Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Antwaan Randle El as a sideline commentator. Rex as a pure passer & snack chips...

Gart Monk

This is the problem with having 20 years like we just had. You look around for people to step up in the place of our older guys and you have people like Arrington on the radio and Randle-El on the sidelines. Don't worry. In about two decades we'll have some really awesome recently retired Redskins legends to give us totally meaningless reports from the sideline!

This is a quote from 2010 pre-season from Matt Terl

"I was surprised, when at looked at the stats for the 2010 preseason to date, to find out just how well Rex Grossman‘s been doing. 25-of-39 for 335 yards, 2 touchdowns, and 1 interception. That’s a 97.7 QB rating, and a perfectly agreeable stat line by any measure."

I hate to be that guy, but this is pre-season. As cool as Grossman is as an individual is equal to me about how nice a guy Jason Campbell is. Around here, it's not going to get us far. Grossman is a capable backup and we need him here in Washington because the one thing people always seem to forget in regards to him; No one in the NFL knows THIS playbook better than him, no one, not a single person (well of course aside from Kyle). His job is as tight sealed and locked as RG3's.

---------- Post added August-26th-2012 at 02:31 AM ----------

This is the problem with having 20 years like we just had. You look around for people to step up in the place of our older guys and you have people like Arrington on the radio and Randle-El on the sidelines. Don't worry. In about two decades we'll have some really awesome recently retired Redskins legends to give us totally meaningless reports from the sideline!

Let's hope Cooley is one of those individuals.

I don't think we should complain about the quality of a sideline reporter for a Comcast SportsNet broadcast. Honestly...like Chick Hernandez is terrible. Yet, he has managed to retain his gig for years. I personally think Randle-El's work is at least on-par with Doc Walker's.

Why the Randle El hate? He was only a gadget player with the Steelers and had his career years as a WR here with the Skins. It wasn't his fault he was thrust into the role of being a no. 2 WR and not the slot guy we brought him in to be, that's all on Brandon Lloyd. And we're the ones who cut him, he didn't leave us to go back to the Steelers or something, but they were the ones who gave him a job again. Seriously guys, it bothers me to see a guy who put in the work as a Redskin get disrespected so easily, like it's nothing. We're Skins fans, we should be way better than that... that crap is for Eagle fans or something.

And just plain ol' Baked Lays Chips, thank you.

I think ARE is doing a great job.

That being said, I think we're all kind of waiting for RG3 to have a break-out performance like RG8 just had. I'm waiting to see RG3 hit that 15-20 yard play-action post route over the middle on a consistent basis, which I feel like is a staple of this offense. I think RG3 is focusing too much on the quick outs on the sidelines which aren't really getting us any significant yardage. I think the accuracy is definitely there, he just needs to get a little more comfortable making those reads so that we can pick up big chunks. RG3 has been solid but unspectacular, whereas each of the other QBs have been able to carry the offense without assistance from the run game. I think the reason RG3 finds himself not extending drives w/o help from the running game is because he's not hitting passes over the middle like RG8 does on the reg. Hitting a 5 yard out to Hankerson is all nice and dandy but doesn't really slash the defense like a 15 yard post route to Davis.

He wasn't that bad. The Colts version that I saw online when I had to leave for work was much worse. Give the dude a break.

Yeah, I mean it's Comcast Sports Net. They'll never get confused with any of the bigtime networks, but lets get real...they're okay. I've been to other places, and I can say with complete honesty that there are some teams that have local broadcast network commentators/reporters that probably belong at a Cupcake State 1AA/FCS game, or worse.

Is it just me, or does a small piece of "RedskinsNation" die every time the show focuses on A.R.E., and his bull**** sideline commentary? This guy sucks! He is Steeler fodder pretending to have an interest for the Redskins.

What kind of weird self-esteem issues brought this stuff on?

Honestly I don't care whether he was good or bad. It does say something about the state of this Franchise if the only qualified ex-player was at best a marginal player.

It says nothing about the organization.

ARE has been auditioning for this job forever. his voice is made for it, he's been trying every broadcast opportunity that has come his way.

He's got a good voice, speaks clearly, and that is why he's doing it.

~Bang

---------- Post added August-26th-2012 at 03:12 PM ----------

We need Smoot on the sidelines!

Freb Smoop be-say yo! Dat play be rubbinubba dippa sibelimes! Now back innaday, when I was playin' we woulda did dis and dat and a whole loppa de-ubba!

Bap to you up inna boof!

~Freb

---------- Post added August-26th-2012 at 03:13 PM ----------

We need Smoot on the sidelines!

Freb Smoop be-say yo! Dat play be rubbinubba dippa sibelimes! Now back innaday, when I was playin' we woulda did dis and dat and a whole loppa de-ubba!

Bap to you up inna boof!

~Freb

Randle El seems fine to me as a CSN sideline guy just getting the hang of it, but the timing of when they cut to these interviews can be terrible. I hate listening to any interview when there is on-field action. They did this yesterday (I think with Merriweather) while the Colts starting O was on the field.

Rex is a very good backup and, oh yeah, he's a Washington Redskin. People that boo him at team functions and in preseason games should re-evaluate what, and why, they feel like that's necessary.

Chips:

IMG_5207.jpg

A.R.E. did ok for a rookie "reporter." As for Rex, I've told people this from the beginning, he's not a starter, but as a back up, I think he can be a terrific back up in the league. His responsibilities would only be to come in for clean up or for hopefully a few plays while the starter recovers.

As for chips, Doritos Guacamole flavor or since they don't have them it would seem on the East Coast, plain Sun Chips.

Archived