Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Antwaan Randle El as a sideline commentator. Rex as a pure passer & snack chips...

Gart Monk

I like Randel El on the sideline. One of his best qualities is that he's not Charles Mann.

I lol'd... but seriously... why not hire Smoot and two guys ready on the dump button?

---------- Post added August-26th-2012 at 07:44 PM ----------

I think singling out El is kind of funny when someone like Joe Theismann is up in the booth commontating. Who is Denard Gomes Joe?:ols:

Listening to him is torture and it's not getting any better with each season.

Or DeWon Gomes as Sam kept saying.

EDIT: and as for chips, nothing beats Sunchips Garden Salsa.

ARE is not a good sideline reporter because he is not a hot chick.

I know right? And the weird part is that hot chicks aren't good sideline reporters because they are hot chicks. Strange, strange paradox.

---------- Post added August-26th-2012 at 07:12 PM ----------

I learned something great about RG1 (Rex Grossman); he is awesome against an opposing team's 3rd squad.

Just FYI Rex is also an RG3 (Rex Daniel Grossman III per wikipedia look it up!!)

---------- Post added August-26th-2012 at 07:13 PM ----------

I think singling out El is kind of funny when someone like Joe Theismann is up in the booth commontating. Who is Denard Gomes Joe?:ols:

Listening to him is torture and it's not getting any better with each season.

He makes careless mistakes with names and such, but as a color commentator he is pretty dang good. He adds a lot to the understanding of the game and mindset of the QB position.

Why the Randle El hate? He was only a gadget player with the Steelers and had his career years as a WR here with the Skins. It wasn't his fault he was thrust into the role of being a no. 2 WR and not the slot guy we brought him in to be, that's all on Brandon Lloyd. And we're the ones who cut him, he didn't leave us to go back to the Steelers or something, but they were the ones who gave him a job again. Seriously guys, it bothers me to see a guy who put in the work as a Redskin get disrespected so easily, like it's nothing. We're Skins fans, we should be way better than that... that crap is for Eagle fans or something.

And just plain ol' Baked Lays Chips, thank you.

I'm with ya..

Geesh it seems like some fans just hate players for no reason. "Rundle El" (that's what they used to call him around here back in the day) was always on Redskins TV with Larry Michael when he was here, and Micheal would always say that Antwan was well spoken and had potential in broadcasting. He does mumble a bit, cause he tries to talk so fast but once he corrects that he'll be good. And if there was anyone to hate its Brandon Lloyd who decided to become a rapper for three years while he was here, leaving Randle El and Tana Man to become the smurfs part 2..lol

Rex is a great back-up.. which is why we wasted our 4th rounder on Cousins who wont dress all year! An o-lineman or corner back wouldve been better.There were plenty of promising ones still on the board!

Randle El is nothing special and yes he is loads better than Charles Mann (funny I always remembered how well Charles did in interviews when he played and always thought he'd do well as a broadcaster but he's failed miserably mostly because his personality is blah) but he really has no business on the broadcasts. He's a Steeler. That spot should either be held by a CSN on air reporter or a former Skin.

Rex is a great, yes great, back up. The people who booed him are either complete morons or McSuck sycophants who can't get over Rex beating out their boy..........oh wait those folks are top of the list morons. I still don't quite get why there is any hate for Rex Grossman. To recap, he signed a 1 year deal as a backup in 2010 because he knew Kyle Shanahan's offense. He was inserted during that season because McNutt didn't know the offense and couldn't run it. Rex came in and played well. He signs another low money 1 year deal in 2011 and competes with John Beck for the starting position. He easily beats the guy the Shanahan's hoped would amount to something and had an up and down season (mostly down). In 2012 he once again signs a low salary 1 year contract to be a backup and sounding board for Griffin III.

What exactly has Grossman done, on or off the field, in terms of big contracts or price we paid in draft picks to generate the "hate" some have for him?

Again unless you are a McNutt sycophant I just don't see a single reason to have any negative feelings towards Rex. He's a lower tier starter/top shelf backup who has been thrust into action here due to the failures of others and is absolutely loved by his teammates.

The problem again?

1. ARE is not a Redskin. I hated him while he was here and I wish he would leave again.

The man laughed while on the field during that horrendous loss to DETROIT some years ago. What's funny about losing?

