Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins announce press confrence for Portis, who is retiring Thursday.

GOSKINS_08

Southeast Jerome was my dude. I really resent Gibbs for how he misused him. He tried to turn a Ferrari into a Mac truck and it ended his career prematurely and without the HOF accolades that he should have gotten. This is the only thing I resent Gibbs over and its a testament to Portis' talent that he was able to have some productive years dispute the misuse.

One of my favorite all time Skins. One of the best pass blockers for a RB ever in NFL. He always gave it his all even when he was falling over himself his last few seasons.

Congrats to Clinton on a much appreciated career (at least by this fan). I loved that he ALWAYS finished his runs by leaning forward for that extra yard or two, not to mention his exquisite pass blocking and blitz pick-up. I will always remember a fan-made YouTube video of CP's highlight runs as a Redskin set to the theme from the Matrix (since been taken down) and tearing up every time I watched it, clinging to the hope and promise of a great season that any team with a RB like Mr. Portis could deliver.

I always loved and appreciated Portis. I'm a bit bummed that his career ended somewhat abruptly in my mind but he gave the Redskins some great years and certainly gave this franchise all he had. Glad he's retiring as a Redskin!

I agree. Wish he got to the 10,000 yard club! Was only 77 yards away!!! Nonetheless, respect to one of my fave Skins!

Didn't want to start a new thread with this info, but it looks like the jags are looking into trading MJD according to Shef.

Per Schefter tweet.

Quote:

In light of Jaguars owner Shad Khan's recent public remarks, Jacksonville's RB Maurice Jones-Drew is now open to being traded, per source.

Quote:

Now the holdout for @Jones_Drew32 shows no signs of letting up and is fully expected to extend into the regular season.

You may ask...what does that have to do with Portis?

I answer...

Because MJD can block, buddy. (Just like Portis could)

Remember this block on Merriman?

He also just turned 27 in March.

The only question is, what would it take to get him.

I would love to have an MJD & Alfred Morris combo back there.

Alfred Morris reminds me so much of MJD. (bowling ball a runnin')

He's a tad bigger than MJD, but they are close in stature.

Obviously, we would have to try to involve one of our RB's in a trade as we are 4 deep now.

(hightower, helu or royster)

as well as other players/picks.

If we could get him for a reasonable deal, I would love to move in on MJD.

Probably my favorite (non-Skins) back in the League.

He also just turned 27 in March.

The only question is, what would it take to get him.

I would love to have an MJD & Alfred Morris combo back there.

Alfred Morris reminds me so much of MJD. (bowling ball a runnin')

He's a tad bigger than MJD, but they are close in stature.

Obviously, we would have to try to involve one of our RB's in a trade as we are 4 deep now.

(hightower, helu or royster)

as well as other players/picks.

If we could get him for a reasonable deal, I would love to move in on MJD.

Probably my favorite (non-Skins) back in the League.

He's a beast, M_S_F but his stock would drop as the team's stock (we hope) rises. I'm weary of putting that much investment into a player that would not be there by the time we need him most. Honestly, I don't think any of our RBs are the future solution but I'll pass on somebody else's past solution. We need defensive backs and o-linemen worse.

Archived