Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cuts from Around the NFL (That Might Help the Redskins---MET)

mrjoolius

Any word on who the Skins have cut?

I wouldn't be surprised if Brandon Banks is gone. With Satana, Crowford, Paul all making good returns, we don't have the luxury of carring a KR/PR who can't play WR. Brisco has a better shot making the team.

. Don't be surprise if Brandon Banks is on the cut list. Yesterday was a tryout for other possibilities at the return game and it was shown that others can do the job plus produce on offense or defense.

You know what gets me?...Back when Rock Cartwright was still here and returning kicks, he was roundly criticized because, while he could get you a consistently decent return, people here said he was never a threat to take it all the way. "That's what we need, someone who's a threat to score on every kick return!!" was the mantra against him.

Now that we have someone who is legitimately a scoring threat on kick returns, all we hear is that he can be "easily replaced" by guys who--wait for it--will get you consistently decent returns...but haven't been a threat to score. :ols:...

Shanahan was asked in a press conference if the split he'll end up with was 25 offense, 25 defense and 3 special teams. He more or less blew that simplistic take out of the water lol. ..

Sure, but when you look at the limited number of players left for the defense then an extra TE or extra HB may appear more of a luxury than that one extra player you want to keep for the LB or DB.

DarthTater - too heavy {9} for the Sept roster.

5 starters + LeRibeus + Gettis + a swing T = 8. But Skins don't have any T/G backups - - they are all G/C. I'd worry about having only one backup T. I don't think the Skins want to put LeRibeus or Gettis on the practice squad but I suppose the second swing T could be put there instead. I'd love to see the Skins snag a rookie T from another team's practice squad if he's a upgrade on the current backups.

The Bills announced that they placed tight end Mike Caussin on reserve/PUP, Released wide receiver David Clowney, along with cornerback Prince Miller

Also released were: Linebacker Danny Batten, defensive end Sean Ferguson, tight end Fendi Onobun, defensive tackle Jay Ross, wide receiver Derek Session, defensive back Nick Sukay and guard Jake Vermiglio

---------- Post added August-26th-2012 at 05:36 PM ----------

Tennessee Titans: placed receiver Marc Mariani on IR, safety Markelle Martin on reserve/PUP, and releasing the following players: running back Herb Donaldson, center William Vlachos, quarterback Nick Stephens, kicker Will Batson, tight end Joey Haynos, offensive linemen George Bias and Jonathan Palmer, safety Christian Scott, and receivers Chase Deadder, LaQuinton Evans, and Marcus Harris.

---------- Post added August-26th-2012 at 05:39 PM ----------

Seattle Seahawks: Released receiver Terrell Owens, guard Deuce Lutui, tackle Alex Barron, receiver Phil Bates, tackle Edawn Coughman, cornerback Donny Lisowski, cornerback Ron Parker, and running back Tyrell Sutton. Also waived the following players with the “injured” designation: linebacker Jameson Konz, defensive tackle Lazarius Levingston, cornerback Roy Lewis, and tight end Cameron Morrah.

---------- Post added August-26th-2012 at 05:40 PM ----------

Jacksonville Jaguars: Cut cornerback Ashton Youboty, quarterback Nathan Enderle, receiver Chastin West, linebacker Nate Bussey, running back DuJuan Harris, cornerback Mike Holmes, tackle Dan Hoch, and linebacker Donovan Richard.

Kansas City Chiefs: They released second-year wideout Jeremy Horne, who had yet to record a regular season catch, as well as former Army linebacker Caleb Campbell. Also released were: Fullback Shane Bannon, tight end Tim Biere, wide receivers Brandon Kinnie, Zeke Markshausen and Aaron Weaver, offensive linemen Justin Cheadle and Cam Hollland, defensive end Ethan Johnson, linebacker Dexter Heyman, defensive backs Dominique Ellis and Jean Fanor and kicker Matt Szymanski.

Miami Dolphins: Cut Hard Knocks star Les Brown as well as defensive tackle Chas Alecxih, cornerback Marcus Brown, safety Tyrell Johnson, cornerback Trenton Hughes, linebacker Josh Linam, running back Jerome Messam, defensive end Jacquies Smith and cornerback Jonathan Wade. Placed running back Jonas Gray on the physically unable to perform list.

Chicago Bears: They placed safety Brandon Hardin on IR, receiver Johnny Knox on reserve/PUP, and released veteran defensive tackle John McCargo. They also waived linebacker K.C. Asiodu, quarterback Matt Blanchard, safety Trevor Coston, receiver Terriun Crump, receiver Chris Summers, defensive end Derek Walker, and defensive end Thaddeus Gibson. They also waived/injured linebacker Adrien Cole and guard Nick Pieschel. The Bears have two more moves to make.

---------- Post added August-26th-2012 at 05:52 PM ----------

Bears waived RB Harvey Unga

so replacing one crappy QB with another crappy QB + giving away draft picks...

That and any thought of flipping Cousins or Grossman this season to Arizona probably just went out the door...

---------- Post added August-26th-2012 at 06:18 PM ----------

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk

Dolphins may add receiver, probably won't be T.O. http://wp.me/p14QSB-4LUD

Think the Skins might choose to stash any players on IR? Lance Lewis never got a chance to show off his talent. RB is crowded but Helu and Royster both have minor injuries. Stash one away for next year. Maybe there's some interest in someone next year, maybe one shows he shouldn't be on the team

Think the Skins might choose to stash any players on IR? Lance Lewis never got a chance to show off his talent. RB is crowded but Helu and Royster both have minor injuries. Stash one away for next year. Maybe there's some interest in someone next year, maybe one shows he shouldn't be on the team

I've been a fan of getting Helu to have surgery and put him on IR. Keep Royster, THT, Morris, and T. Davis. If you don't want to keep Davis, then that'll open up a spot in TE or WR to have an extra body.

I don't see the point in taking cut players who are on IR, we need players to play now or to provide depth now, if a player is on IR now he will be on IR all year and that is a waste of CAP. I am happy with who we have on the Roster now, I don't see why we should cut anyone now, other than those we need to (mainly 3rd stringers). We are building chemistry nicely, if it aint broke don't fix it.

HTTR

He didn't play Saturday once the starters were out, so I doubt they'd use him on Wednesday.

A good hint on the final cuts is look for any veterans like say Cooley who play in the final preseason game. That's a good sign they are on the bubble or already gone.

---------- Post added August-26th-2012 at 09:31 PM ----------

how...the cardinals QBs suck...

With how bad they pass protect its hard to know.

Archived