He's on of the prime examples of what was wrong (stockpiling overpaid underperformers) with this franchise for so many years. He makes me sick to my stomach.

Wasn't someone more likeable, like Jeff George, available for the job?

2. Rex is classy, and maybe the best backup QB in the league.

3. Andy Capp's Hot Fries.

Did you notice when he thought Hightower was playing special teams because there was a #25 on the field? Do your homework jerkoff

He's not the only jerkoff....I thought so too...and, with all that "Alien" hair covering the nameplate, it was tough to tell the difference. My initial reaction was "WTF IS HIGHTOWER DOING OUT THERE??!!"

I don't think we should complain about the quality of a sideline reporter for a Comcast SportsNet broadcast. Honestly...like Chick Hernandez is terrible. Yet, he has managed to retain his gig for years. I personally think Randle-El's work is at least on-par with Doc Walker's.

True. Comcast is just bad. That being said.....

1. I have no problem with ARE. He's okay, and should get better.

2. Rex is a solid backup, who knows the offense. If the situation ever presents itself, (and with our O-line, a real possiblity), I would "Good" Rex over an inexperienced Cousins

3. God help me, I like Pringles, sour cream and onion...

A.R.E is pleasant but I have trouble understanding what he's saying. The players seem to like him so that's kinda cool. They might open up to him and there's a chemistry there that is special. But as the old guard cycles through, he's not going to have that advantage with the Shanny players.

I'm not sold on the value of a sideline reporter to begin with. Tell us something we don't already know! That's why you're there. It's all M-O-O (Master Of the Obvious) coming from Randle El.

Horrible sideline reporter because he doesn't articulate very well. Reminds me of Emmitt Smiff.

Rex will be fine as the backup.

Cheetos- Cheddar Jalapeno flavor.

4516780836_d6f58025e1.jpg

---------- Post added August-27th-2012 at 11:40 AM ----------

El is the 2nd coming of Eric Dickerson on the sideline.

Now let's go to E.D. for a report from the bench....

Thanks Al, this is Eric Dickerson. The Trainer said his injury.....

This is Eric Dickerson. Back to you Al.

Thanks E.D.

I think A.R.E. was awful the first game, but has gotten better each game. It takes time to get the hang of it. Female sideline reporters are fine, but I prefer the ex-player where you know that he knows what he's talking about and he has a repoire with the current players. I LOVE when Doc Walker does it.

Sam Rosen needs to retire...he was awful! Who is DeLon Gomes? :doh:

Rex is probably one of the better BACKUP QB's in the league. It was embarrassing as a fan when he got booed by all the idiots, and I was very happy for him when he went 8 for 8 and 2 TD's in his two series. It was also funny hearing the same people who booed him cheeering when he made a big play or a TD pass.

Yummy!

utz_SSBBQ_2.jpg

I think A.R.E. was awful the first game' date=' but has gotten better each game. It takes time to get the hang of it. Female sideline reporters are fine, but I prefer the ex-player where you know that he knows what he's talking about and he has a repoire with the current players. I LOVE when Doc Walker does it.

Sam Rosen needs to retire...he was awful! Who is DeLon Gomes? :doh:

Rex is probably one of the better [i']BACKUP [/i]QB's in the league. It was embarrassing as a fan when he got booed by all the idiots, and I was very happy for him when he went 8 for 8 and 2 TD's in his two series. It was also funny hearing the same people who booed him cheeering when he made a big play or a TD pass.

Yummy!

http://www.guysnation.com/wp-content/uploads//2011/06/utz_SSBBQ_2.jpg

I agree SnB, I thought Randle El has done fine. Also some of you might need to clean your ears, because he's spoken clearly and relatively articulate to me, sure he stumbled a few times over his words but I think some of you may just be letting your preconceived bias affect your opinion. Also people saying he's a Steeler and shouldn't be doing anything with the Redskins, why? Even if he formed more of a bond with Steeler fans than he did with us, the fact is he was with the Steelers 1 season longer than the Skins and regardless, he always played hard, seemed like a fine teammate and never got in trouble. Yeah, I made fun of him on PR duties, but it's not his fault that Zorn's idiot ass kept putting him back there even though he proved to be ineffective. Y'all are just some haters.

Hell yeah! Smokin' Sweet is the best chip out there right now. Since you already said it though, I'm going to add a close 2 for me: ruffles-baked-cheddar-sour-cream.gif

Archived