Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Monday 8/6: Training Camp Tweets

I guess make sure he is mentally ok first before cutting him without knowing what is going on. But to your point, thats BS cause he is holding up a roster spot.

I thought they had already cut Balmer and signed Tony Moll with his roster spot?

Washington Redskins ‏@redskinsbuzztap

Redskins Insider >> Redskins training camp: Coaches emphasizing game situations for Griffin http://buzztap.com/-2Evn6C

---------- Post added August-6th-2012 at 09:08 AM ----------

I thought they had already cut Balmer and signed Tony Moll with his roster spot?

They got a roster exemption, so I don't think cutting him changes anything...

Grant Paulsen‏@granthpaulsen

Josh Morgan says he hopes to return to practice this afternoon. He will find out for sure if he'll be cleared to in a little bit. #Redskins

---------- Post added August-6th-2012 at 12:19 PM ----------

Rich Campbell‏@Rich_Campbell

Chris Cooley says he'll play some fullback vs Buffalo on Thursday. WR Josh Morgan (left hamstring) expects to practice today. #Redskins

Grant Paulsen‏@granthpaulsen

Josh Morgan says he hopes to return to practice this afternoon. He will find out for sure if he'll be cleared to in a little bit. #Redskins

---------- Post added August-6th-2012 at 12:19 PM ----------

Really want Josh out there ASAP. I hope he can compete for a starting job and he is going to need reps to see if he can.

Rich Campbell‏@Rich_Campbell

Chris Cooley says he'll play some fullback vs Buffalo on Thursday. WR Josh Morgan (left hamstring) expects to practice today. #Redskins

Excellent. Backup FB should help Cooley make the team. It also adds a new dynamic, Cooley's receiving skills should be much better than most FB's in the league.

---------- Post added August-6th-2012 at 12:34 PM ----------

Really want Josh out there ASAP. I hope he can compete for a starting job and he is going to need reps to see if he can.

Seriously doubt he can do that in this preseason. Due to the leg injury he isn't in football shape. Which is why we see him have some hamstring issues. They tend to be a sign of lack of conditioning, which is to be expected.

The thing with Morgan is to have him be fully healthy and competing for much more playing time around mid-season. If so, then that should help us greatly in a difficult stretch of our schedule.

Excellent. Backup FB should help Cooley make the team. It also adds a new dynamic, Cooley's receiving skills should be much better than most FB's in the league.

---------- Post added August-6th-2012 at 12:34 PM ----------

Seriously doubt he can do that in this preseason. Due to the leg injury he isn't in football shape. Which is why we see him have some hamstring issues. They tend to be a sign of lack of conditioning, which is to be expected.

The thing with Morgan is to have him be fully healthy and competing for much more playing time around mid-season. If so, then that should help us greatly in a difficult stretch of our schedule.

Cooley played some H Back when Gibbs was here, so it's not foreign for him to be blocking in space, which is a plus. As for Morgan, what I'm hoping to see is for him to stay healthy and show something. He doesnt have to come out and win a starting job in the preseason, but I would like to see flashes and see him get better as camp progresses.

Archived