of him covering ANYONE on the saints.
Well considering he's a solid back-up safety and core special teammer and he's survived 2 regime changes odds are that if he was released he would be picked up by some team as a back-up.

Well don't worry, your gonna have plenty to complain about.

DBs and LBs get beat every game.

And the Saints drop nearly 300+ yards a game, they do it to every from the Colts to the 49ers.

So i'm sure there are gonna be plays where Reed gets beat in coverage and you can ignore everyone elses negative plays and focus on the plays where Reed gets beat.

Hysterical that you cut out the savvy line. Maybe you read it and realized that it was insulting and clearly directed at me. But you aren't a big enough man to admit when you're wrong (hence still using the phrase "dude" at 35 years old) - so you just ran with it. Here's another thing for you to chew on genius, I love your interpretation of why your special team stud missed his assignment - becase Sundberg Broke his arm? That's hysterical and truly demonstrates who I am dealing with here. Why don't you try loking at the play again and asking not how you can defend that ridiculous boneheaded missed assign,ment from your boyfriend and instead see if Doughty's blown assignment contributed to the injury. Wow man, for someone who clearly fancies himself a brilliant football mind and has no problem suggesting others can't keep up with it, you really don't know your ass from a hole inthe ground. Please explain to me how Sundberg breakin his arm led to your boyfriend completely whiffing on his assignment and taking the man further inside? How on God's green earth can you even throw that out there with any kind of credibility. You literally get dumber (I mean more "savvy")with each post. And you should definitely put me on ignore and run away before you embarrass yourself any further Genius.

Hysterical that you cut out the savvy line. Maybe you read it and realized that it was insulting and clearly directed at me. But you aren't a big enough man to admit when you're wrong (hence still using the phrase "dude" at 35 years old) - so you just ran with it. Here's another thing for you to chew on genius' date=' I love your interpretation of why your special team stud missed his assignment - becase Sundberg Broke his arm? That's hysterical and truly demonstrates who I am dealing with here. Why don't you try loking at the play again and asking not how you can defend that ridiculous boneheaded missed assign,ment from your boyfriend and instead see if Doughty's blown assignment contributed to the injury. Wow man, for someone who clearly fancies himself a brilliant football mind and has no problem suggesting others can't keep up with it, you really don't know your ass from a hole inthe ground. Please explain to me how Sundberg breakin his arm led to your boyfriend completely whiffing on his assignment and taking the man further inside? How on God's green earth can you even throw that out there with any kind of credibility. You literally get dumber (I mean more "savvy")with each post. And you should definitely put me on ignore and run away before you embarrass yourself any further Genius.[/quote']

---------- Post added September-10th-2012 at 10:43 AM ----------

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRa2furoEuWnU1riAefm1AH8A-ppcuWZuh_hzdcg5-3HZwFNIqiVFQBVzOk

Stop reporting posts that you think are "rude" because someone doesn't agree with you.

We're not going to ban someone for you because they disagree with you. Though, I'm about to ban you for doing this at least 3 times.

So knock it off. Kthxby:)

Archived