Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cuts from Around the NFL (That Might Help the Redskins---MET)

mrjoolius

I don't see the point in taking cut players who are on IR, we need players to play now or to provide depth now, if a player is on IR now he will be on IR all year and that is a waste of CAP. I am happy with who we have on the Roster now, I don't see why we should cut anyone now, other than those we need to (mainly 3rd stringers). We are building chemistry nicely, if it aint broke don't fix it.

HTTR

the NFL cap only covers the top... 52 players under contract, as I recall. That means guys like Minnefield and Lewis who are under UDFA contracts are not going to count at all.

the NFL cap only covers the top... 52 players under contract, as I recall. That means guys like Minnefield and Lewis who are under UDFA contracts are not going to count at all.

When a player goes on injured reserve, his full salary cap figure counts against his team's salary cap unless otherwise specified in the player's contract. However, a player can be waived and his salary can be cut in half if he makes it to IR. During the season, all players under-contract hit the cap.

I am sorry for taking this approach, but most of you are playing madden football or something and seem to think that there is always greener grass somewhere else, even if it's in the middle of a cow pasture.

Come on...really? We are going to take other teams cuts a week before heading off to play New Orleans and somehow those guys are going to make a difference? Shanny has already spent the last 6 months building the team he wants, prioritizing the free agents he could afford, and there have been plenty of free agents out there that we didn't want and could still afford them. How is scraping the bottom of Clevelands barrel going to send this team into the playoffs? Honestly, let's roll with what we have, hope that J. Brown can end up being healthy in a month and contribute at right tackle, and let's just CUT Cedric "I've lost the receiver somewhere on this playing field" Griffin, and move on to play the games the best we can. Then next offseason, there is REAL free agency and a #2 draft pick burning a hole in Snyders pocket.

I don't see anything of interest coming until the final round of cuts. The only positions that should be on our radar are RT and CB. I see us keeping Polumbus and Compton, as well as Black. If we can replace Black with a better option, I'd be game. I don't see Brown being healthy enough to keep on the active roster. As for CB, I see us keeping Hall, Wilson, two of the youngsters (Crawford, Thompson, Barnes), and Griffin (unfortunately). If we can replace Griffin with a better veteran, I'd be happy.

I don't see anything of interest coming until the final round of cuts. The only positions that should be on our radar are RT and CB. I see us keeping Polumbus and Compton, as well as Black. If we can replace Black with a better option, I'd be game. I don't see Brown being healthy enough to keep on the active roster. As for CB, I see us keeping Hall, Wilson, two of the youngsters (Crawford, Thompson, Barnes), and Griffin (unfortunately). If we can replace Griffin with a better veteran, I'd be happy.

Crawford, Thompson, Barnes Why would you cut one of those "youngsters" when any one of them is more talented than Griffin and they all are younger and have more upside for a future. Each of them could have a "Breakout Season"....while Griffin will have another "Breakdown Season".

The Steelers have released linebacker Ryan Baker, defensive tackle Mike Blanc, wide receiver Paul Cox, cornerback Andre Freeman, kicker Daniel Hrapmann, offensive lineman Kyle Jolly, long snapper Matt Katula, tight end Jamie McCoy, cornerback Walter McFadden, tight end Justin Peelle, safety Myron Rolle, wide receiver Juamorris Stewart, defensive tackle Kade Weston, and wide receiver Jimmy Young.

The Steelers have released linebacker Ryan Baker, defensive tackle Mike Blanc, wide receiver Paul Cox, cornerback Andre Freeman, kicker Daniel Hrapmann, offensive lineman Kyle Jolly, long snapper Matt Katula, tight end Jamie McCoy, cornerback Walter McFadden, tight end Justin Peelle, safety Myron Rolle, wide receiver Juamorris Stewart, defensive tackle Kade Weston, and wide receiver Jimmy Young.

Certainly not him, and certainly not this early, but when final cuts roll Friday, it's always worth keeping an eye on who the Steelers cut in D-linemen. If that organization knows anything, it's how to spot 34 line talent.

