Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cuts from Around the NFL (That Might Help the Redskins---MET)

mrjoolius

Is there a thread to discuss other team's cuts and if they could help this team. I'd like to think there are lineman getting cut by strong teams better than some we are carrying.

I'm out on a business trip at the moment and stuck in a hotel room with not much to do over the weekend and nothing on TV (I'm in India). I have watched a ton of preseason games this weekend.

Let me tell you there are some pretty bad offensive lines out there and some teams in even worse shape than us in that area. Good starting quality offensive lineman are not easy to find and teams that have them tend to keep them.

Speaking of cuts, tomorrow's the cut to 75. Anybody else think that if Cooley's going to be released, that'd be the time? Or has everything changed with the fullback injuries?

The the likelihood that we go 4 (HB) - 1 (FB) and the original plan to go with 4 TEs, I think with the FB issues we're having, Cooley will not be released in the upcoming cuts. It probably doesn't mean much unless we do cut down to 4 TEs on the roster with him still on the roster.

Arizona Cardinals:

LT Levi Brown on injured reserve, waiving fullback Jared Crank and running back Thomas Clayton with the waived-injured designation, and releasing DE Landon Cohen, WR Gino Crump, S Eddie Elder, WR Tre Gray, CB Marshay Green, WR Jaymar Johnson, FB Reagan Maui’a, LB Marcus McGraw, LB Zack Nash, CB James Nixon, K/P Ricky Schmitt and LB Paul Vassalo.

The the likelihood that we go 4 (HB) - 1 (FB) and the original plan to go with 4 TEs, I think with the FB issues we're having, Cooley will not be released in the upcoming cuts. It probably doesn't mean much unless we do cut down to 4 TEs on the roster with him still on the roster.

Agree that Skins are only cutting down to 75 so they don't have to cut Cooley yet. BUT, if they know he's not in their final plans then cutting him early gives him a chance so sign on with another team if possible.

4HB, 1FB, 4TE, 3 QB, 9OL, 6WR = 27 That's too many on Offense for the final roster. With the injury history for the HB and OL I think it prudent to attempt to max out with 4 and 9 respectively. But, we don't want less than 6 WR or 3QBs so something has to give.

Atlanta Falcons:

T Will Svitek on injured reserve, waiving TE Chase Coffman, LB Max Gruder, K Erik Folk, RB Richard Medlin, FB Lee Meisner, DE Louis Nzegwu, WR Kenny Stafford andTE Aron White abnd reaching injury settlements with DT Elisha Joseph and CB Darrin Walls.

Man, Chase Coffman must be some ****. I remember coming into the draft he was supposed to be one of the top TE's, as high as an early 2nd. Bengals ended up picking him in the 3rd and that was the year they were on Hard Knocks. That whole season the coaches were just killing him for how lost he was. Now he's on his third team in as many years and cant even get past first cuts.

Agree that Skins are only cutting down to 75 so they don't have to cut Cooley yet. BUT, if they know he's not in their final plans then cutting him early gives him a chance so sign on with another team if possible.

4HB, 1FB, 4TE, 3 QB, 9OL, 6WR = 27 That's too many on Offense for the final roster. With the injury history for the HB and OL I think it prudent to attempt to max out with 4 and 9 respectively. But, we don't want less than 6 WR or 3QBs so something has to give.

Too heavy on OL for the September roster. If we go with just 3 TEs, the 4-1 split at FB would increase the likelihood that number 3 will be Cooley. Defense will be distribute 6DL,9LB,9DB.

There a WR named Owens that was cut in Seattle and is now available

Hahaha, I saw this on the ticker and was immed wondering what folks here would be saying (if anything). Shanny doesn't really **** w/ guys like TO, does he?

Shanahan already said that he doesn't and won't stick to some even split of offensive and defensive players. He was asked in a press conference if the split he'll end up with was 25 offense, 25 defense and 3 special teams. He more or less blew that simplistic take out of the water lol. He basically said that it just depends on what the team feels would serve it best in any given year, that there are some teams that go heavy on defense and others that go heavy on offense...

You are not going to see anyone that is cut this weekend that will be worth picking up. All the guys that I have seen are just someone else's scrubs. They aren't in the business of picking up someone's leftovers as they did when Vinny was here. Don't be surprise if Brandon Banks is on the cut list. Yesterday was a tryout for other possibilities at the return game and it was shown that others can do the job plus produce on offense or defense. He is on the bubble along with Robinson and Armstrong. Niles Paul is another I think that is on the bubble because he hasn't been consistent. He has shown flashes but is it enough. O-Line I think that we get rid of Jaamal Brown because he has too many injury issues and can't be depended on. I think the O-Line is another tough decision because we have a lot of depth there also. RB is another tough decision to cut. I think Crompton gets cut but could be a practice squad player. The same with Tristan Davis.

Archived