Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wednesday 8/29: Last preseason game tweets, with occasional what-not along the way

Agreed. Niles hasn't done anything to impress me this preseason. Apparently Shanny still likes his potential I guess.

I just have a feeling he is trying to fit a square peg in a round hole because for some reason he thought Paul was the next Sharp.

I just have a feeling he is trying to fit a square peg in a round hole because for some reason he thought Paul was the next Sharp.

I disagree - I can see why Shanahan is high on him. He has excellent speed and athleticism, he's a matchup nightmare, he's a good and physical blocker - he's really what you want at that position.

The ONLY problem so far is he seems to have completely forgotten how to catch the ball. At this rate he'd probably lead the league in drops. So I can see why they like him - if he could hold on to the ball he would be a legitimate threat to go with his blocking...I would not have guessed holding on to the ball would be his biggest problem though.

Don't get me wrong, I've been extremely disappointed because I think he can be such a threat...there's no excuse for all these drops.

Nice run by Royster after underwhelming us for the past 3 weeks.

???

week 1:

7 for 21

week 2:

2 runs for 20 yards

didn't play week 3 injured

so far8 for 28, 1 TD

2 for 15 in receiving

for the vanilla offense, I think tats pretty good

I disagree - I can see why Shanahan is high on him. He has excellent speed and athleticism, he's a matchup nightmare, he's a good and physical blocker - he's really what you want at that position.

The ONLY problem so far is he seems to have completely forgotten how to catch the ball. At this rate he'd probably lead the league in drops. So I can see why they like him - if he could hold on to the ball he would be a legitimate threat to go with his blocking...I would not have guessed holding on to the ball would be his biggest problem though.

Don't get me wrong, I've been extremely disappointed because I think he can be such a threat...there's no excuse for all these drops.

all I'm saying is I don't see what he saw in him as a TE...I'm still in wait and see mode with him.

all I'm saying is I don't see what he saw in him as a TE...I'm still in wait and see mode with him.

I guess we disagree then because I see pretty much the complete package in Paul except, so far, the hands. And I think that so far it's been because he's pressing like Hankerson did last year. I mean the guy is a former receiver...although he did have some bad drops at Nebraska too.

Man all of these linebackers are making it insanely tough. Kehl, Robinson, Jackson, Wilson, White. Ton of guys talented enough to be on this team

Yup!! When you watch the different preseason games, EVERYONE is making plays. You see a nice open field tack or a great pass defense and it's not one particular person.

I guess we disagree then because I see pretty much the complete package in Paul except, so far, the hands. And I think that so far it's been because he's pressing like Hankerson did last year. I mean the guy is a former receiver...although he did have some bad drops at Nebraska too.

then thats not the complete package ;). what good is the route running and speed if ya can't hold on to the ball...or should we just change his name to Clifford Franklin? ;)

Give Paul some time. He is going through some growing pains but I think he will become a nice weapon 1-2 years down the road.

Man all of these linebackers are making it insanely tough. Kehl, Robinson, Jackson, Wilson, White. Ton of guys talented enough to be on this team

WRs

LBs

OLs

All these positions will be tough cuts....don't think they have the luxury for 7 wrs this year, with OL/LB being position that made need depth due to possible injury.,

Archived