Hail.

The Cowboys released tackle Levy Ad****, punter Delbert Alvarado, tight end Harry Flaherty, receiver David Little, tackle Tyrone Novikoff, receiver Raymond Radway, running back Javarris Williams and cornerback C.J. Wilson. They also waived/injured receiver Donavon Kemp and linebacker Caleb McSurdy.

I am sorry for taking this approach, but most of you are playing madden football or something and seem to think that there is always greener grass somewhere else, even if it's in the middle of a cow pasture.

Come on...really? We are going to take other teams cuts a week before heading off to play New Orleans and somehow those guys are going to make a difference? Shanny has already spent the last 6 months building the team he wants, prioritizing the free agents he could afford, and there have been plenty of free agents out there that we didn't want and could still afford them. How is scraping the bottom of Clevelands barrel going to send this team into the playoffs? Honestly, let's roll with what we have, hope that J. Brown can end up being healthy in a month and contribute at right tackle, and let's just CUT Cedric "I've lost the receiver somewhere on this playing field" Griffin, and move on to play the games the best we can. Then next offseason, there is REAL free agency and a #2 draft pick burning a hole in Snyders pocket.

You always have to scan the waiver wire. As a team, you have to do your due diligence. However, you probably won't get anything worthwhile out of this bunch. The next round of cuts may get you some depth at a certain position, not a starter likely at all.

The Oakland Raiders have reduced the team’s active roster to the maximum of 75 players in advance of the National Football League’s Monday deadline of 1 p.m. (PDT).

The Raiders on Monday waived LB Korey Bosworth, DE Mason Brodine, DE Wayne Dorsey, S Aaron Henry, CB Terrail Lambert, WR Thomas Mayo, WR DeAundre Muhammad, QB Kyle Newhall-Caballero, S Chaz Powell, FB Manase Tonga and waived-injured FB Rashawn Jackson and OL Ed Wang.

People on here wanted OL Wang from VT years ago

Two names to watch, possibly coming out of Oakland are Marquette King and Eddy Carmona. The likelihood is that raiders want to keep both and probably would try to stash them on the practice squad. Obviously with Lechler and Janikowski both active for the 53, both Carmona and King are commodities.

Both have booming legs. Carmona launched a 56 yard FG off of dirt in OAK vs Detroit. The week before, he simply drilled a 53 yarder. King stepped in for Lechler and laid down 60+ yarders, including a 71 yard punt vs ARZ. Both are built like position players, King like a TE, as opposed to kickers.

Carmona is a lefty and King looks like he should be playing saftey.

The Saints has terminated the contracts for DT Remi Ayodele & QB Luke McCown and released TE Jake Byrne, WR Marques Clark, T Hutch Eckerson, G Paul Fenaroli, C Brian Folkerts, WR Kevin Hardy, CB Kamaal McIlwain, DT Swanson Miller, WR Derek Moye, CB Cord Parks, DE Donavan Robinson, LB Aaron Tevis, S Johnny Thomas

Panthers cut Olindo Mare, per league source,People on here wanted OL Wang from VT years ago, Vince Young has been released by the Bills, Chargers released Roscoe Parrish,Eagles released Cliff Harris?, The Cowboys released tackle Levy Ad****...etc etc etc

How soon can we pick these guys up and start turning this franchise around?

Texans released veteran linebacker Omar Gaither and wide receiver Bryant Johnson, sixth-round pick Nick Mondek, along with releasing the following players: center Thomas Austin, punter Brett Hartmann, receiver Mario Lewis, running back Davin Meggett, defensive end Jimmy Saddler-McQueen, fullback Derrell Smith, guard Kasey Studdard and cornerback Torri Williams.

A lot of the cutsare from teams that are, on the whole, worse than Washington. Also a lot of the cuts to get down to 75 are UFA's and spare parts. It's tough to see them making a contribution to the Skin's if they can't do the same for their original team. My guess is the 'Skins will comb over the next round of cuts far more closely.

Archived