Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wednesday 8/29: Last preseason game tweets, with occasional what-not along the way

Cousins being the #2 probably depends on what our record is if RG3 goes down. If it's mathematically possible to make the playoffs, I think they go with Rex. If it's mathematically impossible, it might be a good idea to get Cousins some regular season reps to boost his trade value.

There's more depth on this team than we've had in a long, long time. That's the takeaway.

Amen to that. This team has some really tough decisions to make on the 53 man roster. In years past we were wishing there was enough talent just to fill those spots and have a decent team.

Had class tonight, get home and its a blowout.

So what did I miss? If no one responds I'll have to read through 17 pages of this thread tomorrow.

Strong play by both Royster and Helu. Neither got hurt, which was a bonus. Helu showed his quickness and actually broke a few tackles. The WR group is wide open. Banks had some electrifying plays in each of the return, passing and running games. Armstrong had a nice catch. Really hard to tell who will be let go between Robinson (practice squad again maybe?), Armstrong, Briscoe, Austin and Banks.

Crawford and Jones in our secondary looked sharp. Kehl actually caught an INT and ran it back about 30 yards. Good plays by our entire defense tonight.

Cundiff missed a mid-40 yard field goal, very wide right.

Had class tonight, get home and its a blowout.

So what did I miss? If no one responds I'll have to read through 17 pages of this thread tomorrow.

Our backups completely dominated their backups. The running game looks good. Cundiff is an upgrade over Gano. Bruce Allen is doing a great job.

I just don't see us doing that again, maybe it's me being biased, but so many bodies at one position hurts the depth of others, I'd rather keep an extra Olineman/Delineman or Linebacker then keep 7 WR's

It's not so much about the depth of others, but the focus on whom can clear waivers for practice squad. Those guys that have no chance of clearing will be on the 53 first.

I just don't see us doing that again, maybe it's me being biased, but so many bodies at one position hurts the depth of others, I'd rather keep an extra Olineman/Delineman or Linebacker then keep 7 WR's

Had a slot to sacrifice last year. Don't think we've got one this year and will probably go heavy at HB.

Grant Paulsen

‏@granthpaulsen

Evan Royster says he suffered a stinger and left the game for precautionary reasons. Says he feels fine now. #Redskins

---------- Post added August-29th-2012 at 10:22 PM ----------

Tarik El-Bashir

‏@TarikElBashir

Richard Crawford said he's had a sinus infection past two weeks. Just got over it. Knee is fine. #RedskinsTalk

Here's some whatnot for you. I don't have the link because ESPN took it down immediately, but the recap immediately following the game was SCATHING towards the Redskins. It poked fun at the Redskins for releasing Gano, made fun of our depth, and zinged Shanahan. Unfortunately it was gone before I could get the entire paragraph, but the final line was this...

Per ESPN:

The Redkins proved that the backups on a consensus last place team can beat the backups on a consensus last place team, whatever that is worth

This is impartial journalism? Why take it down so fast? I don't usually let this kind of thing get to me, but I am fired up about ESPN taking the time to take potshots at the Redskins after they, even though it was the last preseason game, dominated an opponent. Boy I wish I could find that article. Anyway....Hail, awesome to see the B&G dominate anything again :)

Edit:

The last place team sentence is still in the full recap. http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=320829028

Linebackers, Wide Receivers and Safeties are easily our toughest decisions.

Linebackers I have no idea: Robinson and Alexander are locks but between Kehl, Wilson, Jackson, and White, you are going to be losing some serious talent

Safeties: I assume Jackson, Meriweather and Williams are locks. Then you have Doughty, Bernstine and Gomes Who all looked very Good tonight. Going to be tough to lose 1 or 2 of those guys.

Wideouts: Before today I had it as Briscoe and Robinson as locks but Banks and Armstrong really showed up today.

Overall, I love the depth of this football team. It's going to be tough to say goodbye to some of these talented players

Rich Tandler

‏@Rich_Tandler

Instant analysis: Banks both helps and hurts his cause vs. Bucs #Redskins #RedskinsTalk http://bit.ly/OsCnd6

---------- Post added August-29th-2012 at 10:25 PM ----------

what about Bernstine guys? 3-1 and int :)

I like Bernstine also, but practice squad seems like his designation, I doubt we keep 5 safeties

Here's some whatnot for you. I don't have the link because ESPN took it down immediately, but the recap immediately following the game was SCATHING towards the Redskins. It poked fun at the Redskins for releasing Gano, made fun of our depth, and zinged Shanahan. Unfortunately it was gone before I could get the entire paragraph, but the final line was this...

Per ESPN:

This is impartial journalism? Why take it down so fast? I don't usually let this kind of thing get to me, but I am fired up about ESPN taking the time to take potshots at the Redskins after they, even though it was the last preseason game, dominated an opponent. Boy I wish I could find that article. Anyway....Hail, awesome to see the B&G dominate anything again :)

Edit:

The last place team sentence is still in the full recap. http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=320829028

Nice

I swear i associate ESPN with a tabloid anymore....just trashy.

Archived