Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Your personal circles of hell

Spaceman Spiff

I have two personal hells.

1) Insecurity - Really sucks when you are a musician. I love creating, but I am so sensitive when someone hates my work. I work hard and only play songs that I create and love. Some people love it and some people hate it. Typical. The people that hate it stick out in my mind and it really bothers me. When people compliment me, it goes in one ear and out the other. Not sure what to do about it. I think I get offended because I put so much effort into my music. If I play a cover song and someone hates it, I just shrug my shoulders and tell them I couldn't care less. But an original (which I play mostly), that is totally different.

2) Planes - Already been said. I went to the doctor and got pills to take. Best thing ever. Does not help with the three months of anticipation prior to flying, but it helps with the flight itself. Flew to Greece from Orlando (layover in NY). I forget how long the flight was, 13 hours maybe? I slept the whole time. I had 8 other friends with me at the time. They all complained about how long the flight was when we landed. Didn't bother me a bit.

When I flew back from Salt Lake City to Huntsville (AL) with a layover in Atlanta, I do not remember the flight from Atlanta to Huntsville. My wife said I was out as soon as I buckled up. I didn't wake up until we were ready to unload. Best flight ever.

The day before flying, I will make sure I have a really fun day. Eat steak, play with my dogs, shred on the guitar and etc.....I act like it is the last day of my life.

Maryland. i hate this friggin' state and i can't wait to get the **** out of here.

Make that the entire mid-Atlantic region.

You can't SEE anything. Holy crap, everything in MD is jumbled over and cramped.

Your average view in MD is about 50 feet. So, unless you like looking at weed choked kudzu laden highway sides and cookie cutter shopping centers and developments, it sucks.

Nevermind there's FIVE HUNDRED ZILLION PEOPLE HERE and they are ALL DRIVING AT THE SAME TIME ALL THE TIME.

It has it's nice spots, and I live in one of them. The water's nice. but damn, once you get away from it, interesting landscape is few and very far between. It blows.

~Bang

Not to mention that Maryland drivers are the worst in the whole country.

Try being Mr. Whitey and trying to do ethnic hair. That's it's own special kind of hell.

LOL> wow, sorry but I have nephews that are ethnic and they always want me to shave their heads or do designs, I am a kitchen guy damit not a hairdresser. lol.

---------- Post added August-31st-2012 at 10:02 AM ----------

Not to mention that Maryland drivers are the worst in the whole country.

I have travel quite a bit by car and by plane, driving on the Interstates is worse than having to deal with an airport, which I hate both. Driving anymore I try and find the back roads to avoid the Interstates, make the trip much more pleasant and the people are better too.

TRAFFIC

I don't know how people do it everyday. I have so much anger when I sit in traffic. You could pay me a billion dollars and I wouldn't do that everyday for work. People that commute for a hour or longer in traffic are insane to me.

lol...I work 4 miles from home, and pass 4 of my co-workers' places on the way there. Something about the Stone Mountain/Tucker area. We stay local.

Watching sporting events I care about with large groups of people who don't know anything. I'm DREADING Thanksgiving this year when the Skins tee it up in Dallas and family is all around being annoying.

I know my bro-in-law & I will be glued to the tv...forget the friggin' awesome food. We're the only Redskins fans on the scene, (the blanket my mom made me is cooler than his), and I know the resident Falcons fans hate Dallas, so it's all good. Just the kids asking questions every 5 seconds..."why didn't they run?" or "that was stupid, they shoulda gone for it on 4th and 8"...that's my frustration.

Oh, and...

Shopping mall, particularly on a busy day. I'm not claustrophobic, I just hate everyone.

I know you're not my husband?lol...the stupid public drives both of us nuts. People having a phone conversation in the MIDDLE of the grocery aisle, etc. We both have a problem with people who don't walk with a purpose...that may be weird, but get done doing what you're doing and get out of other peoples' way. Just makes the world flow better. (There's actually a suburb here where you must back into your driveway. (Sure makes getting out of a subdivision or apartment complex easier in the morning, huh?) Just a common sense thing, and maybe I have too much time to think.

LOL> wow, sorry but I have nephews that are ethnic and they always want me to shave their heads or do designs, I am a kitchen guy damit not a hairdresser. lol

My neice lives with us. She's bi-racial. Holy hell trying to un-knot her hair...let's just say I'm glad she' too old for me to wash her hair anymore. That was the worst part of the week. Every once in a while my wife will take her to the salon to have it straightened...which gives her a week off from hair duty.

lol...We both have a problem with people who don't walk with a purpose...that may be weird, but get done doing what you're doing and get out of other peoples' way. Just makes the world flow better.

Not weird, I agree with this. This is part of the reason I stay away from Wal-Mart. My wife and I were walking through a theme park one time and everyone was poking along. We couldn't get through. We walk faster than everyone else. I said to my wife "everyone is walking like they just **** their pants." As soon as I said that a couple of people moved to the side and let us through. I didn't think it was loud enough for everyone to hear, but it worked. :)

Mine would be.....

1)Getting Happy Birthday sung to you at a restaurant. Everyone is looking at you.... where am i supposed to look? Scan the crowd with a big stupid grin on my face? Stare at the cake? 1000 yard stare straight ahead? It's just awkward and it sucks. When i was in high school my friends and I would mess around and tell the server it was someone's birthday and they needed a fat free dessert. Fun times unless it was my turn.

2) People that need their hand held at work WITH EVERYTHING! You know those people.... have to reminded about meetings beforehand, any change in anything they need to be personally addressed... never mind the millions of emails, pre-shifts and posting of those emails in popular spots around work.

3) Sundays evenings after a Redskins loss. Especially a stupid loss to a stupid team when it's a meaningful game. While most of the sane people in America are kicking back enjoying Sunday Night Football.... I'm off sulking too annoyed to even watch anything to do with sports so i don't see highlights, scores or stats.

4) A public restroom where you have to clean up before you can even attempt any sort of business because all 5 stalls have some glaring issue, but there is no way to make it home.

I'm impatient at the best of times, so traffic and slow moving crowds if I'm in a hurry. The only solution is to give myself huge extra time and dawdle along like the rest of the jellyfish floating in the tide.

When I commuted a lot I accepted traffic. But now I don't I hate travel where I'm not in control of the schedule, planes included.

---------- Post added September-1st-2012 at 09:50 AM ----------

Visiting with my Fundamentalist anti-intellectual in-laws after my wife begs me to not argue with them over a three day weekend.

Well stop coming to visit us then.

Archived