Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pro football focus visits skins camp

Hooper

Which Redskins linebacker do you like better, Orakpo or Kerrigan?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Which Redskins linebacker do you like better, Orakpo or Kerrigan?

• Brian Orakpo
    • Ryan Kerrigan

RGII shunning Peter King is what let to his BobGriff tweets I bet. This is the only person I read about that happening.

"An aside which may or may not have any bearing: Peter King asked to meet him and was refused. This is the only time on the tour any QB has not spoken to him and is especially strange given the fact that King’s tour is sponsored by EvoShield, who also sponsor Griffin."

I love it. I don't know if the organization was giving him a **** you or if Griffin was. Regardless, I'm happy with the outcome.

That's just it...a single practice is NOT an indication of anything. And it appears they attended the Monday practice which was the worst showing by the entire offense during training camp so far.

:point2sky

Thought the exact same thing. Got an immediate close from me.

"I mean, come on."

Lol...it basically reads: 1) RGIII is supposed to be good...doesnt look all that good to me in the 1 practice I saw. 2) They have 4 RBs...theyre just guys. 3) They have 2 safeties that sucked elsewhere....theyll suck here too. Its really an in depth piece as you can see.

Anybody know what day these guys went to camp? I seem to recall hearing RG3 had one pretty bad practice (I think Day 2) when his only good throw was a strike to Hankerson on a rollout against his body--- but then he bounced back the next day and was lights out.

It could be that these guys came through on this one really off day.

In fairness, the reporters should only write about what they see. What else are they to go on? If it's a camp report from the day they attended, then you want a detailed analysis of that day. You can supplement it by interviewing the beat reporters or even the team, but the focus of that analysis should come from what you were able to see.

In fairness, the reporters should only write about what they see. What else are they to go on? If it's a camp report from the day they attended, then you want a detailed analysis of that day. You can supplement it by interviewing the beat reporters or even the team, but the focus of that analysis should come from what you were able to see.

They should also never write anything that even remotely resembles a conclusion if their only data comes from a single practice. Sure, they can and should report what they see, but leave it at that. Or, hey, maybe do a little research and see how individual players and the team as a whole have apparently looked in all the other practices you did not see. And I'd say this even if PFF showed up on the best practice in Redskins' history. I mean, all of us have been following each and every practice, sometimes hearing about each and every pass thrown, who it was thrown to, whether it was on target or not, etc, etc, and we still remind ourselves and each other that no conclusions of any kind should be reached yet...PFF should have done the same in their write-up.

Here's a better way to write the sentence I quoted above:

Clearly the ability is there, and a single practice is never an indication of anything conclusive. Still, he is a ways from the finished article.

"An aside which may or may not have any bearing: Peter King asked to meet him and was refused. This is the only time on the tour any QB has not spoken to him and is especially strange given the fact that King’s tour is sponsored by EvoShield, who also sponsor Griffin."

I love it. I don't know if the organization was giving him a **** you or if Griffin was. Regardless, I'm happy with the outcome.

I believe there's a strict no 1 on 1 interview policy in effect prior to the season.

Lol...it basically reads: 1) RGIII is supposed to be good...doesnt look all that good to me in the 1 practice I saw. 2) They have 4 RBs...theyre just guys. 3) They have 2 safeties that sucked elsewhere....theyll suck here too. Its really an in depth piece as you can see.

That's exactly what I got out of their write up. Poor poor journalism. To me it almost seems like sour grapes cause of the whole Peter King diss.

The explanation for Griffin's "struggles" may be offered HERE

The Redskins seem to be doing everything they can to challenge Griffin. There are no seven on seven passing drills where Griffin could pick out a receiver at a leisurely pace. He rarely lines up against reserve defenders. Almost every snap he takes in practice is against all 11 members of the Redskins’ first-team defense. Receivers are rarely sent out on deep patters so the defenders know they can crowd the line of scrimmage with impunity.

There is no need for Mike Shanahan to try to build up Griffin’s confidence by cutting him any slack in practice. A player who has a commercial airing about how “greatness is taken” does not have self esteem issues. The Redskins are making him earn every completion and every yard on the ground.

The method isn’t giving the fans who have flocked to Redskins Park to see the franchise savior much of a show. But it should make him a better player when he goes up against other teams, perhaps starting tomorrow in Buffalo.

Now that's a write up I can respect.

Archived