Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wednesday 8/29: Last preseason game tweets, with occasional what-not along the way

then thats not the complete package ;). what good is the route running and speed if ya can't hold on to the ball...or should we just change his name to Clifford Franklin? ;)

My point was I don't think it's his hands right now as much as he just needs to get comfortable at the position much like Hankerson did. Is he the next Shannon Sharpe? Absolutely not. But he's got the skill set I think he just needs to stop pressing. I agree, if the man continues to catch the ball like Carlos Rogers when he was here, eventually Shanahan's not going to continue to give him shots. But I think Shanahan's words, plus what he sees in practice that we don't leads him to believe Paul can be exactly what he wants.

Also...somewhere Gano is probably saying, "Really?" At least Cundiff's kickoffs have been perfect. lol

Am I the only that is annoyed by the people who seem to be way too quick to boo our players in the preseason...

I thought it was poor taste when they ran down the boos on Grossman last game but didnt like how they booed the new kicker at the first chance they got.

My point was I don't think it's his hands right now as much as he just needs to get comfortable at the position much like Hankerson did. Is he the next Shannon Sharpe? Absolutely not. But he's got the skill set I think he just needs to stop pressing. I agree, if the man continues to catch the ball like Carlos Rogers when he was here, eventually Shanahan's not going to continue to give him shots. But I think Shanahan's words, plus what he sees in practice that we don't leads him to believe Paul can be exactly what he wants.

Also...somewhere Gano is probably saying, "Really?" At least Cundiff's kickoffs have been perfect. lol

lol I agree with the Gano comment...lol.

As for Paul, I am glad that they are trying to keep him, I think he had potential last year. But the moving him to TE...as I said...I'm in wait and see mode.

Is Briscoe practice squad eligible? Maybe we are putting him on the shelf tonight so that there isn't anymore tape on him.

With the emergence of Morris, do we look to trader Royster or Helu? Might need to keep all 4 since backs tend to miss time, need the rotation.

Give Paul some time. He is going through some growing pains but I think he will become a nice weapon 1-2 years down the road.

That's pretty much exactly what I'm saying. But in the meantime, if RG3 goes to him on an easy 3rd down completion and he drops it like he has been in preseason in the regular season...I'm going to be upset because that's the easy part of his job.

Am I the only that is annoyed by the people who seem to be way too quick to boo our players in the preseason...

I thought it was poor taste when they ran down the boos on Grossman last game but didnt like how they booed the new kicker at the first chance they got.

Yes I agree the guy has 1 day of practice with the holder, and our idiot fans boo him...

Look at Reed comin up poppin guys. His second or third good hit!

Right? Where the hell did that come from? I guess everyone realizes there job is on the line tonight, people are lookin good. This is the kind of game I want to see a couple times this year when we play weaker opponents. We haven't been able to come out and put ****ty teams away in a long time. Always ugly wins when they shouldn't have to be.

Is Briscoe practice squad eligible? Maybe we are putting him on the shelf tonight so that there isn't anymore tape on him.

With the emergence of Morris, do we look to trader Royster or Helu? Might need to keep all 4 since backs tend to miss time, need the rotation.

no Briscoe is not eligible and if he was then he would not make it past the waivers anyways.

Definitely not, imo, Royster has looked good tonight and did last year. Helu, who people have kind of forgotten how electric he was last year because we really haven't seen him all preseason, has shown some real explosion on the edge and making people miss. It took him all of 1 or 2 runs to remind me exactly why I think he's the best back on our roster when healthy.

no Briscoe is not eligible and if he was then he would not make it past the waivers anyways.

Hmm then I'm thinking we go with 7 WRs now that Cooley is gone. Garcon, Morgan, Hankerson, Moss, Armstrong, Briscoe, Robinson. Briscoe not active on gamedays, Armstrong is 7th because of speed and ST gunner.

People need to figure out that guys who catch 400 yards and 6 touchdowns the previous year will not make it to the practice squad, let alone be eligible. The practice squad is for undrafted and one year guys, it is not for established players.

---------- Post added August-29th-2012 at 08:30 PM ----------

No way we keep 7 receivers and 3 tightends

That's not going to endear Helu to Shanny....got to step out of bounds there. Really dumb play.

---------- Post added August-29th-2012 at 08:34 PM ----------

Smart play by Cousins there. Knew how much time he had, didn't force it.

Yeah Helu definitely got greedy there. Was headed out of bounds then at the last second realized if he could make one guy miss he was probably in the endzone so he went for it and actually was a shoestring tackle away from it too. But in that situation you just have to be smart and get out of bounds...took another 10 seconds off the clock.

That's not going to endear Helu to Shanny....got to step out of bounds there. Really dumb play.

---------- Post added August-29th-2012 at 08:34 PM ----------

Smart play by Cousins there. Knew how much time he had, didn't force it.

I think Cousins had more than enough room to run it in.... he should have taken off for the endzone

---------- Post added August-29th-2012 at 07:42 PM ----------

First half...... Tampa 38 yards. Skins 233 yards.

-Good job defense!!

Archived