Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wednesday 8/29: Last preseason game tweets, with occasional what-not along the way

never thought i'd enjoy the last preseason game this much. the score doesn't really matter here, but the depth and competitive spirit of our backups gives me a lot of excitement for week 1.

as said so often before, cuts are going to be tough.

lol. on the tampa bay feed john lynch is giving props to our fight song.

Not sure there's a WR thread but are you guys very impressed with the RB and WR battle tonight? Of course its against scrubs, but both Helu and Royster are playing more like their peaks last year. Can Morris be stashed on the practice squad with teams like the Jets, Lions and Chargers looking for running back help? Man, I am glad I don't have to figure that out!

Austin had a few good grabs, Banks got behind the safeties (tape will tell if a starter safety would have let that happen), Armstrong is getting into the mix. Robinson had a good kickoff return but missed a difficult catch on a tipped ball.

I think we all feel that there are 2 spots available after Garcon, Moss, Hankerson, Morgan. Maybe we keep 7 WR's with Banks as a "specialty" again, and when Jamaal Brown comes back week 7, Robinson or Banks played themselves out of a job.

Cousins again looks very good.

Nice return by A.Robinson. I bet he thought he was gone for a sec there

---------- Post added August-29th-2012 at 08:51 PM ----------

There is Briscoe. He looks good....Keeper!!

Bingo, I have been calling for AR to return KOs or Ps. I wish he was our primary.

I am honestly thinking that Highertower gets the axe. I know this isn't a popular opinion because the guy can protect the quarterback, but he lacks the vision that Royster and Morris bring to the table. He certainly doesn't have Helu's burst and game-breaking ability, either.

never thought i'd enjoy the last preseason game this much. the score doesn't really matter here, but the depth and competitive spirit of our backups gives me a lot of excitement for week 1.

as said so often before, cuts are going to be tough.

Yeah It's been really fun watching the guys this preseason. I can't recall a time when we've been this deep at every position. It's pretty exciting.

Archived