Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wednesday 8/29: Last preseason game tweets, with occasional what-not along the way

I was reading what Pollian said the other week that he's never seen any collegiate QB outside of Marino with a faster release.

That's some freaking praise and comparison.

Hail.

Honestly? It's damn near freakish to me at times when I see some of the passes Griffin pulls off. I kept hearing how the ball "exploded" out of his hands, and chalked it up to journalistic hyperbole. Not any more lol...that was a completely accurate description. :yes:

Honestly? It's damn near freakish to me at times when I see some of the passes Griffin pulls off. I kept hearing how the ball "exploded" out of his hands, and chalked it up to journalistic hyperbole. Not any more lol...that was a completely accurate description. :yes:

Honestly. Polian that picked that dude Peyton something.

I was blown away when a GM of his magnitude compared our guy to Dan freaking Marino.

Hail.

Skins got ripped on PTI for not playing RG III tonight. Those guys...

---------- Post added August-29th-2012 at 06:22 PM ----------

I was reading what Pollian said the other week that he's never seen any collegiate QB outside of Marino with a faster release.

That's some freaking praise and comparison.

Hail.

Nooooo, he holds on to the ball too long, haven't you heard!!!!!

Playing time really doesn't matter for Griffin in the preseason. Like he said, preseason games don't test him as much as practice does. Facing a vanilla defense, while running a vanilla offense, isn't going to prepare him any better than everyday against Haslett's full arsenal will.

Man, I have had it with some of the media.

Either they have some serious vendetta against the Redskins and/or Snyder, or they can't comprehend the simplest aspects of football. I didn't play football much, but I have followed it pretty much my whole life. It's just somethings you should get from looking from the outside and there are somethings you can't.

It's the freaking fourth pre-seaon game, nobody plays anybody worth something in this game and they don't have to. What could RG3 benefit from during this game. :doh:

Then these idiots like Wise talking about Cooley and fans bleeding. :ols:

Thank God for the good people out there who can cover the Redskins unbiased and actually comprehend the things that are going on, but for the idiots who don't know or want to ignore, all I can say is stop acting so dumb and wake the heck up. Things are different around here...

I will admit, I am a little mad because I can't watch the game until 10pm because of school, but don't act like these idiots don't deserve it. :D

To be fair, it's a valid point on Griff.

31 plays to get ready for full NFL action? This could well be a RUDE awakening in NO's in Week One.

Hail.

I hear you man, but when you add those 31 plays to 2 mini-camps and a training camp, I think he at least understands what he needs to do for this first game. Shoot, for all we know playing in this 4th game might hurt his preparation. :ols:

Here's a what-not for you: both NFL.com and PFT have reports about Griffin's headphones.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000056250/article/why-robert-griffin-iii-ditched-pregame-headphones

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/29/rg3-loses-his-headphones-after-sonny-jurgensen-criticizes-them/

They are saying that he stopped wearing headphones pregame because Sonny criticized them during a recent broadcast.

All I can say to this story is . . . Really?

I hear you man, but when you add those 31 plays to 2 mini-camps and a training camp, I think he at least understands what he needs to do for this first game. Shoot, for all we know playing in this 4th game might hurt his preparation. :ols:

Worst thing that could happen is an injury. If we're resting our starters then we're resting our oline and WRs. No use in getting Robert killed while trying to build chemistry with players he'll throw to ten times this season, if that.

The media is cray.

Hey, I'm down with what the staff think is best.

But it's gota' be somewhat of a concern. I'd of liked to of seen him out there some tonight, getting pressure and having to move around in the pocket. Hell, with the second string line, even having him getting hit might not of been a bad thing. And I appreciate the injury risk, but this is football. And he's been virtually untouched thus far as to what awaits him a week Sunday.

Hail.

Literally can't stand Wilbon...

I still watch their show whenever I can, but I abso****inglutely cannot listen to them talk 'Skins, especially Wilbon. I think part of it may be due to the beef with the WaPo, and being friends with McNabb, but dude is about as uninformed/****y as they come.

Here's a what-not for you: both NFL.com and PFT have reports about Griffin's headphones.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000056250/article/why-robert-griffin-iii-ditched-pregame-headphones

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/29/rg3-loses-his-headphones-after-sonny-jurgensen-criticizes-them/

They are saying that he stopped wearing headphones pregame because Sonny criticized them during a recent broadcast.

All I can say to this story is . . . Really?

Athletes wear headphones nowadays. He should be able to wear whatever the hell he wants.

Archived