Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins announce press confrence for Portis, who is retiring Thursday.

GOSKINS_08

I know opinons on Portis vary here but I have to say I loved the guy.

From his first play as a Redskin for a TD to his amazing blitz pick up blocks and overall hustle. The characters and his smile kept it fresh at Redskins Park for years.

Loved the guy and wish him well moving forward! HAIL!

Great to see him retiring a Redskin. I can wear my jersey again.

I liked Portis, the guy was at least a competitor and I enjoyed watching him knock the **** out of oncoming, unsuspecting pass rushers. His running ability never seemed to live up to the hype (hardly ever ran longer than 20 yards it seemed), for whatever reason, but he was the best blocking RB I can remember, and he was the workhorse for a long time for the team.

Awesome. I love CP. It's too bad his career ended so quickly due to injury. I still think he could outperform a guy like Green-Ellis, but whatever. A functioning brain is more important.

Thank you for all the work, Clinton. You'll always be a great Redskin.

Quite simply, one of our best RBs ever. I had my issues with him at times, didn't care for him seeing so much playing time when he was beaten up, but he did everything he was asked to do and his body took a beating with all the wear and tear he was asked to endure. The running back position is hell on the body and even more hell on the body when you play as hard as he did, but no one can say that he didn't bust his arse in our uniform.

Thanks for everything CP. And now a question... since he's retiring as a Redskin and he's number 2 for all time franchise rushing yards, can I still rock my Portis jersey without it being a "jersey foul"? Or should I retire it to my wall?

Clinton Portis is one of our all time great players. He gave us his all under Gibbs even though he seemed to get injured and frustrated with Zorn and didn't go out the best way possible. He worked his ass off in 2005 and 2007.

2005 Playoff Run:

W @ St.Louis- 27 carries, 136 yards, 2 TDs

W @ Arizona- 26 carries, 105 yards, 1 TD

W vs. Dallas- 23 carries, 112 yards

W vs. New York- 27 carries, 108 yards, 1 TD

W @ Philadelphia- 27 carries, 112 yards, 2 TDs

2007:

W vs. Chicago- 17 carries, 36 yards, 6 rec, 86 yards

W @ New York- 25 carries, 130 yards

W @ Minnesota- 20 carries, 76 yards, 1 TD, 5 rec. 48 yards

W vs. Dallas- 25 carries, 104 yards, 2 TDs 4 rec 27 yards

The guy put the city on his back.