Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins announce press confrence for Portis, who is retiring Thursday.

GOSKINS_08

This thread brings a smile to my face because people recognize his accomplishments outside running with the rock and the most impressive being his blocking.
Really really bad quality...but i will never forget this play.

The 2nd highlight, against the Eagles, is one of the most memorable CP runs for me.

CP was one tough guy. Glad he's gonna retire as a Redskin! Wish him all the best!

Portis issued a thank you letter to his fans Wednesday,. It follows in its entirety :

I entered this city wide-eyed and excited. I was a 22-year old kid who didn’t know the storied history or the timeless legacy that is The Redskin Nation. What I did know was that I was called upon to deliver more than just touchdowns. I was brought here to work alongside a great group of teammates to uplift the spirits of an organization, a community, and the best fans in the world.

Today, I hang up my jersey and untie my cleats. I reflect on my time here as some of the best times I can remember and hope that it is as memorable for you as it is for me. I want to thank my teammates, my family, and my fans for all the love and support and for allowing me to grow from a boy into a man in a city that I will forever love.

A special thank you to Mr. and Mrs. Snyder for everything they have done for me and my family, Coach Shannahan for giving me the chance of a lifetime, and Coach Gibbs for making me a man. LOVE YOU ALL!

Redskin Nation Forever HTTR

CP addresses the fans!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/post/clinton-portis-issues-thank-you-note-to-fans/2012/08/22/f979e50e-ec91-11e1-a80b-9f898562d010_blog.html

"I entered this city wide-eyed and excited. I was a 22-year old kid who didn’t know the storied history or the timeless legacy that is The Redskin Nation. What I did know was that I was called upon to deliver more than just touchdowns. I was brought here to work alongside a great group of teammates to uplift the spirits of an organization, a community, and the best fans in the world.

Today, I hang up my jersey and untie my cleats. I reflect on my time here as some of the best times I can remember and hope that it is as memorable for you as it is for me. I want to thank my teammates, my family, and my fans for all the love and support and for allowing me to grow from a boy into a man in a city that I will forever love.

A special thank you to Mr. and Mrs. Snyder for everything they have done for me and my family, Coach Shannahan for giving me the chance of a lifetime, and Coach Gibbs for making me a man. LOVE YOU ALL!

Redskin Nation Forever HTTR"

Portis transformed into a workhorse back for this franchise and carried the team through some tough times. I was a fan anyway but if you knew nothing more than the fact that Joe Gibbs really liked Portis, that should speak volumes. He definitely had some special plays, games and streaks for this team that deserves a lot of credit and in a certain way I'm sure I'll be wishing at times this year #26 was in the backfield blocking for RG3 several times this year.

Proud to have the Portis jersey hanging in my closet. He was one of my favorite Skins growing up and I will never forget his first run, or some of the killer blocks he layed. Thanks for the good times, CP, looking forward to having you retire as a Redskin.

I loved watching him play, at times he pissed me off and he gave us all he had. We ran him into the ground. Good luck Clinton Portis, Coach Janky Spanky, Sheriff Gonna Getcha, Southeast Jerome, Dolla Bill, Dr. Do Itch Big, Bro Sweets, Prime Minister Yah Mon, Bud Foxx, Coconut Jones, And Choo-Choo.

Great pics of CP the knucklehead...http://deadspin.com/5936689/clinton-portis-coach-janky-spanky-sheriff-gonna-getcha-southeast-jerome-dolla-bill-dr-do-itch-big-bro-sweets-prime-minister-yah-mon-bud-foxx-coconut-jones-and-choo+choo-announce-their-nfl-retirements

Alfred Morris became a Skins fan because of Portis. Even tries to model his pass blocking after him.

i was thinking about this, earlier today.. Morris gave the response that CP was his favorite Redskins RB of all time.. Perhaps this is what convinced CP that he's worthy of retiring in B&G?

edit:

or..... it could be the #2 redskins rb of all time record

Archived